Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks BlueDo, for an experiment I have just printed and preparing to send a CCA letter of request to both Marehill Finance and BPF. On the assumption that if Marehill Finance no longer exist they will struggle to provide me with the information = I can cancel the direct debit and then just have BPF to deal with. I would rather bang my head against a wall than write to those sharks at CT as they are not sympathetic to individual needs nor willing to help.

yes they sold us to computeach thats how they got our email addres.

I am still wondering about my earlier thoughts about they have div'd up the cash that was originally paid up front by the banks and finance companies.. and they are back for a second slice.

If it could be proved that such a thing has happened...

Whats to stop them cleaning out their accounts like advent did and going bust as well

I haven't had a chance to read 2100+ threads, but if it was me in some people's situation then I would not be paying a penny, it seems blatantly obvious that the contract/agreement will not be fulfilled....this just sounds a little similar to the Park Hampers situation from a few years ago. If there are those that have paid and it is unlikely that they are going to be getting anything else from this company then it would seem to be an unlawful recission of contract on their part.....I would write/use Consumer Direct / Trading Standards / Local MP / OFT and the FOS. Were they part of any governing association or trade body ? Also it might be worth contacting the official receiver too. If there is a lawyer representing one or a few then hopefully it should filter through to the rest of those in a similar situation. If any people do get contacted by a debt collector, then let us know.....

Thanks for the information 42man the fact that we've been crippled by a debt through trying to better ourselves and get into a secure job we are not in a position to pay more to get out of this mess a lot of us have been left unemployed and are not in a position to pay to get out of this mess.

But that's how they work and they know full well how to sell these courses

I said before and I'll say again This is nothing but a money making scheme between Training companies and their Funders.It's criminal and shouldn't be allowed to keep happening.

Thanks for all the support and helpful information from CAG team

I received a letter today they are still looking at my complaint hoping to have it resolved by 12th April it also says to I can refer my complaint to Finance and Leasing Association for their assistance. so guess that's their governing body

Edited by Bluedo

If your contract had already expired at Feb 17th 2010 then you are able to continue your training with Computeach but this will require further financial outlay this was in the email under advent student FAQ's When i signed up with advent the sales rep told me that there was no time scale and the contract ended when we pass the course he made me belive that i had all the time in the world anyone else promised this defo not like for like in my case.

Hi, Beedles. Just read these FAQs myself. The Advent salesperson told me that the average CDS student can complete the course in about 12 months (probably why she put my end date 12 months from the start date). I now know that this is very unrealistic. Others seem to have been offered longer.

She also said that I would have full support from Advent for as long as I needed it and that there would be NO additional costs. It took me 10 months to achieve my A+. I had never looked inside a computer before I started the course. The A+ represents the knowledge expected of an IT Technician who has spent 9 months working full time as an IT Technician. I don't work in IT and thought that I did well to complete A+ in the space of 10 months. I was hoping, however, to at least have started my last module within two years and have started work as a Database Administrator (all through Advent).

In my now terminated contract, it states that the "Term" means:

"the period starting on the Contract Start Date and ending on the earlier of the date when you pass the final certification examination which forms part of your course and the date two years from the Contract Start Date ("Relevant Date") unless the initial term is extended as set out in paragraph 10.2 when the Relevant Date shall be the date of the extended term."

(My paragraph 10.2 simply states "The Contract will terminate immediately in the event of your death" - I don't know how that extends the term of the Contract!!)

I would like to hear from all the other "average" students who completed the CDS course (Database Administrator) in around 12 months - or am I just thicker than the "average" student?

I wonder which date Computeach will be looking at? Hmmmm....

I'm certainly not going to pay more for something I thought I'd already paid for.

I know this isn't our beef but Timeshare too:shock: They've had a hand in this too

With hindsight, the big suprise is that BPF lasted as long as it did.

With the move to Cardiff BPF is being intergrated with their other operations, effectively they will cease to exist as a seperate entity although the name may still be used.

news5

It seems that the BPF CEO who left in December 2009, has managed to get another job - with a debt collection company.

David

With hindsight, the big suprise is that BPF lasted as long as it did.

With the move to Cardiff BPF is being intergrated with their other operations, effectively they will cease to exist as a seperate entity although the name may still be used.

news5

It seems that the BPF CEO who left in December 2009, has managed to get another job - with a debt collection company.

David

Hi David,

Well he'll fit right into that roll they've been behaving like debt collectors already in his previous roll. It's just a circle of rotten businesses with one aim and they don't care who get's trampled on in fact they are targeting the most vulnerable. But the more people that find this site and become aware of their rights the less they'll be able to treat people so badly. My eyes have been opened on here and the help is excellent.:)

Hi all, am i correct in thinking BPF can't start up monthly direct debits from my account again (i bank with barclays) without my permission via me getting in touch with them etc (which i haven't, and wont, nor will i be contacting CT or responding to their email either) i cancelled the DD two months ago via BPF once i got the email from advent to announce they were no longer. can someone tell me? i folllow all your entries everyday now, it's all such a worry-and so confusing:(

Petition to: Request money back for students of the collapsed IT Firm Advent Consulting Ltd. | Number10.gov.uk

Will phone Moore and Tibbs on Tuesday.

Chris - No Barclays can't re-activate your dd without your permission. They will, though, start to issue you with letters threatening action in due course.

Guys - hold fire on paying money to any solicitor just yet.

The CAG team are putting together some info and standard letters which covers everyones issues (see recent posts over the last few pages).

Patience is a virtue.

Hold fire and see what they advise first.

There's no rush. After all, BPF have kept us all holding onto their next word for 2 months!

Meanwhile, make sure you have lodged your complaint with the Financial Ombudsmen and your local trading standards office.

First of all thanks to all for the info provided on this thread from day one as it has kept me still sane and with hope. Just so everyone is up to date with my situation I was due to start paying the ridiculous loan and interest back on the 07/02/10 for my CDS course (database administrator). As soon as I received the email from Advent I did a web search and found this thread and got my account frozen. I am extremely confident we all have a solid case and I for one will not back down NEVER!!! p.s sorry if the post is a bit long winded.

Not long winded at all, Jester. There's light at the end of the tunnel so don't panic.

Yes, you're right this is a solid case.

I'm sure the CAG team will keep us all up to speed as they are 'on the case'. We'll know more after the Easter break, I'm sure.

1. What is the latest position?

On 31 March 2010 the Administrators sold certain assets of Advent to Computeach International Limited

(“Computeach”).

Going forward, Computeach will be providing training services to Advent’s students. Computeach have

put arrangements in place to contact students and will provide full details about Computeach and the

training they will provide as soon as possible.

http://www.pkf.co.uk/advent

Umm, Advent & CT ? CT and ADVENT?

Me thinks this stinks!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks