Deduction with warning

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened my wage slip to find I have been deducted shift allowance rather than receiving it. After asking why, I was told I was not supposed to be receiving it due to working days, so it was stopped and last months deducted.

I had a verbal agreement with the previous management that due to my assumed supervisory role, I would get this as they were unable to increase my salary. I would be able to get this verbal agreement confirmed by others working here, so was wondering if there was anything I could do about this?

How long have you been receiving this allowance?

Do you have a contract of employment that states that your employer can make deductions from your wages, or have you given your signed, prior agreement to them doing so?

I have been receiving it for 16 months. 8 of that was on the evening shift, but it was verbally agreed it would continue after I moved onto days. A new manager started 2 months ago, but at no time was it mentioned there was a problem. There is nothing in my contract stating they can do this and I have not signed an agreement stating they can.

So you've received this payment for 8 months whilst you've been on days?

It seems to me that it's been clearly been implied by precedent that you are entitled to this payment. Therefore, for them to now discontinue paying you would constitute an unlawful deduction from your wages and a breach of contract. IMO. Certainly as this has been a unilateral action and they haven't consulted with you about doing so.

You need to submit a formal grievance about this. Do you have a copy of the company's disciplinary and grievance procedures?