NIP for 36mph in a 30mph limit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am looking for some help on the above Notice of Intended Prosectution I received for an alleged speeding offence. The Notice of Issue Date is 15/3/2010 and it was from West Mercia Police. The Notice states I was doing 36mph in a 30mph limit.

Can anyone help with ways out?

Stewart

Were you or was someone you know driving your car in the West Mercia Area on the 15th of March this year?

If the answer to the above is yes, were they exceeding the speed limit?

If the answer to the above is yes, then your only hope is to wash and post the ticket and see if anyone can spot a loophole.

Mossy

Mossycat - it was a friend of mine. All I know is he has received a speeding ticket by post saying he was doing 36mph in a 30mph limit.

Should I request any supporting documents such as the photograph, the calibration certificate, training certificate etc etc, and post them too?

What is the full list of documents I should ask for which may have a legal technicality issue which I could use to challange the Notice?

Does anyone on here have any experience that the legal technicality approach is valid and can prove fruitful?

Mossycat - it was a friend of mine. All I know is he has received a speeding ticket by post saying he was doing 36mph in a 30mph limit.

Should I request any supporting documents such as the photograph, the calibration certificate, training certificate etc etc, and post them too?

What is the full list of documents I should ask for which may have a legal technicality issue which I could use to challange the Notice?

Does anyone on here have any experience that the legal technicality approach is valid and can prove fruitful?

Your friend should join the Pepipoo forums, complete the NIP wizard, and post the output to his thread together with any photos they've sent. Members there can then advise if there's anything wrong with the NIP, or any obvious flaw in the photos.

As far as calibration certs, training docs etc are concerned, he can only get copies of those if he declines the fixed penalty, receives a court summons and pleads not guilty. Best to make sure he has a viable defence before embarking on that potentially expensive route.

Your friend should join the Pepipoo forums, complete the NIP wizard, and post the output to his thread together with any photos they've sent. Members there can then advise if there's anything wrong with the NIP, or any obvious flaw in the photos.

We can do that here...

Yes you can request the images as it was no doubt a speed camera which 'clocked' him. As mentioned earlier, when your friend gets them wash any personal details from the fixed penalty notice and post them here so we can take a look.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.