Provident V Shufflers Son

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here we go with another scrap for my son , this time with provident . He and his wife both have accounts , and owe them so much between them its scary. 2,900 . Silly i know but kids have a lot to learn . Both of them had being making regular payments and ran into diffs some time ago , the collection agent was aware of this and said he wouldnt call for a while , that was around 6 months ago , he never returned. Today they both recieved letters from C K EDRUPT advising them they had been instructed to collect the balance and had untill the 30th of Jan to make payment or to send an offer. This is the first correspondence , should there not of been a Default notice , an letter of assignment sent first ? He has the agreements so will get a look at them soon , am i right in assuming that EDRUPT are inhouse collections? and have they already made a boob by not sending the DN?

Here we go with another scrap for my son , this time with provident . He and his wife both have accounts , and owe them so much between them its scary. 2,900 . Silly i know but kids have a lot to learn . Both of them had being making regular payments and ran into diffs some time ago , the collection agent was aware of this and said he wouldnt call for a while , that was around 6 months ago , he never returned. Today they both recieved letters from C K EDRUPT advising them they had been instructed to collect the balance and had untill the 30th of Jan to make payment or to send an offer. This is the first correspondence , should there not of been a Default notice , an letter of assignment sent first ? He has the agreements so will get a look at them soon , am i right in assuming that EDRUPT are inhouse collections? and have they already made a boob by not sending the DN?

C K Edrupt are their in house monkey boy solicitors

They do not have to issue a default notice to pester for the money, but would need to if they choose to take legal action, which is unlikely with Provident as they would not want their extortionate interest rates aired in a public court.

The are two option here

offer them a quid a month

or go down the CCA route

agreed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

He has the agreements in his house somewhere , so will get a look at them , see if there is any ammunition to be found . If there is i will CCA them anyway, just helps to stall them a bit. I think if they ever went to court they would only get the nominal amount , so perhaps an opportunity to have some fun. Hell i can have a laugh for the price of a few stamps , great value entertainment.