• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Provident has got Credit Security Ltd coming to me door!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owe Provident [a doorstep loan company] £367.84p.

the loan was took out in october 2008.

the loan was for £250, but i'd have to pay back £420 over 52 weeks.

they took 16p off the debt in january 2009...i have no idea why.

the only payments i made were £45 in january 2009 and £7 in february 2009.

that's how the balance got to £367.84p.

this debt has been refered to several debt companies since april 2009.

they have been threatening court action since june 2009.

they have been threatening "doorstep collection" since october 2009.

i got a "doorstep collection notice" from Wescot on the 11th of december 2009. the letter said "instructions wll now be provided to our agent to make an appointment with you to carry out a visit at your home address". that was the last i heard from them. no one came to my house.

the next letter i got was from Credit Security Ltd on the 11th of january 2010. that was the usual threats of a debt collector or a CCJ registered against me.

i'm guessing a CCJ means if the court takes the debt collectors side?

another letter was from Credit Security Ltd came on the 19th of january. again the usual threats of legal action or sending a local collector to my house.

another letter from Credit Security Ltd came on the 25th of january.

i noticed this letter had the heading "RE: wescot credit services ltd - provident personal credit ltd" -> what does that mean? i'm getting very confused as to what debt collection company is actually dealing with this!

in this letter it said "we are now left with one course of action...referring your account for recovery by a doorstep agent...unless payment is made by the 31st of january".

then i heard nothing from anyone for just over 2 months...

...until on the 29th of march [at 3.40pm] a doorstep agent from Credit Security Ltd knocked on my door.:shock:

i didn't know who it was, so i ignored it. i always do that btw.

he went, but left a note.

it said he'd come round again on the 30th.

now i'm on edge because i don't know when he'll turn up or what i should do.

what times do these debt collector agents come between? i'm assuming they can't come round really early or really late?

am i right that they can't break down my door?

is he a bailiff that can take my property?

i live on income support, so i barely have enough for my regular bills...let alone debt collectors.

if i leave a note on my door or send a letter/email or phone them will they stop coming round my house?

will pretending to be someone else [or getting someone else] to say i don't live at this address make them stop coming round my house?

are they able to find out who lives at this address through the voting info' or things like council tax/mortgage stuff?

this is worrying me more than usual because i'm terrified they'll turn up at my door when my parents are at my house.

my parents usually come round on tuesday afternoons for an hour or two and also on friday mornings/lunchtimes.

but this week it's abit different...

my parents will come round on wednesday instead of tuesday...

first i've got Virgin Media coming some time on wednesday morning to fix my phone.

my parents will be at my house from late morning until mid-afternoon on wednesday. i'm not sure exactly, but around that time of day.

i can't change the time/day my parents come...i haven't even been able to phone them about my phone not working.:rolleyes:

i can't tell my parents about this debt...they wont understand and it will cause me even more problems...not to mention they can't afford to help me pay it away and my parents health will suffer.

so i need to make sure that the collector doesn't come round on wednesday...and of course not any other day in the future.

what should i do?

my depression and anxiety have been slightly better recently. not to mention my eating disorder has not been quite so bad and i haven't self-harmed for nearly 7 months!

but since the agent knocked on my door i haven't eaten, i've purged the 2 black coffees i drank, i haven't slept, i jump at every noise, i've cried and i badly want to self-harm!

the only stage left is suicidal thoughts, delusions and hallucinations...i know they'll come soon if i don't stop the agent coming round on wednesday.

please don't judge me or say i'm over-reacting. you can't understand a mental illness until you've had it.

i can't control my emotions and when i'm bad i can't control my actions either.

i can't deal with this stress.

please can someone help me.

what should i do?

how do i stop the agent coming round?

help!:?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have much time at the mo, got to go out or I'll be late. These DCA's and collectors have no rights at all so if they turn up either don't answer or tell them to bog off as you only deal with these matters in writing. Stop worrying, being in debt is not a crime. On benefits means everything is in your favour. Someone with more time will be along soon to give you some proper advice and no one on here will judge you, we've all be there and done it and usually for many times the amount you are being chased for. The worst that can happen is a court telling you to pay a pound at a time and so long as you pay it there nothing they can do. That is all a very long way away so don't panic there's lots of help on here. They cannot send bailiffs nor can they enter your house without your invite. They are all bluff.

