Please advise re possible VT

lyndatiger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I have been reading through some of yr threads and have to say there is some pretty good advice on here. Please can you help to put my mind at ease.

I am in position to get another vehicle through my company, but would need to VT my current car with WF. I have paid beyond my termination figure they have stated in my agreement, but not too sure how I should approach this 'darling' of a company:-). They say I have £90 arrears but not once have I been informed of this, it was only when I called to ask for a settlement figure that I was made aware. I have always paid by DD expect on one occassion when I actually paid cash into the local office. I also have a personal loan with them, which is unfortnatley in arrears and being paid off at a lower rate. Will this affect my VT rights. These people frighten me as I've had them knocking at my door before now. Some advice on how to start this process would be most appreciated.

Lynda

Hi Lynda,

If you've gone over 50% then just do it. Quite clearly states on your Agreement that you are not liable for any further charges after you've paid 50% (only any arrears). If you're convinced tht this £90 shouldn't be there, it will more than likely be some hidden charges they will have applied. Basically get your SAR and fight them over the £90. The two loans are separate agreements and should never affect the other. If you have read many other posts and are concerned about harassment etc draft the letter thats on many of the threads to them and get them to stop! To start with get your VT in NOW, recorded delivery. Fight the £90 charge after.

I totally agree with Granty and your personal loan has no bearing at all on your HP agreement so go for it :) Keep everything in writing :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

That is totally personal choice but if they are using defaults to stop VT I would be inclined to carry on paying

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool: