Help with Global Vantage

Melody2b
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i am in the progress of setting up an IVA (the company is drawing up a proposal at present) and of course i am being incessantly bombarded with phone calls from my creditors (mainly credit card companys). Now however i have recieved a card through my door today letting me know that a representative from a company called "Global Vantedge" will be calling on me tomorrow between the hours of 8am and 9pm on behalf of MBNA. Anyone know anything about these guys? are they debt collectors? and if so do i just let them in? really worried about what i should do. My husband will be at work al lday tomorrow so its just me and the kids indoors.

Edited by Melody2b

Hi,

If, and thats a big ' if ' they turn up, tell them where to go, they have no Legal powers whatsoever.

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

The chances are when the say calling tomorrow it'll be by telephone rather than someone at the door.

If someone does come there isn't a law in the land that states you have to answer a knock on the door.

Send them this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.html

thanks yes you guys were right. There was no sign of them. Now however it seems Barclaycard have passed on one of my credit card debts to Mercers debt collections limited. Got a letter from them today stating "a local representative may call at my home to secure full payment of debt"....what exactly are my rights when it comes to these Debt Collectors? Do i just do as i was advised to do with Global Vantedge and send out the letter template linked above? Can these people come to my door and demand thousands of pounds and not go away? should i call them and explain the situation regarding IVA? I am very confused (and scared i must admit) when dealing with these people.....i just wish the IVA proposal would hurry up and be put forward as these phone calls and threats are driving me into depression. Thank god i found this site and you people to help and advise me otherwise i would feel totally alone.

thank you to everyone helping me

Melanie