Capital one...took me for £12 charges **REFUNDED**

accesspwd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help needed please,

I have been with capital one, for over 2 years now and have never missed a payment (NOT ONCE)

I went to pay my card the other day and noticed i was one day late paying, the have charged me £12 late fee, that £12 has then put me over my limit, so they have then charged me another £12

So in one day they have charged me £24, they have then added interest too.

I have emailed two people who work there (i used software to tell me the emails had successfully delivered, and also when they were read, I have recevieved both notifications back)

These charges are ludicris, Any advise on what i can do.

And phoning them costs a fortune, hence why i emailed them

Thanks in advance

Train hard...Fight easy

Lodge a formal complaint with them using their own internal complaints procedure, and claim the charges back.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for your reply.

CapOne are so ridiculous - because i have got an upaid charge on my account have restricted my account and wont let me send them a secure message as i normally would - so now i have no means to send them the message. Silly sods

Train hard...Fight easy

Again, this is added to your complaint to them, that they are acting like children and to put their toys back in the pram.

Have a look round on that link, and right click on the links see if it comes up with 'copy email address' then copy and insert it into your email and send it that way.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for your reply.

CapOne are so ridiculous - because i have got an upaid charge on my account have restricted my account and wont let me send them a secure message as i normally would - so now i have no means to send them the message. Silly sods

Glad I'm not the only one! They put a stop on my online facility due to a 'suspicious transaction', lifted it when I phoned and confirmed the transaction was OK, then suspended online access again because by now a payment was overdue. Cue £12 fee and I haven't been able to phone them since to get the online access reinstated so likely to be another £12 charge by now!

Good luck!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Ok, this is what i done.

I managed to find email addresses for two people who work for Capital One

I emailed them directly, And included notifications, so i knew when they were deliverred, and when the email was opened.

I got the notification to say the emails were received and read, Have not received anything back.

but i have gone back into my account today and noticed they have refunded the charges thank god.

I didnt expect them to be so nice, i have to admit im impressed for a change

Train hard...Fight easy