cityredgirl v Welcome Finance

cityredgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

City, If you are with thr FOS i would chase it up with them.

I havent heard back from the fos and i go on holiday this friday so i was going to send the above complaint to compliance again ;) Although my local branch is only 10 minutes from my work im tempted to post my cat sh+t through its letter box haha. :smile:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE ; Today i recieved Complaint FINAL RESPONSE

Welcome have upheld my complaint regarding Telephone harrasement and have informed me that telephone corespondance should not have continued and that they have now removed my telephone number from there system. Well thank you very much but it hasnt resolved my PPI complaint which was swnt in february. :/ do you think the resolution off ppi is forthcoming reading BIGLOU thread maybe that was my settlement offer ;) as im a lou and i live in manchester.

Also UPDATE: recieved a letter from local branch stating " If you fail to contact us immediatley , we will be left with no alternative but to instruct a representative to visit your home in order to discus a payment plan.

We are sympathetic to your situation and any feasible offer made by you will be given serious consideration. We now look forward to hearing from you.

Well well, welcome what is going on?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi cityredgirl how are things going? they 'may' send someone around but its unlikely (ive never had a visit arranged by local branch following one of those letters) also they 'shouldnt' send anyone around. Im afraid I dont agree with the advice you were given early on about not paying, welcome do not subscribe to the banking code and therefore 'account in dispute' means nothing and by not paying you are going to get charges added to the account from them chasing payment which they are at liberty to do as you arent paying. Im just concerned that until recently alot of people were quick to advise dont pay when that in fact caused a temporary worse situation for the person trying to solve their issue. Any news on PPi?

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Hi cityredgirl how are things going? they 'may' send someone around but its unlikely (ive never had a visit arranged by local branch following one of those letters) also they 'shouldnt' send anyone around. Im afraid I dont agree with the advice you were given early on about not paying, welcome do not subscribe to the banking code and therefore 'account in dispute' means nothing and by not paying you are going to get charges added to the account from them chasing payment which they are at liberty to do as you arent paying. Im just concerned that until recently alot of people were quick to advise dont pay when that in fact caused a temporary worse situation for the person trying to solve their issue. Any news on PPi?

Hi BEYONDHOPE, Many thanks for taking time to advise me. I havent heard anything in the last 2 weeks, I recieved some paperwork from the FOS asking for me to fill in some ppi stuff before they commence with my complaint. Im concerned too about being advised not to pay etc, what should i know do? should i ring welcome and make a payment over the phone with my credit card?. I became disallusioned with some advise i recieved here and now i feel a bit out of my depth due to the silence and uncertain facts. hings are going from bad to worse if this comes back to bite me on the bum. :(

Hi BEYONDHOPE, Many thanks for taking time to advise me. I havent heard anything in the last 2 weeks, I recieved some paperwork from the FOS asking for me to fill in some ppi stuff before they commence with my complaint. Im concerned too about being advised not to pay etc, what should i know do? should i ring welcome and make a payment over the phone with my credit card?. I became disallusioned with some advise i recieved here and now i feel a bit out of my depth due to the silence and uncertain facts. hings are going from bad to worse if this comes back to bite me on the bum. :(

give me an hour or so to get the tiddlies to bed and ill have a read back through I cant promise ill have any answers but i'll sure try. As for payment id be inclined to write with 'token' payments until all issues are resolved and put aside any other monies that should have been paid and should the time come that nothing can be done at least you can pay off the outstanding. I wont be too long and i'll be back :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

OK from reading back:

You had a payment agreement of £50 with interest frozen, they then decided you should be paying £146 a month and want to add interest again, PPi claim hasnt been answered by wfs or fos, they are now chasing for payment

is this right?

Hi yeah That sums It up I'm also lead to believe my contract is up the wall regarding apr Etc

they accepted my complaint regarding harassment and have still failed to resolve my ppi complaint.

I recentley informed welcome I would be with holding.any future payments until they resolve my dispute. X

Hi yeah That sums It up I'm also lead to believe my contract is up the wall regarding apr Etc

they accepted my complaint regarding harassment and have still failed to resolve my ppi complaint.

I recentley informed welcome I would be with holding.any future payments until they resolve my dispute. X

This is purely my opinion so feel free to disregard I wont be offended :)

I would be writing a strongly worded letter outlining the issue of the frozen/unfrozen interest making an offer to pay £50 a month on condition the previous long standing agreement is reverted to being the interest is frozen as you arent in a position for this agreement to be terminated so abruptedly. Make it 110% clear that this offer is purely subject to frozen interest. My main concern for you at the moment is that by with holding payments they will continue to bully and harrass as they have little regard for any requests and by offering to continue with the previous arrangement you are showing willing if that makes sense.

How long have the fos now had your complaint and the info they asked for?

As for the apr being up the spout that will remain to be seen as there have seen been developments in seeing how the interest is worked out and it isnt how it was being worked out before.

Hi Beyond. Thank you once again for your advise , i have compiled a letter suggesting what ou have advised i will send it by recorded delivery. Problem is..If my account is under investigation and it turns in my favour what will happen to any future payments that i make will they be returned to me?. Many Thanks.P.s i still have recieved no further notice from welcome :/ i also need to send my paperwork back to the fos this was regarding ppi questionaire so they can continue with my complaint. xx

Hi Beyond. Thank you once again for your advise , i have compiled a letter suggesting what ou have advised i will send it by recorded delivery. Problem is..If my account is under investigation and it turns in my favour what will happen to any future payments that i make will they be returned to me?. Many Thanks.P.s i still have recieved no further notice from welcome :/ i also need to send my paperwork back to the fos this was regarding ppi questionaire so they can continue with my complaint. xx

If it turns out that you have overpaid all monies will HAVE to be returned to you although I think they general thing with PPi reclaims is whatever you win will come off any arrears and the rest should be paid to you unless you request the whole lot come off the account (im sure someone will correct me if im wrong)

get the paperwork back to fos sooner you do the sooner it will get sorted :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well here we go again I received a default notice on the 9/10 ..the letter was dated 1/10 demanding I pay the outstanding sums of £1016.01 within fourteen days or this will increase to the sum of £2546.04 . As noted in my other thread I have won my ppi claim and have been awarded a sum of over £900 I sent the acceptance form back via recorded delivery on the 1st October. I included in my acceptance letter a statement of intent to clear my arrears upon receipt of the ppi money. Now what the hell are welcome playing at again, I'm in the mood to give them hell on the phone tomorrow! !!! Advice please xx

They seem to be completely inept, I had a similar letter off them regarding PPI, the difference being that I managed to get rid of these parasites years ago, so they owe me a cash refund, which as of yet has failed to appear, and is of course over their stated time frame.

For those who need to phone Welcome a couple of numbers

0115 984 9200 Mere Way no, avoiding 0845 nos, ideal if you have to pay for them,

0845 3730341 Direct no for 'Brideshead Team' these seem to actually know what they're talking about, if they're

dealing with your claim/problem, it'll avoid you queuing for ages on other numbers,

Welcome seem strangely reticent about putting their contact nos on their letters.

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant news my account has now officially been settled and closed. Fantastic news goodbye welcome

I am so happy

Thank You all for your guidance and support.

I wish you all well with those remaining battles x

All the best

CRG. X

3 threads merged

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...