Poppy007 v LPA receivers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi Poppy007,

Have you looked at this post, I think it sounds similiar to yours, mountains of infromation on there. It may help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/230253-mortgage-express-appoint-lpa-29.html#post2961370

Please try not to worry too much it is just a case of contiuing to work until the situation is right. If I was you I would go and change the locks again and get them repaired and disregard what they are doing until they have responded to you.

Hi Chillinlong, thanks for the link to the post. I have been following the post for a while and can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I am totally confused as to how these lenders are being allowed to treat people this way! My BTL lender will not take into consideration the 5 years of never missing a payment. They refused to take payment from me on two occasions - a deliberate act I think to get their grubby little hands on my house! It was difficult, but on the date of the LPA receivers appointment I was not in arrears. I have spent a considerable amount of money on renovations to improve the standard of the house but due to financial problems these have yet to be finished. Now they have changed the locks and refuse to allow me to maintain the house or continue with the renovations! My little BTL house is in our village, fronting onto the road so the whole issue of notices on the front door is causing me extreme distress. To read of windows being covered in metal sheets completely freaks me out! I have considered changing the locks and moving in the house myself but I don't think my nerves could stand it. I am a law abiding person and so I can't believe that the law can't help me. I had to instruct a solicitor as I was getting nowhere with the lender and fees were (and still are) being added onto my account at an alarming rate and they just ignored her! Now she's talking of instructing a barrister! There has to be another way. Has anyone got the lender to instruct the LPA to stand down?

P

Hi Poppy, just a suggestion, but dont know how it would work in practice.

Given all the circumstances, and the fact that you are not in arrears, maybe you can ask your solicitor to make an application asking the court to order that your property be handed back to you.

You can make applications to court for all manner of things, cant see any reason why you cant DIY, but I'm not really sure of the wording you would need to use.

Perhaps someone else on this site (with some legal know how) can assist in drafting an application for you.

Contact your MP Poppy. You can look them up on line and should be able to email them. You could also ask for an appointment to see them.

How do you feel about contacting the press?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Caro, there is no way I could talk to my MP or the Press about the mess I find myself in. I can't even manage to discuss things with my friends and neighbours. I find it difficult to drive past the house - which I do twice a day, every day - The whole situation is very distressing. I'm just not strong enough. Thanks for your input. Regards, P

Hi Caro, there is no way I could talk to my MP or the Press about the mess I find myself in. I can't even manage to discuss things with my friends and neighbours. I find it difficult to drive past the house - which I do twice a day, every day - The whole situation is very distressing. I'm just not strong enough. Thanks for your input. Regards, P

I do understand how when you are involved in a difficult situation it's incredibly difficult to deal with. I can also understand you not wanting to talk to people you know about this, although you have done nothing to be ashamed of.

Fair enough about the press and also about speaking to your MP. Please remember though that MPs are put there by us voters to work for us. I would urge you at least to email or write to yours. If you find it hard to explain, send them a link to this thread to explain it.

They have just been put in power by us, so make them work for us. They are ordinary people who are privileged to work for US. I definitely think that is worth a try.

Please think about it.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.