Friend of SAB - possible problem with MBNA claim ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, so it’s getting a little desperate now as I have until COB Friday to submit the N149 and I just don’t know what to include in the way of Draft order of Directions.

Looking at their defence it’s a pretty standard but there are a couple of sections that concern me and I’m wondering these need to be address as part of the Draft Order of Directions.

Each bullet pointed section ends with ‘The Claimant is to put strict proof to this allegation’ Surely it is up to the defendant to disproof the allegation, is it not?

The last two points concern me the most.

Given when the policy was taken out, the last date for any claim was Month 2007. Therefore the claim is out of time. There is no reason why the Court should exercise their discretion to extend time under S32A of the limitation Act 1980

Also

On that basis, the Defendant avers that the Claimant has no proof to support the allegations made and has no cause of action. The Particulars of Claim do not make any sense and do not make any basis for a claim. The defendant invites the Court to exercise its power to strike out this claim under the Civil Procedure Rules, CPR 3.6 as disclosing no reasonable grounds and that it is an abuse of the Courts process.

I’m do not really want to post all of the defendants defence, however if you can offer guidance drop me a PM and I will send you a link to it.

Please guys help in any way you can. I’ve come this far and don’t want to fail now even if it’s not my money!

Hi SAB - responding to your Reprted Post.

Just to clarify, the onus is on you (the Claimant) to show that the PPI was mis-sold or inappropriate. But you don't have to do this now as it will be addressed in your evidence to be filed later.

Re any Draft Directions, they are not compulsory and, even if you send in DD's with your AQ, there's no guarantee they'll be adopted by the judge.

If you want to include DD's, follow the guide in the Bank Templates Library and ask the court to order the production of any documents you require, or ask that Directions be made ordering the Defendant to do whatever it is you want, with a view to progressing your claim.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Re s.32 Limitation Act 1980, this only applies to some of the PPI amounts and I would expect that, if the claim is allowed, the older pay'ts would be included anyway. As CB said above, either the PPI is mis-sold or it's not !

It therefore follows that, regardless of the Limitation Act 1980, there is a case for the claim being made, at least for the later years. Therefore the claim should NOT be Struck Out at this stage.

:)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi SAB

Sorry i have not been about much, i'm back doing 72 hours a week again with work. I was thinking about your draft order for directions, maybe add a little paragraph asking the judge to request Training files of the person who processed the agreement, to see if they were properly trained in PPI procedures etc. . You may not get it, but if a judge orders it, who knows.

Using the bullet points amend the draft order here:

Examples of Witness Statements / Disclosure by List / Draft Directions / Case Summary - Consumer Wiki

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi UKaviator

No worries. I know what it's like as at the moment there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day for me to help friends as well as trying to fight my own battles. :)

I always appreciate help received from this site.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great news SAB - very pleased for you and your friend :D

All your hard work paid off :D

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

The amount they have settled on is about £200 more than that claimed and i just can't work it out. O well :D

Chris has given me £1k towards a camera lens as a way of saying thanks, once the cheque has cleared a donation will be made to the site as well.

BRW.

The amount claimed comprises of both compound and 8% interest. :D

The amount they have settled on is about £200 more than that claimed and i just can't work it out. O well :D

Chris has given me £1k towards a camera lens as a way of saying thanks, once the cheque has cleared a donation will be made to the site as well.

BRW.

The amount claimed comprises of both compound and 8% interest. :D

That's really brilliant SAB - if it's ok I might be needing to call on you for help with my own POC etc as I am getting close to filing a court claim against MBNA for PPI (they've offered premiums plus about £30 of interest so far) ;)

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi SAB,

The Site Donation will be very much appreciated, thank you.

:)

Landy.

I will be happy to help in any way I can. :D

Many thanks SAB, that's very kind of you and most appreciated :D

Unfortunately just as I was about to send off my LBA today I received a letter saying they have already refunded the premiums, associated interest of twenty-odd quid and a further 8% stat interest (which is an increase of £100 approx on their previous offer) to Mr L's account which has been sold to a DCA :mad:

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded