• Tweets

• China green-lights mass production of autonomous flying taxis — with commercial flights set for 2025 | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM The EHang EH216-S autonomous flying taxi is the first eVTOL ready for mass production and could lead the way for flying cars around...  
    • Lolerz - I don't understand you.  Rebuked you?   No. I simply replied to your orange comments with legal facts as I know them.  I've already worked through the s42 and s146 issues - over the last 3-4y - and these issues are (mostly) resolved legally.  In terms of posting evidence.  Sure I can post some.  But my most recent questions have been a) how can I enforce a sale before trial?  And b) how can I make a complaint and/or a claim v receiver? (E.g. to which body do I complain?).  At the mo I'm asking for some helpful pointers on those specific questions??  I'm not asking for help with how to prove or present evidence. Fwiw - all evidence for trial has been disclosed (although additions are poss). The lender sent me like 10,000 emails and docs.  There's also 000s of emails, docs, photos, videos, recordings and texts that relate to freeholders/ me.   I read, filed and categorised everything for ease of future reference.  Witness statements and evidence were prepared for trial in the 42 and 146 matters. (now joined with current claim to save duplication).  I've lived the process before.  My current statement and linked evidence has taken like 6 months to draft/ write - to ensure I can succinctly prove my defence and counterclaim points.   Whether I can convince a judge at trial w/o lawyer / barrister is debatable 🙄   But I've prepared.  And continue to try better prepare - which is why I visit this site (and clinics).  This is NOT my business or expertise at all.  I'm just trying.  Not that anyone should ever have to justify why they need help if they ask politely! 
    • Thanks for the other info will also take a look at that.
    • It doesn't use the word reconstructed in the cover letter.  Although, I have just noticed on the cover letter they have asked me to complete a financial statement and offer a repayment within the next 10 days, or they will continue to follow court directions.  They sent a separate letter on the same day advising me they will be continuing with their claim ?  They have done the same for both claims.  Is it worth just doing that - doing the financial breakdown and offering a x amount.    
    • hahah except I can't locate the courier to frighten them with it hahaha   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Losing the fight

ascint57
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife's ongoing battle with Oakwood re her second home is reaching its final stages, sadly. Since her tenant was frightened off by their eviction notice back in August we've not been able to get another tenant so the arrears have mounted and the value of the house slipped from over 165k to less than 80. She tried to sell it in an auction for that but it failed, and although she's had two subsequent offers of 71 and 75 k she's unsure what to do. Both offers do not cover the first mortgage, let alone the 12k she owes on the second and the costs to solicitors etc. I keep speaking to Oakwood but as they have an eviction order I expect a notice to quit soon.

What do we do next ? CAB advised we accept the inevitable and let the house go, but the subsequent costs are the worrying bit, especially as I'm a joint signature on the second loan, have been unemployed for 2 years and we are only just coping keeping our main residence, which is also up for sale and not selling

Hi Ascint,

Have you approached the mortgage company regarding value of the property being less than the balance of the mortgage?

If they are practical, they may allow the sale to proceed as it is likely to realise more money than a repossession. They are likely to expect you to pay the difference on an unsecured basis, can you afford to do this?

I told them of the offer before Xmas and was advised nothing short of paying off the arrears or a signed contract would stop them going for repossession. I rang today to say the estate agents were trying to negotiate an increase on the offer, and was told they could do nothing unless I cleared the arrears.

As to the second part of your question no. At the moment we are just paying for our own mortgage and living expenses, being with a CAB debt councillor re our shortfalls.

Oakwood have been in touch to ask me to provide a breakdown of my charges, solicitors, estate agents, etc and a proposal on how I would clear any shortfall, based on my received offer.

I reminded them that they are taking possession of the house and they cut me off.

Sounds like Oakwood don't know what is going on. I would send them an email or two and pester them that way.

I had that impression too.

What worries me is what do I do about the shortfall, what is their likely action, I do have assets elsewhere although the property under view and loan is in my wifes name so it could be complicated.

Despite what they are continually telling you the shortfall will not be a secured loan once it becomes a shortfall. They may attempt to take you to court but this can be heavily defended.

I think that if you have a second loan and the house is repossessed the shortfall is covered by insurance policies which seem to think they can claim from you - WRONG.

Im in the same position with GMAC and London & Scottish, both now in administration and I am waiting for THEIR paperwork relating to items on the joke of a statement they sent, £4500 asset management fee, whatever that is, added after repossession (according to the repossession is supposed to lessen the amount I owe them, their own words, so why slap this thinkly disguised early resettlement fee in the pot. They stiill have to provide the actuarial sheet they used for the calcualtion of interest and have gone strangely quiet since my request!

Have Oakwood ever shown the TRUE level of arrears on this account and not an inflated amount including arrears and charges? If not a complaint to the FOS is in order.

not only have they never shown any account of the arrears apart from a monthly reminder, the statement promised to me by their representative has yet to show up 7 days later and I'm still waiting for the eviction to take place.

Its now getting scary, my wife's really down about it and the CAB advisor works 2 days a week and is in court for one of those and busy the other.

Hopeless were do you go for advice.

Im in the same position with GMAC and London & Scottish, both now in administration .

GMAC in administration? when?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Just a thought have you tried to contact Shelter on 0300 3300 515 (sorry if I shouldn't put phone numbers on ) They are open 8-8 every day and I found them very helpful and not at all condecending which can be a problem and very upsetting when you are in this situation. They were able to give me local places to contact if I needed it. Thank fully it appears we no longer do.

Sorry I know its not much help :)

Thanks for the thought, they were helpful initially but the local office has problems with their financing rules affecting those who have more than 1 property. The nice guy dealing with me was told to drop my case because it should be the tenant they were helping. Took me 5 months to find that out mind.

Ell-enn was of tremendous help initially but we have lost the will to fight now the property value has dropped so much

Eviction set for 9 th Feb.

Then out of the blue a nice bloke from Oakwood comes on yesterday with all sorts of suggestions to what I can do to try and stop eviction, I'm assiuming because they know they are going to be left with a hard to get shortfall. Why did they not suggest these things ages ago instead of leaving it until its near impossible to get the required info to them?

He even suggested I go to court to persuade a judge to stop eviction because I was trying to sell and was willing to re let the property, which I assume you can do.

I also presume the chances of suceeding are poor

If you go to court to stop the eviction on the grounds that Oakwood now want to play ball I would get it in writing from them. They sound like they are trying to intimidate you.

Is this a hearing for an eviction date or the actual eviction itself, if it is the acutal eviction I would get to the court tomorrow and ask for an emergency hearing and get Oakwood to confirm that they want to negotiate, and as part of the negotiations you want them to freeze all further charges on the account... this won't be setting a precedent and will give you some breathing space.

I think your chances of succeeding are high, I think THEIR chances of squeezing by are minimal, but then I am not a judge and not qualified in law so this is only from my own experience.