CCA request to new owner after debt sold

Hungryforinfo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A new owner of a credit card debt has responded to my CCA request to them to say that the original creditor has told them they have sent the documents requested and therefore they are requesting payment from me. The original creditor has sent the origional docs although tehy arre not enforceable. Does it matter if the original request has been responded to i.e. regardless of anoriginal request is thenew debt owner (if tehy prov it) still obligated to respond to the request?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a 7 times Moorcroft veteran :D

Moorcroft always work from template letters that rarely answer your original letters and questions. Also they only seem to collect on behalf of others, and don't seem to buy debts to try and collect on. If you examine their letters, it should say who the original creditor really is.

The best way to get Moorcroft to take notice is to send your letter to their "Customer Services Dept" send it recorded delivery. Head the letter with "Formal Complaint" Tell them exactly what the problem is, and what you expect them to do about it, giving them 14 days to respond. Also inform them you'll be making complaints to the OFT if they don't stop sending useless template letters and address your dispute properly.

3 weeks later you should get a letter from MRS K DYDE saying they're closing the file.

Then it will get passed on to another DCA after 3-4 months, and it all starts again. I've had one debt that is now on DCA number 8 and has been going on for 3 years.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

This is a link to a current thread on this DCA which might be interesting to you. Shows the things they do and how to deal with them. I'm not sure how to put proper internal links on here so just copied and pasted from my browser.

I'm sure there are many others but this is a current thread that I started after having bother from Morescum. The help I received has been great...thanks guys!! :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/243486-moorcroft-letters-all-lies-2.html