Link Financial - student loan debt

jambo1975
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have not heard from the Student Loans company for around 6-7 years. Recently i got a missed call on my mobile and a message from a company called Link financial asking me to call them back (no other info). Being suspicious i 'googled' the number and discovered they are a company more than likely that have purchased my student loan. (pre 1998) according to the limitations act in scotland after 5 years the student loan is statute barred? some other threads say six? they have called a few times after this but just breathed heavily into the phone..

do i ignore these guys..or should i call them back.? i am not proud not 2 have paid my loan back but if i dont have 2 then i dont see the point..especially to a company that i havent read much nice things about..

Ignore them, if you need to communicate with them everything must be in writing but wait for them to contact you first. Never, never speak to them on the phone.

If they do ever write post the details here for more help.

Here's a link that may help

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/132892-student-loans-statute-limitations.html

Edited by boswell
damm, typo again.

If I have been helpful please tickle my scales or better still contribute to CAG.

Hows things, Jambo :)

Sounds like Link are phishing, I'd ignore for now.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Squirrel64,

I've sent you a Private Message.

It says my message is unnapproved? What does this mean and why is this?

Hi,

I have removed the names from your post.

Quote "LINK Financial, one of Europe’s leading servicers of consumer receivables" a nice name for debt recovery.

Link Financial beware these leeches are moving towards Student Loan's, if you look at their web site it seems to suggest they are in the Student Loan business 'Thesis Servicing' BEWARE this is a ruthless company who use the full might of the law to claw back every penny you owe. They buy up these loans for Peanuts (The orginal company need to show a caring face to the public and if they were associated with these tactics there would be outcry, shareholders on the warpath etc, so they pass on these loss debts to these trolls)

LINK FINANCIAL do a credit check when the spot a Mortgage they pull out all the stops to get this 'unsecured' loan secured to your property a double bonus is if the loan is over £5000 as they can start charging interest at whatever rate they feel fit, if you don't have a mortgage they tend to have a punt then hand it back to the orginator. These trolls First started with Car loan's then it was 'Assisting' Financial companies with their debt recovery they are now looking at Students. Their staff are just awful and basically mock you over the phone, or ring 5 - 6 times each day don't leave a message or just a blank line then hang up, these calls can go up to 8 or 9pm they also contact paid debt recovery firms like eurodebt etc who also hound you on the phone offering help with your debt AT A FEE with lines like we have a lot of experience with LINK FINANCIAL Ltd (yes they do as a quick check show's they are bankrolled by LINK FINANCIAL Ltd) we are entering a new arena with LINK FINANCIAL they are taking Debt Recovery off the Radar