Help! Threat of court from OPC - is this sign valid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First part of the defence I've sent deals with getting this struck out from the start.

How on earth can they claim £100 from someone who has bought a P&D ticket but who has parked in an adjacent bay because signage consists of a little map high up on a pole?

Plus the obvious, usual unenforceable contractual penalty bumpf.

And for a bonus point.... another fake, unstamped court papers case.

Have heard rumblings about a certain Trading Standards division taking a VERY close interest in these nutters.

So Im still not sure whether to put in a counterclaim... but think Im not going to- will just do a basic defence. Though wont be happy about having to take a day off work to attend court when they wont even turn up!

A|27 - I assume you got my email then... is that defence OK to send in as it is or do I need to reword it?

I'm at work at the moment, but I'll look at your email tonight.

Your counterclaim has to have a tangible sum really - you can't just make up a figure because you think you've had to spend some time dealing with them.

You can request costs at the end, but small claims is based around the concept of it being inexpensive to bring claims and for costs to be kept to a minimum to help the man on the street.

OK, yeh I agree... not going to counterclaim, just going to defend it and keep it simple.

Thanks again for all the help... Im definitely pleased I came across this site!!