• Tweets

• good idea take some pix and put them in a PDF read UPLOAD dx
    • thread title updated moved to overseas debt forum. sadly as they are outside any UK jurisdiction upon DCA rules which state in the UK they must not call employers, there not alot you can do to stop these scammers. make sure you totally make private ALL social media twitter/facebook/linked in etc etc as there no-way for them to findout where you work otherwise so you must have a leak somewhere. find it. your employer details arent even legally available to UK DCA's so how have they found it out to date???  simply write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address ALWAYS!!. if you want to arrange payment or not TO THE BANK ONLY thats upto you. never ever ignore a Statutory Demand a Letter Of Claim a Court Claimform. if if if any of those ever happen. till then ignore and rewash. dx    
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
    • Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called. I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job. However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still haven't sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • The clock is ticking for savings providers. They now have just a few weeks left to get their act together and start offering loyal customers a good deal.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Halifax Taking Me To Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, you have enough on with this one!!

sorry.

Its Howard Cohen

Notice of assignment (heading)

No pre-action protcol I have 14 days (23rdApril) to respond to the Court claim that has already been issued this was on the 9th of April

Sxxt eads

again to all I apologise for my language :sad:

OK, give me the whole nine yards on it.

Roger

Kind Regards

The Mould

PS. I am missing the midnight club already, never mind, I think it will be open for business on Friday Night.

Well its a store card

I SAR'd same time, no cca just application form (I got this off a kind young man who I spoke to on the phone, he just sent it out for me) but because this is in my maiden name they refused to send anything else, cashed the blxxdy £10 though!!

Anyhuw I sent a letter and copy of mariage cert, ( they already had one just never did anything with it) and this was just ignored completely so I didnt pay a bean. It got passed to Viking, again I ignored, today got this letter, it really is appauling!! I have been reading up and this is standard practise, so there it is ta dah :rolleyes: Actually its not, the court papers normally arrive before the notice of assignment! what a joke!

Rabbit casserole, errrrgh

roger :p

Midnight, whos said midnight, I didnt mention midnight, did you mention midnight, no I can say I did, and its midnight did you say!! OMG Honestly I swear it chubbs I never did not ever told and say anything mushroom, bucket clubs!!

Oh dear I think I need elp......................E LLLL UUUU P!

Edited by wish me well

Every day I used to stress over the post.

Now I just kind of look forward to the next one.

Some of them are so pathetic it brings a smile:D

One my wife received recently recently went along the lines of you have enjoyed the benefits of goods etc etc

Well they get a percentage anyway and have enjoyed mega payments for interest!

Another one from Robinsonway (I Think) said there had been unauthorised transactions on an account and to phone them immediately!

Just how dumb do they think people are! Don't answer that as we are or have been dumb by getting into these agreements(?) in the first place.

Never again:mad:

Edited by CBR600F
Seplilng

Hindsight is wonderful......

But now knowledge and advice are life savers:D

Well its a store card

I SAR'd same time, no cca just application form (I got this off a kind young man who I spoke to on the phone, he just sent it out for me) but because this is in my maiden name they refused to send anything else, cashed the blxxdy £10 though!!

Anyhuw I sent a letter and copy of mariage cert, ( they already had one just never did anything with it) and this was just ignored completely so I didnt pay a bean. It got passed to Viking, again I ignored, today got this letter, it really is appauling!! I have been reading up and this is standard practise, so there it is ta dah :rolleyes: Actually its not, the court papers normally arrive before the notice of assignment! what a joke!

Rabbit casserole, errrrgh

roger :p

Midnight, whos said midnight, I didnt mention midnight, did you mention midnight, no I can say I did, and its midnight did you say!! OMG Honestly I swear it chubbs I never did not ever told and say anything mushroom, bucket clubs!!

Oh dear I think I need elp......................E LLLL UUUU P!

OK, first thing I need to know, did you sign for this letter, the notice of assignment, this is important.

Come back, roger

Kind Regards

The Mould

me sign nothin!!

It a notice of assignment AND a letter before action ALL IN ONE doesnt a notice of assignment need to be signed by the original creditor and the newbie takin over? I read something bout that, but I may be wrong.

The envelope isnt marked PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL trival but I thought it needed to be ?

Its not from the newbie firm which is CL Finance Ltd but from the solicitors acting for them, Howard Cohen

The court papers will prob arrive tomorrow, thats 5 days from date issued!! amazing. arrrrrgh arrrrrgh harrr dii harrr ha

I'm back, roger.....ccrsssssssh

Another thing, what about a default notice, and what about that agreement, is there one or not?

Right,

Assigning a debt or benefit of Contract?

It is important to first provide the debtor with a notice of the assignment!

In principle, the benefit of a contract can be legally assigned without consent, provided there is no express prohibition on asignment or, for example, a requirement that consent is obtained.

Where there is no restriction on assignment, the usual way of assigning the benefit of Contractual Rights is by statutory assignment. The assignment must be in writing, signed by the assignor, absolute (not purporting to be by way of charge only) and notice in writing must be given to the other contracting party (Sec 136, Law of Property Act 1925)

OK, come back to me, roger

Kind Regards

The Mould

Another thing, what about a default notice, and what about that agreement, is there one or not?

YES THAT RIGHT NO AGREEMENT, JUST AN APPLICATION FORM, NO FINANCIAL INFO, 3 HEADING TERMS N CONDITIONS. NARDA AND DEFAULT NOTICE FULL TO BURSTING WITH CHARGES, I THINK THE WHOLE BAL IS CHARGES!!

Right,

Assigning a debt or benefit of Contract?

It is important to first provide the debtor with a notice of the assignment!

THIS LETTER STATES THAT WHAT IT IS, OH ITS ALSO THE LETTER BEFORE ACTION, OH WAIT NO ITS NOT, THEY HAVE ALREADY STARTED COURT PROCEEDINGS:eek:

In principle, the benefit of a contract can be legally assigned without consent, provided there is no express prohibition on asignment or, for example, a requirement that consent is obtained.

Where there is no restriction on assignment, the usual way of assigning the benefit of Contractual Rights is by statutory assignment. The assignment must be in writing, signed by the assignor, absolute (not purporting to be by way of charge only) and notice in writing must be given to the other contracting party (Sec 136, Law of Property Act 1925)

OK, come back to me, roger

Kind Regards

The Mould

Oh my goodness, its a mongoose army on the attack..... CHARGE

roger, come back roger,

Whats the deal with the 3rd parties act. cant remember what its proper name is, Doesnt it say something about nobody but the original creditor and the debtor can enforce any part of an agreement?

I may just be way to tired and sprouting, (oh ere we go) I mean spouting rubbish, but just thought I would ask

How you doin

jimmy

Oh my goodness, its a mongoose army on the attack..... CHARGE

roger, come back roger,

OK, Godzilla needed on this one.

Right, no agreement, no judgment, a court cannot give an order to pay for a debt if it cannot be proved by the claimant that a 'Live' contract is in legal existence.

Default notice, is it valid or not? Does it comply with the prescribed requirements of legislation contained in the CCA 1974 ACT?

Try and order those credit files.

You did not sign for this paperwork, that's good.

OK, boy oh boy, any more skeletons due for regeneration, are you that wizard from Jason and the argonoughts?

Blimey govnor, soon I will need to come off-line and finish that defence and post it up before morning, but that's alright for now, OK, you are going to defend this new one aswell, so like before we will need to go through every single detail of it, when the court papers arrive, just acknowledge and say your are going to defend the entire claim.

Come back to me, roger.

Kind Regards

The Mould

OK, Godzilla needed on this one.

Right, no agreement, no judgment, a court cannot give an order to pay for a debt if it cannot be proved by the claimant that a 'Live' contract is in legal existence.

Default notice, is it valid or not? Does it comply with the prescribed requirements of legislation contained in the CCA 1974 ACT?

Try and order those credit files.

You did not sign for this paperwork, that's good.

OK, boy oh boy, any more skeletons due for regeneration, are you that wizard from Jason and the argonoughts?

Blimey govnor, soon I will need to come off-line and finish that defence and post it up before morning, but that's alright for now, OK, you are going to defend this new one aswell, so like before we will need to go through every single detail of it, when the court papers arrive, just acknowledge and say your are going to defend the entire claim.

Come back to me, roger.

Kind Regards

The Mould

eye eye captain,

I need to find all the paperwork out for this one, which I will be on to tomorrow morning!

I think the default is ok, but I would need to check it again, its been a while since I saw it and may have missed something, now I have more knowledge and help ;)

Yup theres skeletons, lots of skeletons, I'd better get all my stuff together and ready!! Oh no, way now! ( i mean way now) or for god sake (i mean why now!!!!) and I mean oh!!

Do I need to walk the plank, are you considering jumping ship :eek: terrible!

DOUGH

Jeeese, I am getting cold turkey symptons, I think I have become addicted to the midnight club.

I love you Homes, and you called me a fat old boy, don't you know how much that hurt me Homes, all these years Homes, oh how I desparately wanted to hold your hand during our long walks across the moors, you know Homes, when we were investigating those Hounds at barrymore Hall.

Are you going to say something Homes?

Yes Watson, I am going to say something, ' Drive on perkings, and don't spur the horses'.

Roger.

Kind Regards

The Mould

eye eye captain,

I need to find all the paperwork out for this one, which I will be on to tomorrow morning!

I think the default is ok, but I would need to check it again, its been a while since I saw it and may have missed something, now I have more knowledge and help ;)

Yup theres skeletons, lots of skeletons, I'd better get all my stuff together and ready!! Oh no, way now! ( i mean way now) or for god sake (i mean why now!!!!) and I mean oh!!

Do I need to walk the plank, are you considering jumping ship :eek: terrible!

DOUGH

Jumping ship, absolutely not, I have every faith in this ship, I don't know if I have Told you or not, but this ship has already sunk 7 corporate battleships on these waters and I am not ready to moor her up yet, when her pupose is fulfilled then she can rest and at that time, I too will be resting as I will have of fulfilled my purpose.

YO HO HO, and a bottle of rum, shiver me timbers ye harties, make ready them thar sails, all hands on deck hold yourselves as we go into another battle against those pirates, and like before my brave men, I forbid you from taking any prisoners, sink them all, we will not return to port until the job is done.

Roger.

Kind Regards

Captain Mould

Spiffingly good show Jeeves

I agree Sir

Would sir like a nice cup of coco to finish

Finish what, Jeeves?

Well Sir, it has come to my attention that you maybe have.

Have what Jeeves, for god sake man, tell me what I have finished!

With the greatest respect sir, and this is only an observation, I believe you have.

Right, this has gone on long enough Jeeves, I wont ask again, exactly what does it appear, have I finished?

With the greatest respect again sir, I have to inform you, you have finished your business with Rodger :eek: Now shall I put the equipment away?

Silly silly

Edited by wish me well

Right I need to sleep. I know, i'm a lightweight!!

You surely must need to get some zzzzz

As long as I post monday by special delivery I should be fine, I think. I also think I may need to start another thread about howard cohan so no one gets confused which one is being refered to in any one post.

Again thats a job for the morn, oh wait, it is the morn :eek:

I bid thee all fairwell

Goodnight everyone I'll be back later on :D

wish me well....over and out

roger!

OOOOHHH, Miami vice is on, I really like that movie.

OK, wish me well,

Lets get the Halifax sorted out first, we can then send that off, with a bang of course.

Soon then, I will need to retire to the kitchen table and get that first bit done, I can watch miami vice while I do that, book em danno, oh no, that's hawhiy fivey ohey, da da da da da deh, da dad da da da da dar, dar da da da dar de dar daer dar, da da da da darrrrrrrrrrr.

Listen up people, quiet at the back, Mr Sibs the Chief Exec has got something important to say, go ahead sir.....

Mr sibs-Go ahead, what do you mean? here infront of you? Yes indeed what a lovely day it is outside, right this won't take long, then you can all get on with whatever it is that you do here. Last night I was reading a really good book, I have got 7 cats or is it 6, let me think, er 1 er 2 urm 3 erm 3, erm um er 3.......that wasn't too bad was it? I didn't do it, no no, that milkman of ours he only left 2 pints this morning, last year was a nice time, yes you did, he doesn't know that, so about my car, blue and shiny,Did any of you watch father ted last night? My favorite colour is green and my bestest hobby is skateboarding, How about a party, shall we have jelly and ice cream, musical chairs that would be nice, can I go now, why are you all staring at me? What have I done, nothing is what, ha ha and I get paid for that, so there, I'm telling my mummy on you.

Manager-Sir, I don't mean to interupt you.........

Mr Sibs-Don't then, your fired, ha ha, you thought you could, eeeee, eeeee, I'm the king of the castle your the dirty rascal.

Yes Ok, alright, alright, don't panic, here's the speech..........

The grand old duke of york, well, he had ten thousand men, and when they were they, they were and when they weren't, they weren't.

Thank you for that, right someone get me a snake bite, make that 3 snake bites.

Kind Regards

The Mould

OK, wish me well,

You go and get some rest, so if you are posting the defence and counter-claim on Monday, what would you say If I said, can I do it tommorrow night, would that be alright with you.

Come back and let me know please, roger.

Kind Regards

The Mould

Wish me well,

What if I do it tommorrow night, would you be OK with that?

I am really tired, but that is not an excuse, I don't know if I can get any rest or not anyway because of the way things are here, but I don't want you to think that I am leaving you in the you know what.

Come back and let me know, roger.

Kind Regards

The Mould

Hello wish me well, good morning.

Here it is, the defence.

Northampton county court.

Claim number xxxxxxx

Between

xxxxxxxx - Claimant

and

xxxxxxxx - Defendant

Defence

1. I xxxxxxx of xxxxxxx am the defendant in this action and make the following statement as my defence to the claim made by xxxxxxx..

2. Except where explicitly stated in this response/defence the defendant niether admits nor denies any of the allegations made by the claimant in this action.

