I was very ill and now I've got a Charge Certificate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I appealed against a PCN from Camden Council at the end of last year. It was rejected carelessly at the beginning of January which left me with the option of going through PATAS.

Unfortunately, I became very ill then which made it difficult to do everyday tasks such as appealing further and opening letters. Now that I'm a little better, I've just gone through a heap load of unopened mail which includes a Charge Certificate for this PCN dated 08/02/10.

I'm assuming that Camden Council don't really give a toss about my condition. What can I do next?

It's really upsetting and making me ill again. Thanks for your attention and any advice you can give me.

Now that it costs £35 to file a PE2 & PE3 to TEC (out of time Statutory Declaration to explain why you didn't respond sooner) you don't want it to escalate to an Order for Recovery. I think your best bet is to explain your circumstances to the council, ask for it to be referred to PATAS and see what they say. Include any evidence you have of your illness, or maybe even your GP's details to demonstrate that you are willing to provide evidence.

Please let us know what their response is if you do.

Why aren't we revolting?

Thank you, I think I will contact Camden Council first.

I received an Order for Recovery for another PCN which was also out of time. I did not receive a NTO for this so I could send off a TE9 Witness Statement form along with a TE7 Application to file a statement out of time form. The latter seems to be the equivalent of the out of time statutory declaration form that Westminster Council used/uses. I gave my medical reasons and it doesn't state that there are charges... thankfully.

I'll keep you posted with what happens to both of them and thank you again.