HSBC PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm going through the process of a PPI claim with HSBC on a loan taken out in Jan 2001 (approx 15 days after my 18th birthday).

I was sold a PPI policy on top and one of the exclusions was that it would not pay out in the event of war.

I will post up the docs in a bit so you can see the exact wording... but my employment at the time was the Armed Forces.

I'm hoping it is a valid reason to claim... I basically received (after a very long time) a package from the forces which contained a lot of my old paperwork that was held in storage. Within the pack was a loan I took out in 2001. I assume the Limitations Act doesn't apply in this case?

same as my claim, but I didn't even get the 2nd and 3rd page which you have!

HSBC - Pre Lim sent 12-12-06, LBA sent 27-12-06, reissued 5-1-07. Part offer rejected 17-1-07, MCOL 19-1-07, AQ - 21-2-07. Settled

Nationwide - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Pre lim sent 5-1-07, LBA sent 19-1-07, MCOL 2-2-07, WON 22-2-07.

Capital One - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Pre lim sent 17-1-07, LBA sent. Settled

MBNA - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Offer rejected 19-1-07, Pre Lim 19-1-07, LBA sent, Setteled 21-2-07.

MBNA Loan PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, Settled.

MBNA CC PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, WON 2-7-10.

HSBC PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, with Court

EGG PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, FOS upheld 3-7-10

same as my claim, but I didn't even get the 2nd and 3rd page which you have!

I don't think they'll be able to wriggle out of the mis-selling to be honest; it clearly says that the benefits will not be paid out in the event of war etc... such an ambiguous statement to make for serving armed forces personnel.