3. The defendant accepts no responsibility or liability for the full sum amount sought in this action by the claimant.

4. The defendant is slightly, somewhat confused in pleading to the particulars of claim as it stands at present, inter alia:-

5. The claimant's particulars of claim disclose no legal cause of action and they are indeed confusing to the defendant, as the claimant's statement of case are insufficiently particularised and does not comply or even attempt to comply with CPR part 16. In this regard the defendant respectfully wishes to draw the court's attention to the following relevant matters;

a) The particulars of claim are vague and insufficient and do not disclose an adequate statement of any facts relating to or proceeding the alledged cause of action. No particulars are offered in relation to the nature of the alledged written agreement refered to, the method the claimant calculated any alledged outstanding sums due or any other relevant matters that may or may not be necessary to substantiate the claimant's claim.

b) A copy of the alledged live written agreement that the claimant makes reference to in the particulars of claim, and which seems to be the entire foundation to which these proceedings have been brought upon, has not been served attatched to the claim form.

c) A copy of any evidence of both the scope and nature of any alledged default, and proof of any amount outstanding on the alledged account, has not been served attatched to the claim form.

(Wish me well, note I have left out the part refering to any termination notice under sec 76 or sec 98 of the CCA 1974, because the implication there is that the account/agreement is still live)

d) A valid default notice served under section 87(1) of the CCA 1974 Act, on the alledged account/agreement has not been served attatched to the claim form.

6. As the defendant in this action I assert that at no time during my relationship with the claimant under what was the original credit agreement/contract before the time of these proceedings commencing, did I default on that said agreement, and as such, the defendant puts the claimant to strict proof that a valid default notice was issued by the claimant and at a time when the claimant had an equitable right to issue/serve such a statutory legal document.

a) The prescribed format for issuing/serving the said statutory legal notice is laid out/down in the Consumer Credit (Enforcement,Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) and amendment regulations to the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) (Amendment) Regulations 2004 (SI 2004/3237);

Service of a default notice is a statutory requirement as laid out in sections 87,88 and 89 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

b) The language of section 87 of the 1974 act is unambiguous, and states;

a default notice must be served before a creditor can seek to terminate the agreement or demand repayment of sums due to a breach of the agreement. Thus, without a valid default notice and without any proof forthcomming from the claimant that the said statutory legal notice not only does exist, but is indeed valid, the defendant asserts that the claimants demand in this action fails at this point and cannot logically nor justifiably proceed and for the claimants claim to do so would clearly be contrary to the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

c) Furthermore, the defendant asserts that failure of a default notice to be accurate not only invalidates the default notice (Case law ruling - Woodchester Lease Management Sevices Ltd v Swain and Co [2001] - GCCR 2255) but also prevents the court from enforcing any alledged debt, but would give me, the defendant in this action, cause for a counter claim against the claimant for damages as per the ruling in Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society [1996] 4 ALL ER 119.

7. The defendant wishes to make the court aware of the conduct of the claimant in this action, the defendant requested information referred to in the claim under CPR 31.14 from the claimant on the 6th of April 2010 by royal mail special delivery, 6th of April 2010 is the date that the claimant was in receipt of the said CPR request, compliance by the claimant with the said CPR request for disclosure of documents the claimants claim is to rely on, has now expired.

On the 14th of April 2010 the defendant telephoned the claimant to enquire as to why the claimant had not complied with the CPR 31.14 request, the claimant gave no good reason for this Non-Compliance of practice direction.

The requested documents would be in a relevant filing system, readily located and easily accessable, in the telephone conversation on the 14th of April 2010 the claimant stated to the defendant that there was no requirement for them to disclose the documents and the claimant went on to state that the defendant would probably be in receipt of the said documents by the 21st of April 2010 and this is the very day of the deadline for the defendant to file this response and counter claim in this action, the defendant is of the opinion that the claimant is making a mockery of practice direction and that the claimant is abusing the judicial system of this England

The defendant asserts that the conduct and attitude of the claimant is vexatious and is purposely intended to frustrate proceedings by attempting to deny the defendant a fair opportunity to file this defence and counter claim to the court and within the time scale permitted to do this.

8. Consequently, the defendant denies all allegations on the particulars of claim and puts the claimant to strict proof thereof.

9. Furtheremore, and in the alternative it is not admitted by the defendant that the sums claimed are lawfully owing. The defendant puts the claimant to strict proof as to how the sums claimed have been calculated and as to how it is asserted by the claimant that the sums claimed are contractually owing.

10. OK wish me well, from this point insert no 2 paragraph onwards from the defence that I posted until you get to paragraph no 9. Does that make any sense?

OK, and in that No2 paragraph, second line down where it states 'But through discussion with the claimant,'( insert this) on the 14th of July 2008 the claimant agreed in writing to a new three (3) month temporary contract. Then continue.....ok.

Alright wish me well, when you get to paragraph 9, come back to me and I will continue to add a bit more and then that will be your defence completed.

How are you today?, how are your super little gang of monkeys?

Roger.

Kind Regards

The Mould