Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wont hold me breath until I get the letter.

Even so, under ALL agrements "consumer rights" if we are not hapy with the product or service WE can take action against them.

Personally, I have lost 8 weeks that I cannot gain back in study time and my employer won't extend any allowances they have made for me over the duration that the course would take.

When I handed my money over at least I knew what i was buying, in the sence that the location of advent was good, I had seen the facilities, (or so i thought at the time!!).

If i wanted to go with computeach i would of signed up with them....

Would you accept this if you were buying a BMW and then you were offered a Hyundi, it's still a car I guess "they" can argue?

I have had enough, i'm going to continue with getting my money back, with my solicitor.

If i could suggest anything to you ALL reject the offer and we WILL get our money back.

Exactly it is a Bank who are they to tell us we have to accept anything? there is nothing in the agreement that states we have to accept whatever they make us.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're right a4ron we'll stick to our guns no way would I sign up with Computeach they're all over forums with complaints and by the way the same grievances as we had with Advent. Stick to your guns

Do computeach provide all the same services that advent did?

I'm sure barclays have wormed into some sort of loophole and thats why they picked them.

If I recieve a letter saying its computeach I wont be accepting it thats for sure.

Do computeach provide all the same services that advent did?

I'm sure barclays have wormed into some sort of loophole and thats why they picked them.

If I recieve a letter saying its computeach I wont be accepting it thats for sure.

Savarok go back to the list of threads at the very bottom check out "COMPUTEACH! OR WILL THEY" Someone wanting a refund from them Oh !!and they're also financed by Barclay's Partner Finance.

:!: WARNING :!:

If I were you a lot I would run for the hills.

I used to work for Computeach and you guys have got problems.

The directors of Advent used to work for CT and they set up a rival company due to the fact CT had a bad reputation. A few years down the line and they have now sent all of their students back to CT.

I thought Barclays or PKF where supposed to find you a new provider who was similar if not better. Well CT is a lot worse and you will find out why.

When I worked there, they had a policy of making sure you could not complete the course. They would make you pass an internal exam at 98% before they allowed you to take the real exam. It would take a student on average 12 months to complete the A+, where with other providers you can complete in 1 month.

If you ever get to take your Microsoft exams, you will be studying for 2003 Server exams, when other providers are offering 2008 Server exams, blimey they are 7 years behind.

If I were you lot, I would fight this all of the way and don’t give up until it is sorted

Guys,

I'm just re-posting my notice from Wednesday as a bit of a reminder.

The computerteach information will not stop me now, i hope there are many of you out there who share my opinion.

Lets get sending these letters (SEE BELOW)

I have just returned from my meeting with a solicitor, he thinks I have a strong case against Barclays Partner Finance, he has got to look through all the documents that I have provided but the next step is for a strong letter to Barclays asking them to stop stalling and start reimbursing the money.

He is confident that the letter will, kick Barclays into gear and I will get a proper response rather than a template letter. When we get a response depends on how we can act next, basically Barclays will consult there legal advisers and proceed accordingly.

I did mention that there are a lot of other students in the same boat as me and would he look at representing us all if we wanted to take this further, he thinks that the more people who contact him the more clout we will have if we unite we can also split costs.

So if anyone would like to join me in this is what you need to do.

Make copies of all the following documents and send/e-mail to him [email protected]

· Advent Enrolment form

· Barclays Letters and agreement

· Your letters sent to Barclays

· You MUST put in your letter or e-mail that this is to do with advent computer training, Reference the meeting with Aaron Vowles on 24th March, “I have a similar case and would like to be included”.

Solicitor Contact Details:

Moore & Tibbits

34 High Street

Warwick

CV 34 4BE

Tel: 01926 491181

Fax: 0126 402692

E-mail: [email protected]

Nothing is done unless you give it the okay, so there is no charge unless you want something doing, what is there to loose?

Savarok go back to the list of threads at the very bottom check out "COMPUTEACH! OR WILL THEY" Someone wanting a refund from them Oh !!and they're also financed by Barclay's Partner Finance.

Theres no chance I want CT as my provider, infact the only provider and training classes I need are my local waterstones for the books and my desk to study on!

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/law/article1496294.ece

A4ron this is not to deflect from your solicitor I may have to join you on that action but I've made enquiries with Hausfeld&co and awaiting to hear what they say Fuzzbutt has sent some docs to them and will know by end of the week. I'm kinda hoping they'll help us too. the more cases against them the better.

will someone please tell me if this link doesn't work

Edited by Bluedo
link was obviously not working

Thanks TomBL for the warning

We WILL keep fighting and it can only add weight to our fight if we gather enough info on CT their reputation has preceeded them and it's not good.

Can we have you as a witness if we need you Tom? pm me a contact for you if down the line we need you.

Edited by Bluedo

Hi People

I have just spoken to Barclays Partner Finance, the lady I was speaking to said that they have found the new provider and its computeach..

ALL OF US SHOULD STICK TOGETHER AND NOT ACCEPT IT..

She claims that they will be providing the same thing as Advent, but im sure all of us have had enough of this crap and especially the way we have been treated throughout this whole thing..

We all should research and come together with the bad points about this company and put it forward to Barclays to why the hell we dont want this crappy provider !

COME ON GUYS, STICK TOGETHER ALL THE WAY !!!!

I just have to say that this is a farce! When I originally researched IT distance learning I considered CT but chose not to use them because it didnt suit me and there was alot of negative press surrounding them. I will not now have a gun held to my head and be told that i have to take my training with them. I chose Advent and they are now no longer trading so i want a refund as i have not received what i paid for. Is that not common sense?? This is getting so silly. :-x

I have just had a look at computeach's website and they dont appear to be partnered with PROMETRIC, well advent was. What do you reckon would this be a case for it not being equal or better training. On another note when I first looked into IT training I made an appoinment with computeach. They diddnt even bother to turn up or ring to let me know they wouldnt make it, then 3 days later they were ringing to find out why I didnt want to sign with them. Bunch of cowboys there is no way I am going to accept this.

