Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 24th Sept is the last before the high interest loan applies. If BPF doesn't see the money from me on that day, then they expect me to pay 12000 over four years. That's crazy! Is anyone dealing with, exactly this situation already?

Im in the same situation, my payments were supposed to start end of June, in the process of trying to get them to freeze my account but they keep sending me BS letters and tell me I have to continue to pay the monthly installments.

Im in the same situation, my payments were supposed to start end of June, in the process of trying to get them to freeze my account but they keep sending me BS letters and tell me I have to continue to pay the monthly installments.

From this I understand that you choose not to pay and take the risk of paying double plus penalties. I honestly don't know what to do, I have something saved for this but it's far from being enough. I've thought of borrowing from my relatives and so try to get rid of the high interest but I see many of us here who are not paying and this is what I would like to do, but the fact that I have a sponsor and this makes this a bit complicated, really gives me headache. I don't know what to do. I haven't heard much from the legal team lately, about this, about sponsors, and it's a real fact that although I'm a part of the group, practically I'm not part of it, officially there are only a very few who are, from what I understood!

From this I understand that you choose not to pay and take the risk of paying double plus penalties. I honestly don't know what to do, I have something saved for this but it's far from being enough. I've thought of borrowing from my relatives and so try to get rid of the high interest but I see many of us here who are not paying and this is what I would like to do, but the fact that I have a sponsor and this makes this a bit complicated, really gives me headache. I don't know what to do. I haven't heard much from the legal team lately, about this, about sponsors, and it's a real fact that although I'm a part of the group, practically I'm not part of it, officially there are only a very few who are, from what I understood!

How do you mean that only a few are part of the group? have you signed up to Fuzzbutts legal group if so then the number is many hundreds, please explain your thinking?

How do you mean that only a few are part of the group? have you signed up to Fuzzbutts legal group if so then the number is many hundreds, please explain your thinking?

On a few pages back I think, I once read some posts, which said that until we sing an official agreement or something formal with the lawyer, we are not properly represented by the lawyer and I also understood that the one/ones who represent/s our group has done this.

On a few pages back I think, I once read some posts, which said that until we sing an official agreement or something formal with the lawyer, we are not properly represented by the lawyer and I also understood that the one/ones who represent/s our group has done this.

I think what you read was that the lawyers are still going through all our info we sent them and until it was put infront of a QC and he gave the nod that we have good case we do not actually have representation.. there is a sheet you sign at the time when you send in your documents I will need to check but I was under the impression that was the form that signs you up?

will check

I think what you read was that the lawyers are still going through all our info we sent them and until it was put infront of a QC and he gave the nod that we have good case we do not actually have representation.. there is a sheet you sign at the time when you send in your documents I will need to check but I was under the impression that was the form that signs you up?

will check

You might be right though! I must admit I'm not sure on this matter. Anyway it's worth enquiring.

will check

Just to confirm, the people who signed up for the group action and sent their documents back to Hausfeld will be representedby the lawyer. As I understand it, once this goes to court the list of people will be put before the judge/BPF (as Lowdown said - the form you were required to sign for Hausfeld). Until this does get to court we are all a bit out on a limb, and unfortunately the guarantors more so, though Hausfeld are looking at ways to include them via various legislation (that's still in progress).

Ok Thanks What was the Cardiff address 10pack

mercers debt collections ltd

po box 2502

Cardiff

CF23 0FQ

And out of info..

barclays partner finance

po box 2501

Cardiff

CF23 0FP

just about says it all..

Has anyone thought about offering BPF the cost of the books we received as payment? or does anyone think this is a bad idea?

Do you mean sending them the books for a refund??

I did not get any.. except that book with the test they gave you at the start before you started

Just to confirm, the people who signed up for the group action and sent their documents back to Hausfeld will be representedby the lawyer. As I understand it, once this goes to court the list of people will be put before the judge/BPF (as Lowdown said - the form you were required to sign for Hausfeld). Until this does get to court we are all a bit out on a limb, and unfortunately the guarantors more so, though Hausfeld are looking at ways to include them via various legislation (that's still in progress).

Hello Fuzz, just to ask I send my papers and all I got to our lawyer, are they supposed to call me or send me am email to confirm they got my documents??? Can u give some ligth to my brain??? Thank you! :)

Hello Fuzz, just to ask I send my papers and all I got to our lawyer, are they supposed to call me or send me am email to confirm they got my documents??? Can u give some ligth to my brain??? Thank you! :)

No they won't contact you at this stage, Infamous. The website adventstudents will carry all the latest news.

Hi Guys

Thought I would fill you in on latest news about adding notice of correction to a credit record.

just had word from Experian it will be added to my record in next day or so, anyone now attempting to check my credit history will see what is written there and can make up their own minds about what Barclays are doing.

On another note when I last spoke with Consumer direct they informed me that they are now well aware of what is going on with Barclays, they know its all over the internet about what is being done to us.

So please when you make comments remember to spell.. Barclays Partner Finance and.. Mercers debt collecting agency ltd correctly so that anyone browsing for info can find out just how this company treats its customers.

keep on the fight we will win no doubt about it :)

Hi all, just thought this might be useful for anyone to consider if they were with access 2 trades and now OLCI. Over the past few weeks I've been considering taking the training because I'm worried that if the group action isn't successful, it won't leave me with enough time to get the course done. Plus, my problem has never been with OLCI, it's always been with Barclays. I came to the decision to book onto the Plumbing Workshop 1 in Sept with the intention of doing Assessment 1 in Oct. When I called to book I was told the course structure has changed and you now need to do both Workshops 1 and 2 before doing Assessment 1. I took another look at the dates with this in mind and it turns out there's no Workshop 2 sessions available in October, there're just 2 in November which I'm not able to make and the dates for December haven't been released yet. The upshot of this being it'll be at least 4 months between me doing Workshop 1 and Assessment 1. Considering Assessment 1 is based largely on Workshop 1, this is very inconvenient to say the least and the course would take years to complete at that rate. Anyway, in the end I cancelled my booking and am going ahead with the group action. Just thought I'd write this for anyone else with OLCI that hasn't taken this into consideration yet.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks