Claiming charges from a long-ago closed bank account

emmaandmaartijn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first post in this forum, so bear with me!

I have already sent a letter to Natwest, who I have my bank account with currently. I used to have a bank account with HSBC, but I closed it because I was so sick of them charging me for nothing. I don't have any details of that account anymore(account number, sort code), so how do I go about claiming back the charges? In the letter to ask them how much you've been charged it has the account number at the top. Do I just use that letter and leave out my account number? I think they must have charged me at least £100 which I could really do with having back right now!

Sorry if someone else had already asked this in another post!

Emma.

Give them all the info you can to trace the account: Full names, DOBs, last address when you closed the account, which branch you were with.

Make sure you send a DPA request and don't forget to send £10!

• 2 months later...

There are templates on this site for DPA Non-Compliance. Send one of them to chase them up.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't be the first time .

Phone HSBC ask whether they've sent the info and if so to what address, ask them to resend them and remind them they are over the 40 day limit.

If they still don't arrive shortly look at this for DPA non-compliance letter templates

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6986

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks