Avon Cosmetic debt problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I became a Represenative for Avon back in May 2005 for 2 months. Was only for two months as the items always arrived late if at all, so I paid off the account.

However I checked my Credit File a few months back and noticed I have a default on it from Avon for £144. I contacted the Reps number and they had trouble finding my account to start with then told me it was with Avon Collections and they couldn't give me any information on this as I had to contact the collections department.

So I rang the collections department who I asked for information on the debt and they said they could only send me a statment (I want Orders/delivery invoives etc for proof of the debt) as they don't keep hold of the other information for this long.

How do I go about getting this removed from my Credit file, as I don't believe the debt is true and they can't supply me the efficient information I'm asking for.

P.s I've asked for a copy of the CCA which they sent me a copy of the Representatives agreement.

Send the 'prove it' letter.

They are required to keep all documentation for at least 6 years under Money Laundering Rules.

They would also need the paperwork to prove the debts exists should they take you to Court.

State the debt is in dispute and as such they should remove the entries on your CRA files.

Hi Harrassed Senior

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

What would I put in the prove it letter? Or is there a template I could use?

They obviously have no intention of taking it to the Solicitors/court as it is still 'in-house' 4 years on. I have recieved no information about the debt in 4 years and am still recieving no information (mail/phone calls etc) unless I ring/write and then I am lucky if I get anywere.

According to guidelines they are supposed to register a default within a reasonable time frame not two years after the event.

It might be worthwhile sending a SAR to Avon to see exactly what has occurred with this a/c. http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca