PCN - Red Route

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I was parked in a parking bay on a red route. There are 2 signs located near to the bays which face on coming traffic.

The first sign http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz302/drifter104/1stsign.jpg states loading is allowed for up to 20 minutes, I was parked for 10-15 mins, (I got back as the ticket was being placed @ 16:06) this sign is located inside the parking bay lines.

The second sign

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz302/drifter104/2ndsign.jpg states only parking is not allowed between 7am and 7pm except for 1 hour between 10am - 4pm, but as you can see from the picture is located outside the parking bays.

The ticket reason was "Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway)" basically the warden said I was parked past 4pm.

My arguement is that the conditions on the 2nd sign don't apply as the position of the sign implies that it applies past this point, and that it is located outside of the parking bay lines. Would this be a fair opinion based on the location of the signs

Also the PCN doesn't imo state the enforcement authority clearly, infact it doesn't state it. I had to guess it from the webaddress on the ticket, or is this enough to say they have stated the authority?

Edited by drifter104

This is because it was 16:06 and you were parked, not loading. Loading must seen to be taking place. It obviously wasn't and thus why the PA correctly deduced you were parked and not loading.

Ticket is correct.

Sorry maybe my choice of words was not best. By parked I meant stationary. I was taking some computer equipment from my car to a customer across the road. I made 3 trips during the time I was "parked" I got the ticket while getting my paperwork signed.

The red one and the first sign applies to red route

Red boxes are off peak only so you are not permitted to stop 7-10 and 4-7 so the fact you were loading is irrelevant. By all means appeal that the signs are confusing but its only an outside chance you will succeed.

• 1 month later...
Red boxes are off peak only so you are not permitted to stop 7-10 and 4-7 so the fact you were loading is irrelevant. By all means appeal that the signs are confusing but its only an outside chance you will succeed.

Thought I would just update this.

Finally got a response to my appeal today and they have cancelled the ticket. Yay.

The letter was funny to read, they attached a picture of my car clearly inside the bay but disputing my photographs and video (emailed them the video) showing my car and the CEO. Claiming the CEO was a credible witness, and then said they had cancelled the charge.

Just a side note Green_and_mean but it is permitted to stop in marked bays on Red Routes where they exist and you observe the conditions which I did.

Just a side note Green_and_mean but it is permitted to stop in marked bays on Red Routes where they exist and you observe the conditions which I did.

I didn't say it wasn't possible to stop but the bay you stopped in was 10.00-16.00 and you stopped at 16.06 so you didn't observe the conditions, the PCN was cancelled because the bays/signs in London road are non compliant not because you were loading.