• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

mortgage arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi a question which is proberly stupid

i am going to ask my mortgage co (GE MONEY) if i can go interest only for six months

can they change my rate? this currently tracks barclays base rate +1.5%

so my rate is 2%

i have been in arrears with them for two years and have clawed it back from £2800 to just 16 days behind,this goes down monthly

the extra money will clear some other priority debts which are also in arrears

they have asked me if i want to extend my term to reduce payments by phone

ive had £2800 pounds of arrears charges and dont want anymore

Hello Rogersonjeff!

I regret I don't know, but I would be interested in the answer too.

This is no direct help, but it may make you negotiate harder if you realise these bankers do not really care about you, all they care about is getting a large chunk of your income every Month.

They will bleat and moan about how you must pay them back, when in reality, you borrowed the Debt into existence. They did not open their vaults to remove bags of money that other people had saved, they just clicked a few buttons, and a Hard Drive somewhere woke up and registered the extra digits you had just created for them.

The Mortgage was secured against a property, which really means the banks stopped you from going out and spending it all on loose Cars and fast members of the opposite sex. They knew that once they had finished counting to 10, the number-money you borrowed into existence would re-appear on the Hard Drive of one of their banking mates. The number-money Debt hops around their computers, then you get to slog away repaying it with your hard earned money. Likewise, the resident of Number 11 Downing Street will be pleased to see the UK number-money supply has nudged up by the value of the Debt you borrowed into existence...they need the balloon to keep growing, because there is never enough number-money to repay all of the Debts. The worst effects of this can be kept at bay for as long as new people arrive to borrow to fill the shortfall, but that only increases the problem, and prolongs the shortfall.

If people stop borrowing, other people go bust and lose their businesses, homes and real assets. Again, whilst the bankers pretend that's terrible, they are actually smiling as they say this, because they know a good Recession pushes another wave of real Assets into their hands. Indeed, they almost want a Recession every now and again...I'm sure they would not dream of constraining the money supply just to induce a Recession :roll:.

Then again...it's perhaps no accident that the percentage of assets and property in private hands has been going down, and down, and down, such that the greater percentage is now owned by, wait for it, banks and financial institutions linked to banks. Less than 60 years ago, they owned less than 20%, now they own more than 50%.

The big banks live forever, they are not going anywhere, and the people that run them will be Stardust like you one day, while the bank trundles on. Their current minion employees are just as deluded as everyone else, and honestly think you have a duty to slave away and repay the Debt at a certain rate, with the goal of making full repayment by the end of the 25-30 years they have conned you into becoming a Debt Slave for them.

Why should the bank bosses work for a living when they can get you to do it for them, and make you pay them for the privilege!

The reality has little to do with repayment, and more to do with keeping as large a flow of your income heading their way as they can engineer, or the other alternative is watching you made homeless so they get the asset anyway, sell it, and inflate their coffers yet again (the original Debt stays part of the number-money supply, it's not ever cancelled once it comes into being).

They won't like Interest Only, and the minions will do all they can to make you feel bad, and quote all sorts of rules at you to make you keep paying, but if you offer to pay just the Interest, that is still, actually, a very good deal for them. It's still hard-earned money, and it's still heading their way, just less of it than they'd like.

Sure, your Mortgage won't go down.

However, guess what's around the corner?

Yep, inflation. The price of Gold shooting up and up is a good sign that those who have bags of real cash want to off-load it fast and swap it for something that will keep pace with inflation like, er, Gold.

Horrible as it is probably going to be, once inflation comes back, the likely effect is your house will creep up, then shoot up in value, as will, indeed, your Mortgage Interest Only Payments!

The trick, if you can hang on to your socks when this all gets underway, is to keep your home, keep paying the Mortgage Interest, and hope that inflation will reduce the real value of your Mortgage.

Say, if your Mortgage is £75k and your home is worth £100k, then in ten years time, once we've had another round of inflation, your home could well be worth £300k, while your Mortgage is still £75k. You'll also have paid them a fair amount, but so long as the home shoots up and the Mortgage stays where it is, you may be OK in the long run.

Put another way, you own £25k now, or 25% of your home that's worth £100k with a £75k Mortgage. If inflation shoots up and your home does hit £300k, whereas your Mortgage is still £75k, then by that time you own £300k-£75k = £225k or, 75% of your home. That's better than the 25% you started off at, and yet your Mortgage has not moved. Inflation took care of it all for you.

Even if you deduct the payments you have made over the 10 years, it should still work out that you own a good percentage of your home by that time.

They won't care either way, what they want is your hard earned income and £75k at the end, so never forget that.

All that really matters is keeping your family happy with a roof over your head and, if you can stay there, see gradually increasing value tied into the home. Forget about paying off the mortgage, and concentrate on living and avoiding any further Debt. If you start to get a surplus, then use that money to make more money, don't hand it over to the people pulling your Mortgage strings.

If you play your cards right, you will build more and more wealth via a combination of home value and anything else you can build up elsewhere with any spare cash you can generate over and above the Mortgage Interest Only Payments.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by banker_rhymes_with
Clarity

Hello R!

another question though can they refuse to let me go interestlink3.gif free

I regret I do not know the answer, but have heard it said that they may not be able to refuse such a request in the current Recession.

I hope someone else will jump in with some answers!

Cheers,

BRW

According to the Civil Justice Council Mortgage Arrears Protocols S.7 lenders should indeed consider all options to help including changing to interest free for a period of time.

Mortgage_Pre-Action_protocol_full version.pdf

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi

Just thought I would let you know that we have had our interest only application declined today. Our bank told us that they are only offered as a very last resort, we fitted all the criteria last week for the application, now they have declined. Very stressed. Hope you get the answer you are looking for :-)

Hello R2M!

Just thought I would let you know that we have had our interest only application declined today. Our bank told us that they are only offered as a very last resort, we fitted all the criteria last week for the application, now they have declined.

Sorry to hear this.

However, I think the bank have effectively just admitted they are ignoring the Civil Justice Council Mortgage Arrears Protocols that Ell-enn has kindly provided above.

They are supposed to seek ways to avoid Repossession, because Repossession is the last resort.

If Repossession is the last resort, then how can the grant of an interest only solution be the last resort? You can't have two last resorts, one has to come before the other.

I'd ask them again, and bring to their attention the above Civil Justice Council Mortgage Arrears Protocols. Point out that their refusal in these difficult times is going to increase the likelihood of Repossession, when it could've helped to prevent it.

Very stressed.

I bet you are. But don't just take their word on this and accept it as final, they are just employees, and this is money. Losing your home is a far bigger issue, so don't take no for an answer, and have another go, then another go, then another go, until you get the answer you need and should reasonably expect in this situation.

Keep writing, because this will establish a paper trail that you can use against them should the matter escalate to a Repossession Hearing.

Hope you get the answer you are looking for

And you!

Cheers,

BRW

can i do anything about the £40 per month charge x 3 years +interest

there not gona give me interest free if i try that route

We were in court recently with GE attempting (but failed :D ) possession.

We had support from our local district council housing dept and he asked the judge if he would order the removal of the monthly arrears fees of £40 plus interest plus legal fees but the judge replied that it was not in his jurisdiction to amend the terms & conditions of the mortgage :(

Not to be deterred however, the guy from the council has authorisation from us to contact GE direct to attempt to have these charges removed - will keep you posted :)