Subject Access Data Request

PJ Maybe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Short story long:D Moved abroad well next door "France" had a few problems that resulted in not being able to pay off the Credit Card, Heart Attack serious head injury. The French Government has now defined me as handicapped, And I am in receipt of UK Incapacity Benefit and a Private pension which is being paid very early due to ill health. We managed to clear the Bank Accounts with Lloyds and Close them But prior to them being closed they had charged us a lot of money this was 3 or 4 years ago.

1: Can you submit a Subject Access Data Request on closed accounts but we still have a CC with LLoydsTsb thats in Arrears?

1a:And then attempt to take them to court for this?

We were/are paying off 10k + at £30 a month this has been going on for about 4 years. We received a letter saying that the payment plan had come to an end and that we should meet the minimum payment next month. After a few phone calls we have a 6 month stay of execution, Although this I take it is to be taken with a pinch of salt until confirmed in writing.

We are going to submit a Hardship Claim via the Andover Address but?

2: As we are not residents of the UK is it true that they cant take us to court for a CCJ within the UK.

3: Is a CCJ required for a EEO "European Enforcement Order or can it be obtained by other means now?

4: If they sell the debt is it still pursued under the original CCA that was signed in the UK once the new company owns it?

We are trying to keep it amicable and want to keep paying at a rate we can afford, But I suspect judging by the grief people have explained here it will get daft. This has been going on since 2003, Original CCA signed 2000. The Paymet Protection would not help due to being overseas.

For some reason they had changed the address of our account to my Wife's dads address, We have attempted to put this right but will send a registered letter Monday Morning to get proof of delivery and hopefully a letter returned to us confirming this.

I have read most of the other threads related to abroad on the board but the trend seems never to have an finalisation, Sorry about the long winded first post I have tried to keep it remaining readable.:D

Edited by PJ Maybe

Hi PJ Maybe:)

Do you have any charges on the credit card you could reclaim? Although you say the account is in arrears and these charges if refunded would be credited to the outstanding balance, it would at least go some way to reducing the debt. Also you mention PPI - if you have it have you thought about reclaiming it as mis-sold? Pop over to the PPI forum and have a read of the 'stickies' at the top of the page - try to establish if you fit the criteria for mis-selling.............its amazing how many people find they do!

Also if you put in a claim for mis-sold PPI and you have to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, they are upholding over 90% of mis-sold PPI claims against LTSB!

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi PJ Maybe:)

Do you have any charges on the credit card you could reclaim? Although you say the account is in arrears and these charges if refunded would be credited to the outstanding balance, it would at least go some way to reducing the debt. Also you mention PPI - if you have it have you thought about reclaiming it as mis-sold? Pop over to the PPI forum and have a read of the 'stickies' at the top of the page - try to establish if you fit the criteria for mis-selling.............its amazing how many people find they do!

Also if you put in a claim for mis-sold PPI and you have to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, they are upholding over 90% of mis-sold PPI claims against LTSB!

Landy x

That knocked some sense in Thanks I had not even considered the PPI which ironically they refused to payout on as I had not been working for over some period, So I had a heart Attack and Lloyds basically gave me the finger. Caused a lot of stress at the Time, Foreign Country hospitals and a bank that would not play ball.

There are charges on the CC but I will need to Subject access Request that as well as paper work is filed under Oblivion currently.

Monday morning we are sending in a Hardship letter, Doh.........Tuesday morning being like its a bank holiday. I will also prepare the Subject Access Request at the same time.

Edited by PJ Maybe