Edited by twofoot

Morning geriann

As twofoot has already said . . no one on here will judge you as at some point we've been there

This link should open up the letter to send when threatened with a doorstep visit . .

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/591-dca-home-visit-if-you-receive-or-are-threatened-with-a-doorstep-visit-

Amend it to suit if need be and send it via email to CSL adding that you'll only deal with this in writing so they can call the Poodle off, if you have a printer also make a hard copy and should the guy come back don't open the door just pop it through the letter box

DCA's like to think they have more power than they really have which is diddlysquat ;)

You very honestly mention the way you feel but try to move on from those feelings and lets get into a more positive frame of mind, you will receive lots of support here and in it's own way that is just as important as the advice, realising you're not on your own is a great boost and besides you still have the future to look forward to even though that seems a long way off just now

Put the kettle on, have a coffee whilst you get busy with the email etc and then let us know how it goes

Good luck

Rx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Another useful thing to know, is Provident don't like having to go to court, as the few times they have the judge wasn't impressed with their crazy interest rates and deemed them unfair.

Instead Provident like to get the debt collectors to do the dirty work for them. But the debt collectors can't start any legal proceedings as they aren't the creditor/owners of the debt.

They like to send letter saying they're going to send someone round to visit as scare tactics, and it's unlikely they will. I've had about 60 letters in the last 3 years and I'm still waiting for one to turn up. :D

So send them the letter that Revenant has posted the link to above. Also send them the CCA request letter, as that will keep them off your back for a few weeks while they obtain a copy of the agreement. Also Provident agents sometimes mess up when it comes to the paperwork, so there may be a chance the debt is unenforceable anyway.

Whatever happens. No need to worry now. Half the battle is already won, as now you've found CAG you'll get tons of good advice and help to send the DCA's packing.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

As already said, these DCA's have delusions of grandeur when it comes to collecting money, they like people to be unaware of their rights, and they like to send out threatening letters in order to intimidate people into paying what they cannot reasonably afford.

If anyone turns up at your door requesting money, it is a very simple 'Leave my property or I will call the Police and have you arrested' then shut the door, if they fail to leave your property when asked to do so, or sit in a car watching your house, then ring the Police 999, and state that their is someone at your door wanting money from you, who will not get off your property and you believe their will be a breach of the peace.

It never normally comes to that, simply telling them to foxtrot oscar and shutting the door does the trick.

Besides, these people have absolutely zero Legal training or qualification to be going round to other peoples properties demanding money.

They have no more rights than i do, or your next door neighbour does, they certainly have no right to come inside your property, nor to discuss sensitive financial matters on the doorstep.

There are quite a few provident threads running on here, with most people in the same boat, so there will be oodles of advice, and there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Above all else, Loans ARE NOT a PRIORITY, your priority is rent, to keep a roof over your head, then council tax, utility bills, food then anything else can be put in order after that.

Pretty much the priorities are the stuff that can land in trouble with the courts, non payment of council tax, court fines etc.

Just because a DCA threatens everyone with fire and brimstone and going to court, the majority of them wouldn't dare act on their threat as they know they will be laughed at by the DJ.

It is fortunately under £750, the limit at which they can file for bankruptcy, so they can't threaten you with that.

Print one of those 'doorstep collectors' letters off keep it by your front door, these people are not bailiffs, nor do they have any rights to be on your property, good luck,

the fight back has begun, you'll be fine.

Boo;-)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thank you all sooo much for your advice and kind words.:D

i know i shouldn't have took out the loan in the first place, but at the time i was desparate and had no other option.

my fiance [who doesn't live with me] has told me that provident and debt collectors such as this are very unlikely to take me to court.

obviously no one has come to my door before, but he said if they do just ignore them.

i wanted to believe him, but i thought he might just be saying that to make me feel better.

when i'm in a delusional state...which i was when they started threatening doorstep collections...i was convinced that he was lying to me and that he didn't love me. i even staying in the woods for 6 days because i was convinced debt collectors and cameras were in and around my house watching my every move!:|

i appreciate everyones advice and support.

i'll def' send that letter an email them right now.

you've all made me feel so much better about my situation.

that means the world to me.:)

thank you all sooo much for your advice and kind words.:D

You're welcome

i know i shouldn't have took out the loan in the first place, but at the time i was desparate and had no other option.

We've all had our reasons

my fiance [who doesn't live with me] has told me that provident and debt collectors such as this are very unlikely to take me to court.

obviously no one has come to my door before, but he said if they do just ignore them.

i wanted to believe him, but i thought he might just be saying that to make me feel better.

when i'm in a delusional state...which i was when they started threatening doorstep collections...i was convinced that he was lying to me and that he didn't love me.

Just give him a big hug

i even staying in the woods for 6 days because i was convinced debt collectors and cameras were in and around my house watching my every move!:|

You're now banned from the woods unless it's for the Teddy Bears picnic and if that went on for 6 days that would be some gig

i appreciate everyones advice and support.

i'll def' send that letter an email them right now.

you've all made me feel so much better about my situation.

that means the world to me.:)

Go get 'em

Morning geriann

Glad you feel better about things and hope you now know that you can fight back as you have more power than the DCA's will admit too

Keep us up to date when you can

Rx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

i sent the letter by eail to them yesterda evening.

i've had no reply, but maybe that'll be later today?

i'm posting the letter this morning.

i still can't believe this will work, but i'll wait and see.:-)

geriann, please don't worry about doorsteppers, they aren't worth the effort.

I had someone doorstep me last night, thankfully my husband got to the door first otherwise, he would have been verbally abused and sent off with a flea in his ear. This "person" wanted me to sign a bit of paper, so he could give me some document, I think not!

Please don't worry, that's what they want you to do!!

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Have faith, these companies are only just beginning to realise we consumers are becoming wise to our rights and their sleazy tactics.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You are now starting the process of gaining the upper hand geriann

As you can see help/advice/support is never far away

DCA's hate it when we fight back as they like to think we're all daft and know nothing, we can prove otherwise ;):p

Rx

do you think they'll reply to my email? or reply by letter?

i sent the email yesterday evening when they were probably closed.

i just hope they see it and tell th agent before he comes knocking at my door again.

he seems to come round between 3-5pm...so far.

my parents will be here from about 1-3.??pm, then i'm going to thier house until thursday evening.

i'm just hoping he either doesn't come or after we've left the house...or before they get here.

i don't know what to say if he comes when my parents are there!:eek:

i suppose i could blame it on my ex-husband...he left my with alot of debts.

i live in an upstairs masonetter, so i could lock the downstairs-outer-door. that way he can't knock on my actual door.

he might leave a card, but he didn't the 2nd time he came round.:confused:

if he does leave a card hopefully my parents wont see it or i can get to it 1st.

if my dad say it he'd want to pay it straight away...if he had he money to.

but at least now i can say i've email and wrote to them about it

whichever way i'll be stressed while they're here, but least i only have to get through a couple of hours.

i showed the letter i was sending to my fiance and he said it's great.

he knows i get paranoid about people [inclung him] lying to me, so he's glad i found a site with helpful people who know what to do.

if he was here when the agent came he' would have sent him backing, but he can't be here 24/7.

i'll def' update you all.

you've all been so lovely.

i'm so thankful.:D

To be honest, whilst an email is a legally recognised form of communication, a hard copy of the letter is preferable, as there will be solid proof of them receivng it as they have to sign for it.

Although, when I sent a Letter Before Action (LBA) to a company who were ignoring me, I did so via email and the following day sent them a hard copy of the exact same email, low and behold they replied to the email, and settled the dispute before the deadline.

So it does work, with an email you will have strict proof that you sent the correspondence as it will be in your 'sent' or 'out' box, whereas a hard copy sent recorded delivery you will have strict proof that you sent it and that they have received it.

I wouldn't worry too much about him turning up whilst your parents are there, if he does just answer the door, hand him the doorstep letter and close it again.

• 2 weeks later...

i sent the email on the 30th of march.

i sent the letter [by 1st class] on the 1st of april.

i was exactly the letter from the link Revenant gave me.

i heard nothing until the 10th of april when i received a letter from credit security ltd.

