Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I am ex Advent as well and do not want to pay for this thing! Ive spoken to Barclays on the phone a couple of times and basically dont want to know about it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I have received the "Gospel" in the mail a couply days ago which gave me some info but really need guidance in writing my complaint letters.

My direct Debit is due out of my account on the 30th of July. Due to having to repeat the whole course from start has made it a tedious task and has put me behind a year and I have lost interest.

Please Help!!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote from Sunday Mail article Nov 2009.....

Disgusted consumers turn on ‘shoddy’ complaints watchdog - Times Online

"Customers with grievances about their bank are being let down by a poorly trained and slapdash ombudsman, according to a whistleblower who used to work at the service.

The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), the independent body that settles disputes between banks and customers, lacks the expertise and resources to investigate complaints properly, the former employee alleges. Other critics, including independent financial advisers and lawyers, also accuse the ombudsman of bias in favour of the banks.

The FOS handles 170,000 cases every year and is the last hope for desperate consumers battling with the financial services industry.

Jane Sanders worked as an adjudicator at the FOS between 2006 and 2008, on £22,000 a year, and was “absolutely disgusted” at how the service is run. She says: “If adjudicators don’t meet their targets, they don’t get their bonus, so, of course, cases are going to be rushed through. My target was to close 3.5 cases every week....

Dennis Hall, of Yellow Tail Financial Planning, an independent financial adviser, has taken several complaints to the service involving investments or pensions on behalf of his clients. He says: “The ombudsman does not always have the technical knowledge to investigate cases properly; we had to explain to it the difference between initial charges and establishment charges, for example. There is also very little accountability and transparency, so it can be hard to see how the service reaches its decision.”....

An FOS spokesman says that more than 50 per cent of adjudicators are law graduates, but admits that there are no minimum qualifications for the job. He adds: “It’s important that we deal with our workload professionally and efficiently. This means setting targets and keeping to them.

“We resolve a third of cases within three months, but if consumers prefer a more detailed, and lengthy, investigation they are always able to ask for a full review and decision by an ombudsman.”"

Quote from this site.....When the FOS tells lies - WhatDoTheyKnow

"The Adjudicator

refused to examine my evidence against a bank, and accepted a

document from the bank that was never seen before by myself or my

solicitor. The bank refused to release it for examination for 17

months?...The bank was unable to provide any

proof of a debt then, or now, and all this was in my evidence? I

have a letter in my possession wherein the FOS has made false and

malicious allegations about me to the Treasury. The FOS know all

about this and could not care what damage has been done to my

family and our lives. The bank were jubilant at the support they

received from the FOS and they harassed and threatened us until my

wife collapsed out of fear for our security."

And from this article on Money Marketing....

'FSA and FOS staff must be trained above level four' | News | Money Marketing

"Advisers are calling on the FSA and the Financial Ombudsman Service to raise the qualifications of their staff above QCF level four and publicly declare each staff members’ credentials.

Syndaxi Chartered Financial Planners managing director Robert Reid says supervisors and adjudicators need to have equ-ivalent or higher qualifications than the advisers they supervise."

I did wonder if the file for my case could be copied to me so I can see exactly what lies BPF are feeding FOS that I don't get a chance to see and comment on. Seems not an option, to judge from this FOS publication....

"We are not at present subject to the Freedom of Information Act. But the Justice Minister announced in March 2010 that the Act would be extended to cover us (probably with effect from October 2011) – which is something we welcome."

freedom of information and data protection

OMG!, guys, i have been a little awy for a little time, but I have been checking the Forum, I join Fuzz and the Lawyers, I will send some more stuff soon!

I just finishing Speaking with some Guy from Barclays, a very nice guy, and After the converzation, he asked me about the new provider and i said what i feel!

AND HE SAID: " THEY SHOULDN'T MAKE YOU SING UP IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, IS NOT FAIR"

the same people that work for them!!!!

He didn't mind get in trouble for that!

wow! :lol:

Random Question:

I have already paid my loan off before the uber interest kicked in, would I still need to write to BPF to tell them my account is in dispute?

Edit: Forgot to add that I recieved my gospel letter on Saturday, quite an interesting read.

I'm in the same position, Savarok. I wrote and asked for a refund under S75 CCA and mis-selling after Advent went bust. You can guess the rest......:mad:

Although people in our position don't have the harrasment issues those still owing money have, all the issues of mis-selling, like-for-like etc stand.

Hi guys I was thinking if the Hitachi guys got their money back what was the reason i.e did Hitachi agree that s75 came into it or was their contract so different to ours that the same arguments don't apply could we contact them to find out?

Hi guys I was thinking if the Hitachi guys got their money back what was the reason i.e did Hitachi agree that s75 came into it or was their contract so different to ours that the same arguments don't apply could we contact them to find out?

Hi alfman I asked same question end of march on the Hitachi thread and this is one of the replies I got main point being I think Hitachi have not supplied a new provider rendering s75 applicable.

]Quote from Davidbetts Quote] Hitachi thread

Hi Bluedo,

Im guessing the main difference is Hitachi have nothing to gain as it is interest free and that most of us have probably progressed further/paid more and been on the course longer than the BPF guys - making it not viable to go with another provider.

Hitachi seem to be willing to write off around 50% for most people (around 2000) whereas BPF will lost several times that. There are also a LOT less people on Hitachi than BPF as evidenced by the size of both threads.

does any one now what i should do next, i signed up for advent training and i havent even started training with advent, they have offered me an alternative company, computeach,

I didnt sign up for them and i dont want to continue with computeach, has any one been in a similar position and resolved it, as i now think im stuck with a 6k debt

does any one now what i should do next, i signed up for advent training and i havent even started training with advent, they have offered me an alternative company, computeach,

I didnt sign up for them and i dont want to continue with computeach, has any one been in a similar position and resolved it, as i now think im stuck with a 6k debt

I am in exactly the same situ as you.

I signed up mid december.. but because I was going abroad for the Christmas and not going to be back in UK until 18th January I did not actually start my training.

When I got back I had already by this time already made one payment.. I missed the opportunety to even review the training finance.. mail arrived while I was away.. and first I knew about advent going bust was I noticed an email in my spam box.. I thought it was a wind up at first until I checked on the internet.

I phoned BPF begining of Febuary and the rep told me not to worry BPF was looking for an alternative training company and it had to be as good as or better than advent.. otherwise I could sue them.. he said jokingly.

After I found out the alternative was computeach I tried to get my loan with BPF cancelled.. I told them I had already been a student with computeach and I would never never train with that company again.

I was told that I had to accept them even though I did not wish to, the reply was I could refuse and not take the training.. but I still had to pay... I asked if I could have my account on hold repeatedly and its been refused

At the moment I am £312 odd in arrears and I had my threat letter of mercers the other week.. I phoned and again asked if I could have my account put on hold and was told no I had to pay or else.

I told the rep while the options are computeach or else!.. I was not going to accept the options and now I will refuse any company they try to offer me.. they have wasted my time they have caused me stress and I no longer wish to be a customer of Barclays.

So I am signed up with the Legal team to take Barclays Partner Finance to court.. they are not an ethical company.. they only look at the profits and bonus.. and do not look after their customers.

Edited by 10pack

Hello there!! This has been going on for too much time! This destroys me psychically and yet the same talks, attempts and complaints like when it started! I rely on Fuzzbutt and the legal team, cause they seem the best option and I know it takes time and patience and I'm very grateful to them and still I'm starting to wonder and ask my self for how long this will go?

Wow,

In light of the decisions made by the fos so far i have just sent them and email to try and strengthen my argument.

It was failry long but my points in a nutshell are.

1. The value of Computeachs offering being considerably less the the advent course fees.

2. I included that table showing the differences in practical days.

3. I included the statement made by the Computeach MD that they cannot offer the same as advent.

Have you guys put this in your complaints? do you think this will make any difference?

Hi, Where can I find the statement by the Computeach MD that they cannot offer the same as advent?? Could you maybe post the differences you showed? It would help to strengthen my argument too.

had mercers on the phone today first time I have answered in 3 months and have been given 2 weeks phone call rest bite ( we'll see) so they can investigate my issues with them. The woman said that callers are the next step.

What are our rights with this? I always thought they needed a court order to seize property to pay debt is this true?

The woman said that callers are the next step.

What are our rights with this? I always thought they needed a court order to seize property to pay debt is this true?

They would have to take you to court first.

Then you are means tested for repayment.

Then if you fail to make the payment set by the court,

they then go back to apply for a county court bailiff.

[Plenty of advice on this site about that]

As far as doorstep collectors - you may want to point out to them [ Mercers] they have less powers than the postman [ as has been said on here many times]

If a collector from Mercers turns up - ask him to go,

If he wont, call the Police and claim you are being threatened and intimidated.The Police do take it seriously these days.

How ever if your account is in dispute, i think a complaint to the FSA might be in order, BPF [Mercers] clearly breaking set guidlines.

Hello there!! This has been going on for too much time! This destroys me psychically and yet the same talks, attempts and complaints like when it started! I rely on Fuzzbutt and the legal team, cause they seem the best option and I know it takes time and patience and I'm very grateful to them and still I'm starting to wonder and ask my self for how long this will go?

Could be a long time yet I'm afraid, Malchus.

FUZZBUTT ANNOUNCEMENT - Please see student website for today's update.

Contact Fuzzbutt for any questions about the Action website!!

Hey Fuzz,

Looks like they have backtracked on the section 75 argument they quite clearly say that section 75 applies. Also they say disclosing how they arrived at Computeach is irrelevant, but they will give us the leaflet LOL!!

I think they are stalling for time in a big way!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks