Office of Fair Trading. Scambusting.

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have we already got a thread on this? O.Done.

BECOME A SCAMBUSTER! Scamnesty_bin_arrow.gif Dear Overdone

It's time to drop them in it!

Every year, [problematic] bring misery to thousands of people through fake mailings, emails and telephone calls. This month, you have a chance to stop them!

From 1st to 26th February 2010, the Office of Fair Trading is running a nationwide Scamnesty campaign inviting you to report any suspicious activity and help to warn others about potential scams operating in your area.

Bin-image.gif How you can help: bullet-point.gif Drop any [problem] mailings into the special Scamnesty bins located in public places bullet-point.gif Send your [problem] emails and [problem] text messages to our Virtual bin online bullet-point.gif Please forward this email to your friends and families to warn them about scams Together we can stop people falling victim to scams.

Edited by overdone
add info

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

I've had several emails about this. They ended up in the, err, [problem] folder.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)