Hi People

I have just spoken to Barclays Partner Finance, the lady I was speaking to said that they have found the new provider and its computeach..

ALL OF US SHOULD STICK TOGETHER AND NOT ACCEPT IT..

She claims that they will be providing the same thing as Advent, but im sure all of us have had enough of this crap and especially the way we have been treated throughout this whole thing..

We all should research and come together with the bad points about this company and put it forward to Barclays to why the hell we dont want this crappy provider !

COME ON GUYS, STICK TOGETHER ALL THE WAY !!!!

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! NO WAY DO I WANT COMPUTEACH, THANKS BARCLAYS! WHAT A [problem]!

I'll take heed of TomBL's warning above (as an ex employee he should know). I've also done some googling and Computeach comes up looking bad in a number of reviews and complaints. Check this out for a start....

Computeach reviews? | Mr Daz

If I'm not mistaken, we can still contest this on Consumer Credit Act breach of contract due to-

length of time for Barclays to sort this out

fact that Advent is no more and my contract was with them, by my own choice - not a bankers!

There's also the the like for like issue, and mis-selling/pressured selling.

I'm just waiting to hear what Hausfeld come back with, but may still go with A4ron's solicitor yet. We haven't had an official letter yet from Barclays announcing this Computeach sell out so we haven't got the evidence to contest yet.

I certainly don't intend having Computeach foisted onto me, and especially with their reputation - out of the frying pan!!! :-x

One thing I noticed today is that Computeach dont seem to do the CISCO route. Surely that means that Barclays have not provided equal trianing. The course we have booked on we cannot complete as CT dont sem to offer that. have I missed it. So I chose Advent over some other companies because they went the whole CISCO training route and that cannot be completed. Does anyone know if that means we can just claim back the money as they cannot provide the training that we booked??

thanks

Someone on MSE forum phoned computeach and asked how much their course cost.

They said....

"Just went to the computeach website and left details for information on cost. Apparantly the course fee is time linked. If you can spend the time on it the course completed in 1 year would cost approx £1200, wanted to have a chat regarding my requirements and went a bit quiet when i mentioned my course with advent and the finance with Barclays personal "

So will we be refunded in my case £9800 I don't think so. As that's the rubbish they spout to sign you up knowing full well the course cannot be achieved in 1year.

"Someone else posted on here that they had to keep paying more money as the course finished and they hadn't completed it and wanted course materials which they wouldn't give them that had been paid for and CT wanted more money for to let them continue"

Well if this is BPF's idea of providing a service then they have duly failed this will be why they wouldn't say who it was before cos these cowboys are in their back pocket.

Would we need to sign a new contract to accept this BPF were saying before even if you don't accept the new provider we'd still need to pay but they've forgot an important fact Advent have Breached the contract and they have failed to produce a SUITABLE provider. so Provider will be disputed and keep gathering a case to get our money back.

"If you received unsatisfactory goods or services paid for under this agreement you may have the right to sue the supplier us or both"

I'd go for both what you think guys.

"If you received unsatisfactory goods or services paid for under this agreement you may have the right to sue the supplier us or both"

I agree.

Computeach was not my choice and I have no contract with them. Period.

I agree.

Computeach was not my choice and I have no contract with them. Period.

We just need to hang on in there a good point is on the mis-selling is that MCSE should not have been sold to us unless we were employed in the IT industry and have had 18month experience.

Does Barclay's really think they can just transfer all the Advent students and that it'll be forgotten about.

See when they sent out this week Default letters and demands that's how arrogant they are because they could have just as easy sent out the new provider letters but no they want to rub our noses in it to get back at the complaint letters likely:-x

Hi this is my first post on here. I have been readin this forum quietly for a while and all the advice has been great. Same story here, doing the MCSE course and started March 2009. i'm really worried now as a new provider has been found.

I sent a complaint to BPF about 6/7 weeks ago and the have not even sent me a letter saying they are dealing with it.

there is no way I can even afford to start paying the loan, originally the same as everyone else I was told that I would be in a well paid job by this point. how can they make us pay for something we can't even afford as we hove not got the jobs they promised us in order to pay for it.

This is awfull and I wish I had never heard of the whole thing

Hi this is my first post on here. I have been readin this forum quietly for a while and all the advice has been great. Same story here, doing the MCSE course and started March 2009. i'm really worried now as a new provider has been found.

I sent a complaint to BPF about 6/7 weeks ago and the have not even sent me a letter saying they are dealing with it.

there is no way I can even afford to start paying the loan, originally the same as everyone else I was told that I would be in a well paid job by this point. how can they make us pay for something we can't even afford as we hove not got the jobs they promised us in order to pay for it.

This is awfull and I wish I had never heard of the whole thing

Hi Boosh

You're right this is a nightmare like you I wish I'd never heard of them stick with us and if a class action lawsuit can be arranged then join in I think it's our only chance to stick together a mass lawsuit will be stronger than a lot of wee individual cases s75 of the cca and the frustrated contract and the mcse mis-selling and anything else you can think of post it up.

Hi Thanks Bluedo, the only piece of paperwork I have is my signed contract agreement from BPF, I don't have a copy of the advent contract as the rep didn't leave it with me. Which i have only recently realised. The solicitor that was discussed a couple of pages back sounds good but I have no paperwork to send them or a scanner for the paperwork I do have.

I am with you all, all the way, and like veryone else on here I will do what I can and post any new info I find out.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks