Howard Cohen Complaint to SRA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am about to write my complaint letter also. I am willing to join up and make a group complaint.

If you read my post you'll see the fun I'm having with CL Finance & Cohens.

I received the letter from Cohens stating a Judgement was against me, and to pay (quite funny really) the full amount of the debt every month... or else! Also a few months later a statement from CL Finance arrived with Solicitors fees, Post judgement fees etc which increased the debt by nearly £800. No judgement exists.!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am about to write my complaint letter also. I am willing to join up and make a group complaint.

If you read my post you'll see the fun I'm having with CL Finance & Cohens.

I received the letter from Cohens stating a Judgement was against me, and to pay (quite funny really) the full amount of the debt every month... or else! Also a few months later a statement from CL Finance arrived with Solicitors fees, Post judgement fees etc which increased the debt by nearly £800. No judgement exists.!

And this despite they assured the SRA that they would tighten up their procedures..........:roll:

• 3 months later...

To complain about messors "Howard Cohen" to the SRA it might have more of an effect if complaints were lodged against:

CohenCramer Solicitors

St Georges House

40 Great George Street

Leeds

LS1 3DL

SRA

Trading as

Howard Cohen & Co Solicitor

PO Box 110

Cleckheaton

West Yorkshire

BD19 4XT

also known as:

Howard Cohen Solicitors

29 Park Square

Leeds

LS1 2PG

I have just received my reply to my complaint against HC. The SRA are building a case file against them (now you know Cohens). So now is the time to get your complaint in. Also, so that this is not just a 'oh yes we are dealing with this and have added you details to the pile' then nothing gets done, everyone who has complained needs to diarise their response and then keep following up until action has been confirmed.

When I have finshed wirth my case I will be studying further and seeking compensation for the distress and costs involved in me having false letters from Cohens. A certain production company is working their way in and will be uncovering a lot of behind the scenes dealings... or are they!?!?

I complained to HM Courts, regarding Cohens abusing the system by making claims without having all (or indeed, any) of the documents necessary to substantiate a claim, which implied that they were using the system purely as a tool to make people pay. They said that Cohens were not abusing the system !!!

Did you submit your complaint on form EX343A?

Not applicable in my case, I was complaining about Cohens' abuse of the system which isn't covered by this form,.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex343_e.pdf

Should have pushed the court more Mightacorn, from what you say the court accepted cohens "Notice of Discontinuance" unless it is placed upon the court and the defendant under form N279, it isn't worth the paper its written on, Judge should have known that, when a N279 is served correctly the judge can award costs for unreasonable behaviour, stacks against cohen in your case.

The court I was in accepted the discontinuance from Cohens and awarded me costs (not a large amount but enough thank you).

The complaint I made to the Courts was not just about my case, but pointing out that I could prove abuse of the system by Cohens in lots of cases, where Cohen made Claims without substantive documents. The Courts didn't want to know, but fortunately the SRA took my complaint (and others) seriously and are investigating Cohens.

• 2 years later...