Made Redundant - lots of debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could someone kindly help me I need to do a letter to all my creditors explaining I can only offer a token payment at present as I am unemployed at present.

Any templates on this please.

Thanks

Mashmallow

XXXX

Hope this helps which we got off the forum.

Whether you put in the budget sheet is up to you.

HH

Dear Sir/Madam

Re Account No/Reference No:

Since making that above agreement with you, my circumstances have changed.

I cannot now afford to agreed monthly payments because since being made redundant I have been unable to make minimum monthly payments on all my debts.

I enclose a Personal Budget sheet which shows my total income from all sources, and my outgoings. As you can see we have only £ per month left for our creditors. The offers I have made to my creditors have worked out on a pro-rata basis, and I have written to all our creditors asking them to accept reduced payments.

In view of our circumstances, please would you agree to accept a reduced offer of £ per month. If interest or other charges are being added to the account we would be grateful if you would freeze these so that all payments made will reduce what I owe you.

Should my circumstances improve I will contact you again.

Thank you for your assistance. We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Could someone kindly help me I need to do a letter to all my creditors explaining I can only offer a token payment at present as I am unemployed at present.

Any templates on this please.

Thanks

Mashmallow

XXXX

speaking from personal experience, i work for a large company handling their trade account debts.. i dont trust anything that doesnt come on headed paper from a company i can trace, i.e Citizens advice, debt free CCC etc... go and see them, they will do a letter for you free anyway, and the budget they put on that letter wil go further with a lot of creditors than a simple home made job (no offence to CAG).

it sounds harsh, but my first phone call to anyone when i get a letter from them like that is please seek proper advice and get it official, we as a company dont like home made letters, we like a name we can call and verify the budget is accurate and not total bullwhop! because believe me when i say ive seen some hilarious claims in home made payment plans in my time, 1 lady was claiming £300 for dry cleaning each month and thought it was a genuine expense of living!!

not meant to cause offense, but a lot of companies dont have morals like i do, whilst im sympathetic to your problems and will offer advice where i can, most will not! they just want your money and fast!!

May I ask if you have received a lump sum from your redundancy? If you have, depending on how much you owe, you could offer this as a full and final settlement to your creditors to clear the debt in full. You could write to all creditors asking what the minimum is that they would accept, and then make an offer with this lump sum. Alternatively, you could make monthly payments to them out of this amount x