Can a company sell my debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a debt for just over £300 for a sofa I bought a few years ago, Ive never missed a payment until I became ill, and had to leave my job, so I am unemployed and on income support. I tried to pay off my debts and contacted all companies to ask for time to pay. All have ignored my requests except the car finance co, who have taken a lower payment. The company (H) who I financed the sofa with have ignored all my letters, they have refused my offers to pay back £300, the debthas now gone up to over £500 with their default charges. Today I got a letter from a debt company, enclosed with it was a letter from (H) saying they had sold my debt, so no prior warning. Any ideas on what I can do, as they wanted me to pay them £450, when I only owed them slightly less, I wrote offering £300 and they never replied. This all seems so crazy. any advice?:confused:

Cabot financial they say I now owe £564.96, it was £384.96 when I wrote telling them I was in difficulty and asked for a lower monthly payment, the increase is all charges up to November on my statement.

H have said in their letter my statutory rights under their agreement have not changed, but I have to direct all my enquiries through Cabot. The have not sent me anything saying the agreement is cancelled. I took it out in Nov 06, only had three months left to pay, nightmare, should have kept paying them and not the other debts I have completed.

H have said in their letter my statutory rights under their agreement have not changed, but I have to direct all my enquiries through Cabot. The have not sent me anything saying the agreement is cancelled. I took it out in Nov 06, only had three months left to pay, nightmare, should have kept paying them and not the other debts I have completed.
i think that you need to cca cabot a.s.a.p. see below! send it recorded delivery including with it the £1 p.o.for the fee,do not sign it but print your name and keep copies of all correspondance from them incl envelopes for a paper trail.

they will have 12+2 days to responde back to you with a cca ,if no cca within this time limit you then send them the acc in despute letter from the library the same way( recorded delivery ).:Dsend this,fill or delete as applicable.

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Edited by themagcian