*the letter was dated the 7th of april*

here's what the letter said...

we write in reply to your email dated 30th march 2010 and we are suprised to note your comments.

although you state that you will only communicate with us in writing, we have written to you on numerous occassions without the courtesy of a reply since your account was transfered to this office for collection in january 2010.

it is noted that you have made no reference whatsoever to your account in your email and unless we receive a responsible approach to resolving this matter, will recommend to our client that they commence county court proceedings for recovery.

we enclose a current information form for completion and return and look forward to receiving a payment and repayment proposal within 7 days.

yours sincerely,

r. williams

credit security ltd

i forgot to mention the balance of this debt is £367.84p.

the letter is in blue and my thoughts are in black...and smilies.

we write in reply to your email dated 30th march 2010 and we are suprised to note your comments.

this letter was dated the 7th of april, but they didn't mentioned the letter i sent them [saying the same thing] on the 1st of april by 1st class mail.

although you state that you will only communicate with us in writing, we have written to you on numerous occassions without the courtesy of a reply since your account was transfered to this office for collection in january 2010.

yes they have sent me 3 letter. dated the 7th, 15th and 21st of january. as you'll see in my first post on this thread i got them on the 11th, 19th and 25th of january.

i know i should have contacted them sooner, but i was scared and didn't know what to do.

i was also worried if i made a payment agreement to an amount i couldn't afford [which i know they'd pressure me into agreeing too] that i wouldn't be able to keep up the payments and be in even more trouble.

i know it was stupid but i hoped they'd believe i didn't live at this house anymore.:-|

then i didn't hear from them for 2 months [when the agent came to my door], so i hoped they'd given up and stopped thier empty threats.

it is noted that you have made no reference whatsoever to your account in your email and unless we receive a responsible approach to resolving this matter, will recommend to our client that they commence county court proceedings for recovery.

"no reference of my account" in my email...what?

i emailed them through thier website.

here's the form i filled in:

Credit Security Ltd

as you can see there's a box to put your account number in. which i def' filled in!

also on the letter template i used there's...Account Ref xxxx...which is where i put my account number in.

i know i did this for the email and letter.

not to menton i kept a copy of the letter/email on my computer and a paper copy in my file.

what are they talking about?:-?

the way he writes "unless we receive a responsible approach" makes me feel like a child being told off.:-x

i know i've not always done the right thing, but saying this when i know i did put my account number seems unfair.

not to mention it obviously didn't matter because thy know it's me!

is this just a way of ignoring me ad going ahead with proceedings?

we enclose a current information form for completion and return and look forward to receiving a payment and repayment proposal within 7 days.

the letter was dated the 7th of april, so does this mean i'm meant to get the form back to them by the 14th?

i'm already too late.:-|

or does it mean get the letter back within 7 days of me receiving the letter?

which would be the 17th.

yours sincerely,

r. williams

credit security ltd

Well they can't bankrupt you for a debt that small, court will cost them a few hundred quid and a solicitor for at least a thousand.

Are you able to pay it back?

Are there any charges added to the account?

What interest rate are you paying?

Sorry i have'nt read your whole thread as i am just finishing work.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

the letter was dated the 7th of april, so does this mean i'm meant to get the form back to them by the 14th?

i'm already too late.:-|

or does it mean get the letter back within 7 days of me receiving the letter?

which would be the 17th.

now about the form they want me to fill in.

i could try and scan it into my computer and somehow post the pic' on here, but i thought i could just list it's questions instead.

so here's the form questions...

marital status? divorced

residentual status? owner [i'm actually join owner with my ex-hubby whos' vanished]

telephone number/s? which they have

mortgage balance outstanding? i can only get the exact balance is i contact the bank and give them a reason why i need it.:rolleyes:

estimated house value? i don't have a clue what it is. do i have to have an estate agent come out for that? it seems a waste of thier time!

employment details?i don't know if i should put diasabled or unemployed or other? i've been signed unfit to work since october 2006. i've been on income support [the disability rate] and council tax benefit since december 2006. i'm not usually classed as disabled because i don't get DLA [they turned me down] and i have not physical disabilities.

monthly income? 4 weeks of my income support is £367.20p, should i put that? or should i work out what i would get in 30 or 31 days and put that?

mortgage?

council tax? none [i get council tax benefit]

gas?

electricity?

water?

telephone? do i include my broadband with that? the bill is altogether.

tv licence?

housekeeping? is that groceries?

travel expenses? none. i have a free bus pass because of mental illness.

other outgoings? i'll have to look in my filesto see if there's anyhtin else i should add here.

total monthly outgoings? should i work this out to 31 days? 30 days?

any other outstanding debts and court orders? i have a few other similar debts, but none are being paid atm.:oops:

if you look back on my profile to my first post you'll see i listed my debts.

do you put the company they were originally with...like provident? or the debt debt collector agency they're with?

i enclose full payment of £367.84p i wish i had it!:Cry:

or

i enclose a payment of £ ad i promise to make furthur payments of £ per week / per month. do i have to make an offer on this form? what amount would you suggest is the least they'll agree to?

i'll fill in my outgoing payments section later today so you can see what money i do/don't have to spare.

how do i actually make a payment anyway? i don't have any credit or debit cards. i don't have a cheque book.

so i guess it's a postal order [which you pay a charge for:mad:] or get them to send me giros and hope they're free to do. a

any thoughts?

i declare that the above information is true to the best of my knowledge andconfirm that if my finanical circumstances change in any way i will contact you immediately with full details.

signed

if unemployed or receiving benefits, please provide documentary evidence. will the most recent letter from the social be ok? it's dated the 28th of january 2010 and says the rate of income support i get.

do i need to send evidence from council tax benefit? from my doctor?

will photocopies of this stuff be ok? or shuld i send the actual letters?

anything else i should know or do?

sorry for so many questions.

i just want to make sure i'm doing everything right.

Morning geriann

Glad you're having a go at fighting back ;)

You do not have to fill that form in as they have no right to your personal income/expenditure only a Court can request that

DCA's love to intimidate/threaten and belittle people so it really ruffles thier feathers when they get given a taste of thier own medicine :)

More advice will surely follow but stick at it

R

• Haha 1

Morning geriann.

Have you sent them a CCA request yet? I had a problem with Provident (for a Vaquis Credit Card), sent them a CCA request and haven't heard from them since - that was 2 years ago...not saying it will work that way for you, but it might.

Can I assume that you are perfectly willing to pay the debt, but are not in a position to at the moment?

Can you afford to make any payments? Even as low as £10 a month?

Don't send it to them (as others have said they have no right to it, only a court can demand your personal income/outgoings), but work out for youself what you have coming in, what you have going out and what you could realistically afford to pay them.

If you are willing to pay the debt, then make them an offer, in writing (recorded post so you have a record) of however much you can afford a month for however long it would take to pay off the debt. Don't worry if this is a small amount, if it ever went to court then no court in the land would force you to pay more than you can afford to. If they don't accept your offer, this works in your favour as if they then proceed with court action, the judge may look at it and see that you have made them a reasonable offer which they have rejected and that would really harm their case.

If you feel like these bully-boys don't deserve to get a penny out of you (and I don't think there's anyone on here who would disagree with that sentiment and we certainly wouldn't judge you for it) then that may be a possibility...I'm sure someone will be along shortly to advise you.

Finally I just want to say that whilst I have never suffered from mental illness myself, a good friend of mine suffered from manic depression so I do have an idea of how if effects you. You are not alone, you have done nothing wrong and you have a whole community of people here to help you.

I end with one very simple, but very important piece of advice - do not, I repeat do not invite a DCA into your home...

• Haha 1

now about the form they want me to fill in.

This is exactly how to fill it in:D

marital status? I'm a eunuch.

residential status? Depends on which Country I'm living in at the time, but I own all of my houses, apartments and mansions my self.

telephone number/s? Semaphore or Morse code only.

mortgage balance outstanding? Nowt since I won the Euro Millions.

estimated house value? Which house? the 7 in England the two in France, Spain, and there's the others I have and rent out in America, Canada, Australia, Germany

employment details? Don't need to work anymore since the Lotto win!!

monthly income? Off the winnings alone, well these run into hundreds of thousands, I'll get my financial department to send you the figures, or you could just look me up in the Worlds 100 richest people.

mortgage? Nil

council tax? Nil

gas? Nil

electricity? Nil

water? Nil

telephone? Nil

tv licence? Nil

housekeeping? £25,000

travel expenses? The private jet does cost a bit, as does the Helicopter, well the Pilots aren't cheap!

