Repeat private parking tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I'm a new user to the forum and currently have 2 private parking tickets on the go one from ukcps (on my 2nd letter) and one from Newlyn plc I think (waiting for my 1st letter and threw away the windscreen sticker so not sure) My question is this... Advice on these tickets seems to be never to pay because they are not enforcable and if this is true does that mean I can start parking wherever I like and just keep throwing away the tickets or will they take me to court if the tickets start mounting up? ps I have not parked anywhere on purpose where I knew I would get a ticket as yet but might start doing so.

Thanks in advance

If it was a private Pay and Display car park, did you pay for the parking? That's the only question that has to be asked. Don't confuse legitimate charges for parking (i.e the sort you pay for from a machine) and the unenforceable penalties demanded by the parking companies if you break their "rules".

Hi mate the first one was allegedly on private land at brewery wharf in leeds although there was only one sign in the vicinity and it was obstructed by a white van parked butt up against the sign (I have taken photo evidence just in case) the second one was at leeds general infimary I was loading in a loading bay and was there for 10 mins and had a site parking permit in date and displayed in my window and had permission to park from the maintenace department while I was carrying out emergency repairs to the mri scanner. I have paid 2 of these tickets in the past on site at lgi which I clained back from work but recieve these tickets quite often despite my permit hence the repeat offender question

If you can't see the signage, you can't be expected to form a contract.

If you have a valid permit you should just pass the matter back to the hospital. If you can't be arsed with that, just keep the permits and be ready to throw it in their faces if they are dumb enough to try court.

Basically if you park with permission of the landowner then the PPC can quote rules, contracts and any load of German footballer (Ballacks:D) all they like. The simple fact is you have permission to park where you did and as such the PPC are powerless.

I normally advocate no contact with a PPC, but if this is going to be a repeat scenario a more practical way forward may be called for - it may pay you to either make an informal approach to the on-site parking muppets and explain the facts to them. It may prevent future harassment. If you don't want to be identified then ask one of your hospital contacts to do it for you.

Edited by pin1onu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the advice guys all taken on board. And don't worry I wont be giving any of these jokers the satisfaction of a reply I'll just wait for the court summons lol:lol: