Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I suspect BPF won't in fact pay them all of the money until their contract is completed.

David

This well may be true.I emailed Computeach and asked to be removed from their database, and outlined all the reasons why i will not sign up with CT.I have had a reply email [ yesterday] Asking me to reconsider as it is in my interest, and i must pay BPF.I got the impression it was

gentle threats.In my Email I also asked CT to outline the 'like for like' with Advent.They did not outline anything to do with the 'Like for Like'.

Could be that they have now been told not to bulls##t anymore for legal reasons...

Who knows.....

Oh well all part of the Fiasco, and a rather strange one at that.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am wondering if Barclays will payup front again like they did with advent.

I noted that computeach have a monthly subscription service.. as they put it like a monthy phone.. so barclays would only need to pay each month once studies commenced.

do the subscription payments demands stop if you stop studying? I doubt it

Guys, i am using Glasgow address since my last letter from BPF was addressed from Glasgow, so i cant see any reason to answer to another BPF address. However my last letter is still "progressed through mail network"....? Its almost 3 weeks, weird, anybody have similiar issue? It was answer for Default Notice, and now im sending account in dispute letter to the same address...

Look:

Item AG********* was posted at **********on 13/04/10 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.

Are we supposed to track any address changes of business, since we have no official information? So if letter comes back undelivered, it counts as delivered or ?

What you think guys?

Edited by adinmatty

Guys, i am using Glasgow address since my last letter from BPF was addressed from Glasgow, so i cant see any reason to answer to another BPF address. However my last letter is still "progressed through mail network"....? Its almost 3 weeks, weird, anybody have similiar issue? It was answer for Default Notice, and now im sending account in dispute letter to the same address...

Look:

Item AG********* was posted at **********on 13/04/10 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.

Are we supposed to track any address changes of business, since we have no official information? So if letter comes back undelivered, it counts as delivered or ?

What you think guys?

Does not mean it was not delivered.. had many times tried to track item I have sent special delivery and it showed as not yet delivered.. but I know it was.

I even set something to Italy it was international signed for.. and 2 weeks later item had not arrived.. and yet the post tracking page showed getting ready to be shipped ie not even left UK.. it was lost according to post office.. I think it was delivered and the b*****d claimed he had not had it.. could not prove it.. and it took months to claim my money back

Edited by 10pack

I would just like to thank Fuzzbutt and Bluedo you guys have been a massive help for me and I imagine most of us on here keep up the good work and if you guys need any help just pm me.

Hiya all

Just wanted to ask what everyone is doing regarding the sign up email from compufail? I have no plans of training with them but was just curious if i need to let them know that my account is in dispute with BPF? Ive been getting emails from them trying to put the pressure on me signing up with them.

Or should i just blatantly ignore them?

Thanks all

Hiya all

Just wanted to ask what everyone is doing regarding the sign up email from compufail? I have no plans of training with them but was just curious if i need to let them know that my account is in dispute with BPF? Ive been getting emails from them trying to put the pressure on me signing up with them.

Or should i just blatantly ignore them?

Thanks all

Hi Wowhead,

I am ignoring them.

I don't think it's any of their business what we're doing, do you notice they've tried the job carrot and the testimonials from unknown Advent student that's done more in 2 weeks than all their time with Advent amazing.:eek:

If they think anyone is going to fall for any of their sly selling techniques again they're thicker than I thought

Our Dispute is with BPF it should be BPF sorting this out not us.

Hi there everyone involved in the 'Advent' [problem].

I am 20 years old and am paying for the tution fee's (loan provided by Barclays partner finance) by direct debit every month. This is £98.17 each month. I have recenlty come in to financial difficults because of hours being cut in work, i can no longer pay for the course.

Is there anyway out at all?? my account is on hold at the moment like suggested by everyone on here, so thank you all for advice so far its been a real help 2 know that other people r helping eachother out.

Has anyone thought about disputing the fact that in the contract we signed it said that 'Advents gaurantee to us would be that we finish the course'?? well they havent upheld that part of the contract because we are not finishing the course with advent, and the compucrap course is no where near like for like.

any help or feed back would be much appreciated!

thankyou all :)

Dear Sirs,

I reviewed your service before considering any IT training and decided not to sign up with you then because all of the reviews said Computeach was crap. I find it Highly unlikely that anything has changed in addition to this i am also aware of the current Legal action against Computeach by some of your so called students (victims). Under section 75 i have the right to cancel the finance contract in events such as this. I fully intend to advise as many former advent students as i can about all of your bad reviews and the fact that Barclays has no legal basis to make us continue to pay the finance. I already know of four ex-advent students who after registering with you have decided your service is very poor and will now be seeking legal advice.

No ex advent student has to continue to pay Barclays, in any event Computeach is not a Law firm and are not qualified to advise ex advent students in any way. I have forwarded the below email to the Office of fair trading as you are now misleading Ex advent students into signing up for your course.

,Mustard

Screw them i am declaring war on Computeach and BPF i have totally had enough. These people are con artists!!! i intend to post in as many places as possible about how truly poor both of these firms are.

Screw them i am declaring war on Computeach and BPF i have totally had enough. These people are con artists!!! i intend to post in as many places as possible about how truly poor both of these firms are.

They deserve all they get :-o

Mail Delivery System to me

show details 3:13 PM (15 minutes ago)

Thank you for your email.

Following the takeover of Advent Computer Training Limited by Computeach we are currently integrating the student data from the Advent systems into the Computeach systems. Until this integration is complete we are unable to deal with specific student queries. For the answers to generic queries you can read our Frequently Asked Questions at Frequently Asked Questions (you will need to copy and paste this address into your browser) or you can call our helpline on 0845 218 0252.

Once we have integrated all the data we will be in touch with you to explain the next steps. We expect that this process should take no more than 2 weeks.

Kind regards

Computeach International Ltd

I just got this reply LOL!!! they said two weeks four weeks ago rofl!!! I love it if either of these firms had a leg to stand on they would come here and try to argue their point.

Hi there everyone involved in the 'Advent' [problem].

I am 20 years old and am paying for the tution fee's (loan provided by Barclays partner finance) by direct debit every month. This is £98.17 each month. I have recenlty come in to financial difficults because of hours being cut in work, i can no longer pay for the course.

Is there anyway out at all?? my account is on hold at the moment like suggested by everyone on here, so thank you all for advice so far its been a real help 2 know that other people r helping eachother out.

Has anyone thought about disputing the fact that in the contract we signed it said that 'Advents gaurantee to us would be that we finish the course'?? well they havent upheld that part of the contract because we are not finishing the course with advent, and the compucrap course is no where near like for like.

any help or feed back would be much appreciated!

thankyou all :)

Hi Milky1,

There has been a Class Action Lawsuit arranged that if you don't want to accept Computeach as your new provider and you now dispute this with BPF then you can join by emailing [email protected] leave your real name and your email address and who you are funded by you will then be sent a link to a website that will have all the info for you.

Join the fight. You will also need to put your account in legal dispute template on the website now.

Welcome aboard.

If you intend to Email Computeach - use this contact.

If you voice your distaste with them and point out like for like,

and all the complaints etc

She will get back pretty quick, with a load of nonsense,

None the less - comical reading.

Customer Care Supervisor

Customer Care | Computeach Limited

[email protected]

08456 099020

Edited by alanfromderby

I just got this reply LOL!!! they said two weeks four weeks ago rofl!!! I love it if either of these firms had a leg to stand on they would come here and try to argue their point.

That seems to be what their students complaints are what they say and what they do are not the same so I take it in 2 weeks it'll be another 2 weeks like what Barclay did when they were sourcing them yet there's a post on this forum way back at the beginning this one comment from an advent worker

I would also like to point out to you to get the good deals with Barclays Finance we also had to pay them a fee for each finance package the students had.

Another post from an advent worker isn't it interesting that on the 28th January that an Advent worker should be trying to put us on to Computeach.

Bet you anything this was the plan all along. :mad:

View First Unread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread

28th January 2010, 19:04 #201 (permalink)

Lindsey0796

Basic Account Holder

Protect your signature with SignGuard

Cagger since : Mar 2009

re: Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

Also on a more serious note, the only company you really want your training switched to is Computeach, they now stand alone as Barclays did exactly the same to them last year, but as they had been around for a much longer time where able to weather the storm.

If Barclays changed your training provider please also check the following and if they are not registered with these companies they are not the equivelant:

Microsoft Gold Partner

CompTIA Learning Alliance Partner

Institute of IT Training Gold Standard Accredited Training Provider

Authorised Pearson View Test Centre

REC Member

Advent were at this level, therefore your new training provider should have to be too otherwise you should be able to say its not the same as the contract and you want your money back!

Dont forget these things to:

You had a no fail guarantee on your exams.

A careers team to assist you into work.

Free Phone Line.

Min 2 x training days per module.

All course work was from that govening body, for instance Microsoft. It was not skills train dare I say that provided people with Course work 2 years out of date and we ahd just introduced Microsoft Server 2008 and Windows 7 to the Certified Professional Programme.

Your new training provider must offer you these things!

Computeach are changing the story now that they give out when people contact them. When I was doing a little snooping, pretending to be a potential new student, I was told (in an email I still have) that there are no free resits (you pay) and after a year is up you pay on a month by month basis (no all inclusive, open ended study at your own pace).

CT charge £1,765 per year, Advent charged me £4,950 for the (extendable if needed) 2 year period. 2 years with CT would be £3,530, still a difference of £1,420.

Hmmm, and I wonder who is pocketing the difference in the fees, cos I haven't seen Barclays beating a path to my door with the offer of any partial money back, despite insisting I accept CT? :-x

Hi Wowhead,

I am ignoring them.

I don't think it's any of their business what we're doing, do you notice they've tried the job carrot and the testimonials from unknown Advent student that's done more in 2 weeks than all their time with Advent amazing.:eek:

If they think anyone is going to fall for any of their sly selling techniques again they're thicker than I thought

Our Dispute is with BPF it should be BPF sorting this out not us.

I totally agree, Bluedo.

I am not responding to any emails or letters from CompT.

Barclays is the enemy and my focus is on getting my money back from them.

Barclays did exactly the same to them last year, but as they had been around for a much longer time where able to weather the storm.quote]

what do you make of that statement out of the post above Fuzz there's more than meets the eye here.

I'm suspicious too, Bluedo, that there are some incestuous links between Advent and Computeach, hence the big sell on CT now. I'd say too that BPF are desperate for us to sign up with CT, why exactly I'm not sure but I suspect there's money in it somewhere (after all, Barclays don't do anything out of the goodness of their heart or in the best interests of their customers!)

Interesting too that Barclays rejected other offers from another IT training provider (can't recall the name now- ITCL?) who made a public statement they'd be glad to take the ex-Advent students on. Yet they decide on CT with their appalling record!

I'm suspicious too, Bluedo, that there are some incestuous links between Advent and Computeach, hence the big sell on CT now. I'd say too that BPF are desperate for us to sign up with CT, why exactly I'm not sure but I suspect there's money in it somewhere (after all, Barclays don't do anything out of the goodness of their heart or in the best interests of their customers!)

Interesting too that Barclays rejected other offers from another IT training provider (can't recall the name now- ITCL?) who made a public statement they'd be glad to take the ex-Advent students on. Yet they decide on CT with their appalling record!

Your right fuzz this stinks between them and I'd be interested to know how many ex Advent students actually signed up with CT. If it's a handful then the majority have rejected this, then perhaps the contract is not being fulfilled till they get us to sign up. They are all in cahoots and we can stand up to them if we don't get intimidated by them. They are not above the law.

I think it is because Compufail are in financial difficulty so Barclays are trying to send us all over there to prop them up and avoid Compufail failing and making their problem bigger.

That's a good possibility Mustard but won't work we will likely now be the ones to kick the prop away and down they'll fall as the legal action against them is underway that must go against them too that they're trying to still con when they're being Sued. Bloody cheek of them :-o

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks