Welcome Finance - Clowns or Criminals?

just_a_girl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks postppj :)

Please forgive my abrupt drop in on a previous thread "o

I have never experienced the world of blogging and forums however after years of painful experience with these clowns and/or criminals I have been positively enlightened by the support of The Consumer Forum Community and thought I'd share my situation, perhaps not only for help and guidance but hope also maybe this could benefit others :confused:

I took out a loan of £4800 with Welcome Finance after suffering a Salesman from Safestyle UK in January 2005.

After 5 years of complete hell with them during which they have threatened to send me to prison unless i pay £12,420.20 in April 2008, applied a CCJ for the same amount in July 2008, Howard Cohen Solicitors have since put a charge on my property again for the same amount.

In July 2008 My Dad called them on my behalf and demanded a Statement of Accounts and harassed them in the way they had me, of which they did not send until December 2008 with a balance of £7981.04. :confused:

I since had a call from a call-centre agent telling me I owe them the £12,420.20 and I laughed when I asked him about the Statement of Account that sat in front of me, when quizzed, the line went dead and I had not heard a peep until a couple of days before xmas....

I was sat with my next door neighbor when there was a knock at the door, a bouncy gent asked in a rather familiar way, does 'Claire' (My Name) still live next door, I immediately came to the door and Nick Smith introduced himself as a bailiff working to collect debts which had been sold on from Welcome Finance as they "have basically gone bump", when I asked how much he wanted he asked for £12,420.20 and again I laughed showing a copy of the Statement of Accounts, Mr.Smith then kindly :lol: 'let me off' for now as its nearly xmas, but left his mobile number just in case I fancied a drink. =O

The general number he left was rung, a voice message, apologizing the office is now closed and to call back between 9am and 8pm (this was at 5pm) no company name???

I have since come to sell my property and am trying to establish if they have actually put a charge on my property and if they still operate?

When searching it appears they now operate under Shopacheck Financial Services heres a link

Welcome Finance & Welcome Car Finance Official Site

Well thanks for listening or reading y'all and I hope my experience may be useful somewhere throughout the community

Shopacheck Is Welcome

Well Cattles The Parent Company

Welcome Finance Only Exsists In All But Name

To Begin With

I Doubt This Chap Was A Baliff

Did You Find Out Which Company He Represented

Prob The Lewis Group

Have You A Land Line Number For This Guy

This PIG who knocked on your door was not a Bailliff. If he comes again ask to see his Licence and for the County Court he is registered at. Then when he dosen`t have a Licence he can` answer the second question tell him to "REV UP & *UCK OFF". Failing that there is a template letter you can hand to him that basically tells him to *UCK OFF.

DO NOT let him into your house. He can only come in by peaceful means. If he won`t go away Call 999 and tell the Police you have someone on your property who is Harassing you and will not leave, and you are worried that they are causing a Breach of the Peace. If he mentions calling the Police on his own behalf, let him do so. They are not a Bully Boys Back Up, they can only attend to prevent a Breach of the Peace.

Don`t worry non of his is as heavy as it seems. Just Forewarned is Forearmed.

The ONLY things you can be sent to Prison for Non Payment of are Council Tax and TV Licence (as far as I am aware). So you can stop worrying about that one.

You Will be fine if you take advice given on here. evryone here will wach each others back as well so Good Luck. And don`t be scared to ask questions here on CAG.

Cheers, MARK:D

If you need a hand posting images give me a shout but if you go to share at the top of the item you uploaded and use the image code (starts with ) it will post the document on here big enough to be read hope that helps :)

good luck and i agree with what Mark said :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Well thankfully again, no one has been in touch since but im feeling better about it all already :) But I gotta be up at 6 am so im gonna have to hit the sack, Im a gonna try and get online via moby throughout the day tomorrow but failing that it could be 9 pm onwards before Il be able to respond now :(

Thank you so much for all your support and hope to catch you soon, I have loadsa docs n stuff, never throw anything financial, ive got two original credit agreements, one without a signature and amended one, with a cross through the date and corrected :o ??

Night nite y'all sweet dreams