where do welcome get their car prices from????????

essexboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

Where did Welcome get their car prices from i have just found a page within my sar that is headed GLASS'S EVALUATOR

It appears that this is a valuation sheet for my car i purchased from welcome dated the day before my purchase

makes interesting reading

original cost new 9452-00

retail 6737-00

trade 5478-00

welcome sold the car to me for 9482-00 adding 299-00 for extras this is 350 pounds more than the original cost new value

have i any chance for redress as this is complete daylight robbery

essexboy

I have the exact same just different figures our car was 5400 (ish) our agreement before adding gx etc is 7333!!!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

It has to be but how to go about proving it and what regulations are they breaking is the point....

on the one checklist it has something like % not exceeding allowable % on vehicle so they even check they have added onto the vehicle!!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Mine was the other way round, I paid less than book price, got a Glass valuation through with my SAR, shows price when new £24k, Glass' guide price at the time was £9800, and something like £8300 trade, I paid £7500! The car was just over 3yrs old when I got it, and had higher than average mileage. Ironically, it was a finance repossession, company I bought it from deal in a lot of repo's :)

hi beyond

i dont know but i am going to look into this one

essexboy

Im right behind you if i find anything Ill post it here :)

Mine was the other way round, I paid less than book price, got a Glass valuation through with my SAR, shows price when new £24k, Glass' guide price at the time was £9800, and something like £8300 trade, I paid £7500! The car was just over 3yrs old when I got it, and had higher than average mileage. Ironically, it was a finance repossession, company I bought it from deal in a lot of repo's :)

shame it didnt stay a bargain eh lol

:lol: absolutely!!

not a clue but ive added it to my letter (see my thread)

if they dont respond to that particular question we can pretty much assume they arent allowed to do it lol