Bryan Carter letter unsure what to do please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

i received a letter yesterday morning from bryan carter, saying i had failed to respond to any other correspondence they had sent to me, so they had traced me to this address.

im not sure what this is about as i havent had any other correspondence at all and have lived at my new address for 14 months now.

im not sure what the debt is for as this is not mentioned in the letter and to my knowledge i do not have any outstandiong debt.

please help am very worried

many thanx

Send him this letter by recorded delivery - keep a copy of the letter with the postal receipt.

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY YOU CLAIM TO REPRESENT

Dear Sirs

Your Ref:

You have contacted me regarding an alleged debt which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am familiar with the Office of Fair Trading debt collectionlink3.gif Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

Therefore, I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

dont signlink3.gifjust type your name

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

gonna sound like a silly question on this letter where it says " office of fair trading debt collection" i know thats a link do you leave that in the letter? and i will certainly print this out an send it first thing tomorrow:)

thanks alot

:)

Just retype over the link.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Yep, just wait and see what he comes up with;)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi guys please help, have jus recieved a letter from carter sayin the debt i have is from phoenix recoveries for 3915 i dont no what this is for the only thig i can think or is a credit card that was meant to be paid off by my mum. need help on what to do now

the letter i received is as follows :

" dear miss ****,

we thank you for your communication regarding this account. we have referred the matter to our client and will revert to you as soon as we are in receipt of instructions. in the mean time, we confirm that we have placed the account on hold.

yours sincerely

BC

it states the company is phoenix recoveries and that it is for 3915. i know i have no debts and my credit card is cleared as it was with my bank and have had no correspondance from them on this matter at all. i asked them an they said there was no dispute.

i know need to know what i can do to end this matter once and for all as it is starting to really get to me

any help is very much appreciated

all the best

If it will put your mind at rest, have a read on here about Bryan Carter.

Yes he'll hassle and try and harass you into paying but stand firm and make them prove what this is all about. And then once they have done that make them prove you lawfully owe it.

BTW Phoenix Recoveries UK Ltd S.a.r.L. is not a UK registered Company, and they have not got offices in Weybridge.

Carter is an in house solicitor for a debt collection company and they have been paid to write the standard letter to you.

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

aw thank you that is really helpful, since having the last letter i havent recieved anything, its been nearly 2 weeks since they said they have put my account on hold so just a case of waiting i guess

many thanxs for your help

• 1 month later...

hi guys, been a while 8 weeks to be exact but i have reiceved a letter this morning from bryan carter it reads as follows:

Our Ref:******** Account Number:*************

Re:Phoenix Recoveries (uk) limited Balance: £3915.38

Dear Miss *******

We refer to your recent letter or telephone conversation with this office.

Please find enclosed account documents, provided by our client, as requested.

We hope that this clarifies matters and look forward to hearing from you with your proposals for the discharge of this account

BRYAN CARTER

Attached is copy of the application form i filled in for a credit card in march 2005.

I really don't know what to do i am at my wits end any help wouldbe greatly apprieciated

Bryan Carter now needs to be reported to Trading Standards and the Solicitors Regulatory Authority, he cannot enforce an alleged debt through court with just an application form, that hasn't complied with any request you have made to him.

Please don't worry too much about this Piers Morgan, he really is just another DCA at the end of the day who thinks by being a 'legal firm' he has more right to harrass you.

Trading Standards in his area must be flooded with complaints about his company. Go to Consumer Direct and report him and Phoenix on there.

it states the company is phoenix recoveries and that it is for 3915. i know i have no debts and my credit card is cleared as it was with my bank and have had no correspondance from them on this matter at all. i asked them an they said there was no dispute.

Ok, do you have statements etc that show that this account was at zero balance?

Don't panic, there is still lots to do.

Again, if it will put your mind at rest, AFAIK, there has not been a victory for BC where the defendant has actually defended a claim.

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Bryan Carter now needs to be reported to Trading Standards and the Solicitors Regulatory Authority, he cannot enforce an alleged debt through court with just an application form, that hasn't complied with any request you have made to him.

Please don't worry too much about this twit, he really is just another DCA at the end of the day who thinks by being a 'legal firm' he has more right to harrass you.

Trading Standards in his area must be flooded with complaints about his company. Go to Consumer Direct and report him and Phoenix on there.

The problem with this is they are acting for their client. If I walked into their office and insisted they wrote a letter to someone, they would have to take my word for it - and that would be their excuse. I have had to use a solicitor for debt collecting for my own business in the past and you just pay them the money and they send the letters (and take their commission if they get the money).

Is this via Fredricksons at all, as that would change things a little? (being a DCA albeit in the same office as Carter)

Hi stacey , if you have £10 to spare you could always SAR the credit card company ,this will detail everything they hold on you about the account and will also show the Zero balance if the account has been fully paid which will give you peace of mind. On another note if during the SAR you find charges placed on the account you may want tp reclaim the unfair charges if any.

sleepingdog