When i claim my costs - Help needed

paulminize
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i am sending of Prelims today to some of the banks, my question is this, i know when i get to the court stage i can claim back reasonable costs - i seen a post somewhere explaining exactly what i could claim, aslo the rates.

I was just wondering is this written anywhere officially, the reason is, i am warning them in my prelim that i will be charging for letters etc, and including the costs with the prelim so thay can see they are fair and they have been prewarned.

I am including a paragraph to the effects that if they comply fully within 14 days as a gesture of good will, i will waive current recovery costs, however should the debt still be outstanding, and require any further communication from myself, these cost would be recoverable under >>>>> ........Section? Law ?

Please help

Me

HSBC: DPASAR 08/08 - Standard Reply XX/08 - First statments 21/08

Capital One: DPASAR 08/08 - Standard Reply XX/08 - First Statements XX/08

MBNA: DPASAR 08/08 - Standard Reply XX/08 - First Statements XX/08

G.E Money (BurtonCard): DPASAR 09/08 - No Reply

Citi Bank: DPASAR 08/08 - Requested more personal info 10/08 - Sent 10/08

RBoS: DPASAR 07/08 - Standard Reply XX/08

HSBC (Credit Card): DPASAR XX/08

Partner

Argos: DPASAR 10/08 - Screen Prints XX/08 - Prelim 17/08

New Look: DPASAR 09/08 - No Reply

Abbey Nat: DPASAR 10/08 - Requested more personal info - Sent XX/08

Mom

Barclay Card: DPASAR 17/08 -

Capital One: DPASAR 18/08 -

L.P.F: DPASAR 18/08 -

Lloyds TSB: DPASAR 17/08 -

Monument: DPASAR 17/08 -

Sainsbury's Credit Card: DPASAR 17/08 -

Partners Mom

Studio: Prelim

Allders: Prelim

Partners Sis

NatWest: DPASAR 22/08

You can claim interest for the period that the bank has had your money. This is at the Court rate, 8%, or the contract rate, which is whatever rate relates to the contract you had with your bank. Basically, it's the rate they charge you for borrowing from them or having an unauthorised overdraft, for instance.

You also need to make sure that you claim back any interest thay have had off you if you have been overdrawn due to their unlawful charges. For instance, if you had a £0.00 balance and a charge of £25 has gone out then you will be £25 overdrawn This is an amount that they will be charging interest on so you need to claim that back as well.

The scheme of things is basically to add up the charges, work out any interest you have been charged due to the charges and add that on, then add on interest to compensate for the fact that you have been without the use of your money for however long it has been.

I think it's a good gesture to say that you wont apply the actual recovery costs if they settle quickly. If it gets as far as Court then it goes to show that you have been reasonable and were eager to settle the matter quickly with the minium of fuss and expense.

You could also point out that you have a very solid case (no one has ever lost and no bank has even defended the penalty charges in Court) and procrastinating and incuring extra costs over something they are almost certainly going to loose may mean that they are failing in their duty of care to use their shareholders money sensibly and to operate the company in a lawful manner.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

Hi thanks for the reply, however i understand all of the interest thing, it was just the bit about other costs, i know they are reclaimable at court but where, who says this. I just want the letter to read right and factual.

Paul

Me

HSBC: DPASAR 08/08 - Standard Reply XX/08 - First statments 21/08

Capital One: DPASAR 08/08 - Standard Reply XX/08 - First Statements XX/08

MBNA: DPASAR 08/08 - Standard Reply XX/08 - First Statements XX/08

G.E Money (BurtonCard): DPASAR 09/08 - No Reply

Citi Bank: DPASAR 08/08 - Requested more personal info 10/08 - Sent 10/08

RBoS: DPASAR 07/08 - Standard Reply XX/08

HSBC (Credit Card): DPASAR XX/08

Partner

Argos: DPASAR 10/08 - Screen Prints XX/08 - Prelim 17/08

New Look: DPASAR 09/08 - No Reply

Abbey Nat: DPASAR 10/08 - Requested more personal info - Sent XX/08

Mom

Barclay Card: DPASAR 17/08 -

Capital One: DPASAR 18/08 -

L.P.F: DPASAR 18/08 -

Lloyds TSB: DPASAR 17/08 -

Monument: DPASAR 17/08 -

Sainsbury's Credit Card: DPASAR 17/08 -

Partners Mom

Studio: Prelim

Allders: Prelim

Partners Sis

NatWest: DPASAR 22/08

I'm not sure what the actual legislation would be, or if there is any - it could all just be common law - but the principle of going to Court is to put you in the situation you would have been in had your money hot have been unlawfully taken from you. As far as is possible anyway.

You can claim for your letters and time because you are only needing to go to these lengths because of the banks unlawful actions. The small claims Court is reasonably informal and you won't need to quote chapter and verse at the judge when setting out your losses because he will know it anyway and, as long as what you are asking for is reasonable and represents actual loss to you, then I can't see there being a problem.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!