Contract Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can an employer change your terms and conditions without having to amend / give you a new contract?

For example, when I started working for my current employer in December 2005 and as far as I was aware I am entitled to 6 months full pay should I go off work sick.

Due to an un-related work accident I now need time off work, but my manager has informed me that I am entitled to 3 months full pay. When I queried this with my manager, he informed me that depending on when you started working for the company, will depend on the length of sick pay you are entitled to. He has stated that my start date suggests that i only receive 3 months sick pay. But when i started working for the company I was given an induction book that stated 6 months (haven't got this now!) and also our HR intranet sites holds our terms and conditions and the only one that i can find also states 6 months.

I have never been informed of the 3 months and nothing I have found or have access to states 3 months. All documents and advice on the company HR site state 6 months full pay. Where do I stand with regards to this? What should i go back and say to my manager?

Write to your manager annd point out that your handbook and what you've found on the HR site both state that you're entitled to 6 months.

Don't let on that you have mislaid your handbook!!;) Make him think that you can prove your argument.

If he still argues, ask him to prove it.