Halifax Account charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had letter from capquest stating they acting on behalf of Halifax to recover amount £700ish.:mad:

This figure relates to an old account made up purely of charges.:eek::mad:

Is there any advice of what to do with this please:(

I'm getting 5 or 6 telephone calls a day from them!!!

Edited by chaddyowl
:lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just received letter from HL Legal Solicitors stating unless this account is paid in full or satisfactory proposal for settlement is received by 4-04-10 Court Proceedings may be issued without further notice.

In event court is necessary costs will be added Court Costs £55

Solicitors Costs £70

Interest where applicable will be added accruing on daily basis.

Blah Blah Blah re enforcement action if judgement obtained and Pay Crapquest NOW!!!

This is all bank charges and I begrudge paying them !!!

ANY HELP PLEASE ON THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else had this sort of letter from this ****???

I would start by writing to them, disputing the debt. You need to get statements from the bank, send them a SAR requesting copies, then put in a claim to reclaim your charges, when you've got your statements comeback for more advice.

Edited by rebel11

Hi Chaddyowl

the recent loss does not mean that the charges were lawful. many people have been fighting now using different legislation.

when you say 'old debt'... how old?

You need to get details of the alleged debt before you can fight them on anything. I would send them a 'prove it' letter from one of the templates on here and wait and see what you get back, in the meantime have a look through some of the threads in the bank charges forum. :) hth.

My fight so far:

hunni2006 V Halifax Bank: Charges £963.11 refunded nov 2006:D

Cabot financial V hunni2006: defending court summons, ongoing... July 09 :-x:-x:-x don't even get me started about them....grrr still battling

hunni2006 V Capital One: SA request & CCA issued, ongoing.. July 09 OC 'checking the archives...' Sept 09, no agreement, files closed!:D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< please feel free to tip my scales if I've been helpful!

:DLearning more, every day.....

I have No legal training, any opinions and advice posted are entirely my own opinion, and based on life experiences and knowledge gained on this great site. Ultimately, what you do is up to you.

Its for a current account I had with the Halifax which I now no longer use and they are trying to claim back £750ish from this overdrawn account.. The above amount is made up of bank charges and interest:mad:

The last statement showing activity was in April 09 when £14.00 was added onto the account in interest...:mad:

Hi chaddy,

from what I've read on here capquest can be pretty determined when chasing up debts.

Rebel 11 gave some good advice earlier, send off a subject access request to the bank and start from there.

There are plenty of threads on here that can guide you through the process.... sorry I can't be of more help, but if you get stuck try using the red triangle and asking one of the site team to help.:)

My fight so far:

hunni2006 V Halifax Bank: Charges £963.11 refunded nov 2006:D

Cabot financial V hunni2006: defending court summons, ongoing... July 09 :-x:-x:-x don't even get me started about them....grrr still battling

hunni2006 V Capital One: SA request & CCA issued, ongoing.. July 09 OC 'checking the archives...' Sept 09, no agreement, files closed!:D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< please feel free to tip my scales if I've been helpful!

:DLearning more, every day.....

I have No legal training, any opinions and advice posted are entirely my own opinion, and based on life experiences and knowledge gained on this great site. Ultimately, what you do is up to you.

• 5 months later...

Hi All!

received letter today from IQOR stating that they have encl;osed statements from account and that they need settlement by return!

The account was overdrawn by £750 and its all in bank charges!!

Is there anything I can do after the court case was lost, I despise the way the banks have treated people over these charges!!

the recent loss does not mean that the charges were lawful. many people have been fighting now using different legislation.

To which legislation is been used to re-claim such ? hunnie2006 and is there a thread that states this which can be followed by users as a start guide? i think that is what chaddyowl is seeking....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

• 1 month later...

Am I going to have to pay these thieving TW@S???

Think it should be time for direct action against our greedy banks! I cant believe the lily livered approach we take in this country time after time when we get ripped off! Stiff Upper lip and all that Sh!te...

We should be in the City giving the banks something to think about!!! Freedom won by our fathers and grandfathers?? Dont make me laugh!!:mad2::-x