Alliance & Leicester.....now Moorcroft

mark247
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all,

Back in Oct 05 I was declared bankrupt, unfortunately my ex partner is being pursued by Moorcroft who took over the debt from A&L. I have mislaid my agreement in the split and all I now have is the account number from the old A&L letters.

I want to check if my ex actually signed the agreement and to check it for errors.

The loan was taken out in mid 2003. What is the best way to get a copy of the agreement as after spending time going over some threads I am not sure if the CCA method will be usefull if they dont have to send a copy of the original signed document.

Do I contact A&L or Moorcroft.

If they cant produce a document can defaults be removed from my ex's credit history?

Hope someone can help.

Best regards

Mark

Hello to all,

Back in Oct 05 I was declared bankrupt, unfortunately my ex partner is being pursued by Moorcroft who took over the debt from A&L. I have mislaid my agreement in the split and all I now have is the account number from the old A&L letters.

I want to check if my ex actually signed the agreement and to check it for errors.

The loan was taken out in mid 2003. What is the best way to get a copy of the agreement as after spending time going over some threads I am not sure if the CCA method will be usefull if they dont have to send a copy of the original signed document.

It's not perfect but can still give a very good indication as to what they may (or may not) have.

Do I contact A&L or Moorcroft.

Send it to Moorcroft. If they fail to send an enforceable agreement, simply place it in dispute and don't pay them.

If they cant produce a document can defaults be removed from my ex's credit history?

Very difficult

Hope someone can help.

Best regards

Mark

Print you name on the the request, don't sign it and send it recorded.

Moorcroft claim to have Pre- Court Divisions, Home Collection Divisions etc, (the next desk along), not forgetting Midas Legal- still Moorcroft.

In actual fact they are acting as agents for A&L and have no legal powers whatever and cannot bring action against you.

What they will do if they can't get any money out of you - is send it back to A&L.

David

If your partner is being pursued then she must make the request. Use cashins comments above as a guide.

In essence, if you took out the loan/whatever jointly then your agreement will allow the creditor to pursue either of you for the total debt (or such part of this as the other doesn't pay).

Was this debt included in your bankruptcy? Perhaps you should discuss this situation in detail with the OR/trustee.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)