can someone check this DN please

Nagasis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, the below DN gives 9 days to rectify but only 5 are working days. Don't have envelope. Was it 7 clear days or working days ?

I know its almost ten years old but its the first time i've seen it today.

ltsbdn1.jpg

Edited by Nagasis

I think you re laughing, it's 14 days, not 7.

Section 87(1) of the 1974 Act allows the creditor to send you a default notice giving you fourteen days from the date you receive it to pay the arrears. The default notice must contain all of the necessary information under the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 ('the 1983 Regulations'), which includes

Consumer Credit: Default Notices

Having checked this I have come up with:

If sent 1st class they need to allow 2 working days for receipt. Therefore if sent 1st class it did not arrive until tuesday 19th October. This only gives 5 days to rectify.

If sent 2nd class they need to allow 4 working days for receipt. Therefore if sent 2nd class it did not arrive until Thursday 21st October. This only gives 3 days to rectify.

Does this sound about right?

According to the calendar I checked, the 15 October was a Sunday. That doesn't count as a day of postage so postage is deemed to have been made on the 16 - the Monday. The 4 days to the date of receipt takes you to the 20th. Then 7 clear days to remedy the breach takes you to the 27th. The DN is unlawful.

According to the calendar I checked, the 15 October was a Sunday. That doesn't count as a day of postage so postage is deemed to have been made on the 16 - the Monday. The 4 days to the date of receipt takes you to the 20th. Then 7 clear days to remedy the breach takes you to the 27th. The DN is unlawful.

yes, you are right pinky. the 15th was a sunday. Even if it was sent 1st class the date of receipt would be the 18th. Then 7 days to remedy would take it to the 25th which is stil only 6 days.

thank you :D