Nco

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If it your choice to deal directly with Orange then do so.

NCO have no powers whatsoever so just ignore them.

Just tell them the account is disputed and you will not deal with them further, nothing they can do anyway without a court order, they just like to intimidate you into thinking there is.

If the card is one of their

"Mr Green will be calling" crap just ignore it, nobody will turn up and even of they do, just tell them you have nothing to discuss and shut the door

Just to annoy them send them a 'prove it' letter

really dumb here i know of the debt but never thought it was that much

Well send the letter then see what info they send you back, more than likely will not be able to supply anything showing how the amonut owing was established.

DO NOT telephone them and if they ring you refuse to answer their security question and put the phone down.

Send letter by recorded delivery otherwise they will say they never recieved it and don't sign it.

Before you offer Orange any form of payment, check with them if they actually still manage the account, they may have sold it to NCO

even if the have SOLD it to NCO if i say i'm disputing the total and pay orange direct surely they cant refuse the money can they ? how do i know who has brought the debt

By asking Orange if they have sold it.

If not ask what the outstanding balance is, you can be sure it will be a lot less than NCO say it is.

If Orange have sold it, then they will not deal with you, so then make NCO prove you owe the amount, if they can't then don't pay them.