• Tweets

• The Private Parking Code of Parking has been postponed as the poor dears are frightened that thew will all go out of business once it becomes Law. We all wish but nothing could be further from the truth so doubtless most of them will have to change their ways if they don't want to be removed as approved parking companies. Thank you for still retaining and producing the original PCN which, no surprise, fails to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. [It even states the vehicle "breeched" the terms  when it was the driver that allegedly breached the terms}. It fails to specify the Parking Period and whilst it does show the arrival and departure ANPR times on the photographs [that I cannot read] they do not include how long you actually parked nor was it specified on the Notice  [photos don't count]. So that means that you spent even less time parked though it would help had you not blocked out the dates and times, so good if you could please include them on your next  post. Pofa  asks the driver to pay the charge S( [2][b] which your PCN doesn't though they do ask the keeper to pay.and they have missed out theses words in parentheses S9[2][f] ii)  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; All of those errors mean that the cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. Only the driver is now responsible . What a rubbish Claim Form -doesn't even give the date of the event which it should.  
    • it doesn't matter what you are being charged or if you missed the discount period. you ain't paying anyway..... if this ever gets before a judge. then the ins and out of POFA2012 or any IPC/BPA guidelines might come into play. until then i go get on with your life. you are spending far too much time on a speculative invoice scan scheme  its almost as if you believe these are fines and enforceable in a criminal court and you could have bailiffs at your door any minute.    
    • Debt Respite Scheme (Breathing Space) guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) but dont get scammed into a DMP. simply tell whomever you call to simply apply for the BS for you.  
    • totally immaterial. time to now start reading up. Programmable Search Engine (google.com) Clickme^^^ do not miss your defence filing date no matter what dx  
    • Programmable Search Engine CSE.GOOGLE.COM clickme^^
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bankruptcy/Trust Deed help in Scotland please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Here's my story

Made redundantlink8.gif in August 2008, went on a debt management plan with Payplan in November 2008. Paying £25 per week towards my debt but will take me 50 years and am struggling badly to pay that amount.

Got divorced in 2009 (after a six year separation) and had to move house, which put my bills up considerably. I have a new partner and two children, and now live in a house owned by my mother.

The only income I have is from JSA, child tax credits, child benefit and child maintenance. I get council tax benefit too. My partner doesn't work, and one of my children leaves school in June, and thankfully will have a full time job from August. But my income will drop at the same time by more than I could ask her to pay from her low paid job.

I'm trying hard to find work, I am on a waiting list for a job which fingers crossed I should get before the six months on the list expires. That would pay me around £100 more a week than I am getting now but that would just mean I can eat, and be warm.

I'm fed up being hungry, cold and stressed out by debt.

I have looked into things but am very worried by Trust Deeds and by bankruptcy, it keeps me up at night with worry as they are so official.

I intend to go to the citizens advice and get their help.

I have heard of 'low assets low income', just how bad is it to go through this? Thinking maybe I should just struggle for another few years and go down the Trust deed route.

How does bankruptcy affect house insurance? I'm a tennant of my mothers and I don't want to let her know about any bankruptcy, but that was a question on the insurance form.

Is it true that you can't be the electricity account holder anymore?

Loose your phone supplier etc?

Also the job I'm hoping to get also asked on the form if I was a bankrupt. So I'm worried about that too. It was with the DWP. Does anyone know if you can't work for them if you are bankrupt or if they would sack you if you become so while working for them?

My partner has a car, worth around £3000. As he isn't working, (he's a writer) I pay his car bills and get to use his car. Can I count these as outgoings, even though I don't own the car?

What counts as my assets? Is it just my things or my families items too as I pay all the bills.

I opened a basic bank account with Northern Rock in anticipation of going bankrupt but, I have £10 in it, will that get closed as well? Should I have waited till after the bankruptcy?

We watch every penny, we have to, and lead a very fruggle lifstyle. We don't smoke, go out etc and we have tried really hard to keep the DMP going and pay back what I owe but it's just got too hard.

There is a lot to this, I think you have to get your mind around all of these niggles first before you can go through with official debt help or I would end up more of a wreck than I am.

Can anyone offer some advice, answer the questions, point me towards further reading/help etc or can just tell me of their own experiences.

Thank you.

My best advice my friend would to seek impartial money advice from citizen's advice. I'm presuming you entered into your agreement without doing so, as they would ensure you could pay within your means.

A trust deed, by the sounds of it, may not suit your needs as that requires some level of consistent contribution. Bankruptcy may be your best bet but I say that as someone without any training.

You should still have enough money to enjoy your life. Go and seek genuinely impartial advice, you will feel better for it.

Good luck!

My best advice my friend would to seek impartial money advice from citizen's advice. I'm presuming you entered into your agreement without doing so, as they would ensure you could pay within your means.

A trust deed, by the sounds of it, may not suit your needs as that requires some level of consistent contribution. Bankruptcy may be your best bet but I say that as someone without any training.

You should still have enough money to enjoy your life. Go and seek genuinely impartial advice, you will feel better for it.

Good luck!

Oh and I say this as someone who entered into a Trust Deed 3 years ago. They seem official but in practice I found my Accountancy in Bankruptcy most approachable and very, very friendly.

It really does sound daunting, it did for me too, but if so long as you adhere to the terms of your agreement and inform them of any change in your circumstances (for good or bad) then they are fine!

As I say, don't let it worry you (easier said than done) as there are people out there who WANT to help!

• Haha 1

Hi Revvy,

Thanks for the advice and the good wishes!

That has picked me right up! :)

I did have enough money to keep up the DMP when I signed up but I moved out of the marital home and found my self with more bills to pay. I just haven't told them that it's got harder for me as I was just trying to struggle on, I did't want to lower the payments as that would have taken me longer to pay it all off.

I would also have tried to struggle with a trust deed, pay as little as was allowed. Anyone know how much that would be?

Just so I could feel I had paid a little back.

I'd still like it please if someone could anwer the other questions I posted, before I book a Citizens Advice appointment. I want to feel confident before I go there.

Thanks again,

Kind regards! :)

Hi sick of it all, I know the prospect of losing a chance of a job is worrying you sick...it would for me to!

I worked for an Insolvency Practitioner a while ago and there were people who worked for the civil service, dwp etc in your position so I do not think it a problem once you work there. That is your private financial business, employers are not contacted to inform them specifically of this sort of thing.

I cannot say how it would affect an application though. There are certain jobs you are not allowed to do while in any form of bankruptcy (director, local government etc), but not what you are looking at. Problem is, a lot of places credit check now - but at least warn you in advance they will do this.

Just as Revvy said, you should speak to the citizens advice or a local welfare rights unit?

They are wonderful and you will not be held to anything just by telling them your circumstances. They can recomend options and who to go to (most citizen advices have insolvency practitioners etc they know and refer folk to).

The other thing is...have you looked into any of these debts? ie asked for agreements, see what legally enforceable, any charges you can reclaim to reduce the burden etc?

Just talking about it then starting to reclaim charges etc makes a lot of us feel like we are taking control of them...taking them on! Loads of help on here for all that.

If there's anything you think i can help with just shout....good luck!

• Haha 1

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hi Dipply75

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have looked through all th debts, and got some charges back etc

And yes that does feel good when you do all that.

I just have queries now before I take another step in my debt management.

Thanks for the advice about the job that really helped.

Kind regards :)

If I do end up going through Bankruptcy, at the moment it would be through LILA. Anyone have any experience of this?

Not sure what to do, maybe I should wait till I get a job and then try to have anough money for a trust deed. Anyone any ideas how much that would be per week for a £65,000 debt?

Also I live in a house owned by my mother, who doesn't talk to me but lets me live here because of the grandchildren. If I went through trust deed or bankruptcy would I have to involve her? I have no tenancy agreement and pay no rent. What would an IP make of my situation? (my mum is hardly likely to include me in her will, I have at the moment been written out of it in favour of my children)

So stressed by it all! :sad:

not personally but there is a couple of threads on here

it depends on how much income you have - remember not all trust deeds last for 3 years - they can be extended until all debts have been cleared.

It won't involve her as they will do a check to see who the house belongs to anyway and as long as you are not delcaring paying rent etc.

We cannot say to you go for xx - it has to be your decision and what you feel right with.

here is more info

National Debtline Scotland | Debt Advice | Factsheet 01 Bankruptcy

National Debtline Scotland | Debt Advice | Factsheet 22 Debt Arrangement Scheme

National Debtline Scotland | Debt Advice | Factsheet 21 Trust Deeds

also you can contact your local trading standatrds to speak to a money advisor face to face

or even you can call the number on the links as they tend to be the most helpful if you need to speak to someone if you are unsure

Ida x

• Haha 1

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

My partner has a trust deed, we were forced into debt by a set of very unlikely circumstances, we both became very ill because of it and we decided to go down the bankruptcy road, we were advised to think about a trust deed.

After looking at it he decided to do the trust deed, for us it has improved our lives no end, when you enter a trust deed, you cannot accumulate any debt, but you pay an affordable payment based on you current income and required outgoings, its a monthly payment for 3 years, he still has a bt phone but he pays it monthly, same with electricity and other regular bills.

We also no longer have letters and phone calls bombarding us, no threpts no demands and if we get anything we just call our trust deed people and they kick ass for us.

We own our home and the and of the td the only downside is that when we come out of our trust deed they may make us sell our home to release the equity but its not looking likely due to economic down turn, however we are prepared and the upside is, regardless of what happens we are both much happier, we have between 1 and 2 holidays per year (not big expensive ones) we can afford to go out for a nice meal or day out, we can do fun things, we get on better and our health has improved so much that my doctor has stopped treating me for high blood pressure.

Trust deeds are not for everyone but for us it has been up to now the best thing we could have done.

If you think you may want to do a trust deed my advise is to shop around for a really good company, take a very long list of written questions, we stayed for 4hrs asking questions when most preople take lest than an hr, dont be pushed into anything, dont be afraid to ask your questions and leave to think about it, you need to remember that this is a bussiness to them and they make money from your debt.

They take a payment, alot of it goes to them, the rest goes to the other creditors, so you are a customer of theirs as well they will be there when hour ready.

Good luck and try not to worry, if your in Scotland there is alot more protrection for you, make sure you get really good help from the best companies you can, if any of them try to rush you, run, if they are happy to do all they can for you good, if you go into a trust deed you are signing up for 3 years, you dont want a people you dont trust working for themselves and not for you.

:)

• Haha 1

Hi Ida,

Just put three signatures on the bank petition.

Thanks for the advice, I am all over the place!

Tried the CCCS debt remedy and it suggested LILA but it didn't mention Trust Deed, which I was hoping for.

I know LILA get the stress over more quickly but it's far more scarier than a trust deed!

Do you know anyone that has been through LILA? Is it very much different from Bankruptcy?

Thanks also to Peaopd01 for your support and advice.

It's a scarey time!! Glad your happy with your situation and most importantly your health is getting better xxx:)

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)