other outgoings? Manicure, Pedicure, hair do's, Spa weekends, Facials, servicing all the cars, silver service waiters bills, etc etc

total monthly outgoings? Must be circa £250,000?

any other outstanding debts and court orders? What are you implying?

i enclose full payment of £367.84p Ooh! Fancy yourself as a bit of a comedian do we?

or

i enclose a payment of £ ad i promise to make further payments of £ per week / per month. How very Audacious of you, expecting me to just pay up my hard won money to some scrounger who thinks that by threatening and intimidating vulnerable people they will not ask questions!

i declare that the above information is true to the best of my knowledge and confirm that if my financial circumstances change in any way i will contact you immediately with full details.

signed

if unemployed or receiving benefits, please provide documentary evidence.

Wow, you really are having delusions of grandeur aren't you! Is this your first job after you got sacked flipping burgers?

It is highly likely that you are still learning the alphabet, and have only just learnt you 2 times table, so to overload your little tiny mind with adult information could be deemed as child abuse, so forgive me for not supplying you with any information you wrongly believe you are entitled to see. I look forward to receiving more of your outlandish requests for payment and the deforestation you like to send out threatening people with.

P.S. I trust my position is clear, and I will not entertain into a protracted game of letter tennis with your amusing staff.

BAZOOKA BOO

that's a brilliant way to fill in that form!:lol:

COLDUPNORTH

i've never even heard of a CCA request!:confused:

is it a letter? if yes, i assume there's a template letter of this somewhere on this site?

i'll def' work out how much i can afford to pay them.

TO EVERYONE

thank God for the wonderful people on here that are helping me.

if it weren't for you guys i wouldn't even know that a DCA can't ask for my personal income/expenditure!

btw i'm guessing it's better to send letters rather than emails to credit security ltd?

wethr i send an email or letter i'd keep a copy of it for myself anyway.

it's just that emails are "free", but letters mean i'll have to keep buying stamps. :-| they recently put up te price of stamps again.

BAZOOKA BOO

that's a brilliant way to fill in that form!:lol:

COLDUPNORTH

i've never even heard of a CCA request!:confused:

is it a letter? if yes, i assume there's a template letter of this somewhere on this site?

i'll def' work out how much i can afford to pay them.

TO EVERYONE

thank God for the wonderful people on here that are helping me.

if it weren't for you guys i wouldn't even know that a DCA can't ask for my personal income/expenditure!

btw i'm guessing it's better to send letters rather than emails to credit security ltd?

wethr i send an email or letter i'd keep a copy of it for myself anyway.

it's just that emails are "free", but letters mean i'll have to keep buying stamps. :-| they recently put up te price of stamps again.

A CCA request is a request for a true copy of the original credit agreement. If you send one (and yes there will be a template on here somewhere, I have to go out soon but if noone else has posted a link when I get back then I'll find it for you) they are legally required to fulfill that request within a set timescale. If they don't, not only can they no longer enforce the debt, but they are actually acting unlawfully.

And yes, I personally would recommend only using the post to communicate with them, and (if you're not happy about the cost of stamps) you're not going to like this...I would send all letters from now on registered post, so that you have proof that they have received them.

• 1 month later...

on the 27th of may i received a letter from Moorcoft debt recovery ltd [dated 25th of may] about my Provident debt.

as you will see from this thead the debt was with wescot the last time i got a letter.:rolleyes:

the letter said...

we have been instructed by provoident personal credit to collect your overdue debt of £367.84.

it is our legal requirement to send a notice of intended litigation before legal proeedings.

to prevent our recommending to our client that solicitors commence legal proceedings, it is essential that you settle this debt without delay.

payment shoud be submitted in full within 7 days or contact made with this office immediately with a payment offer.

both our client and we do not wish to take this acion but if agreement cannot be reached by 1/6/10, a claim may be issued by our client's solicitors without furthur notice.

if judgement and an order for repayment in full is obtained and remains unpaid, the following enforcement optins are available:

1. warrant of execution by bailiffs.

2. application for attachment of earnings order with your present or future employer.

3. application for a charging order on any property you may own or are purchasing under a mortgage.