• Tweets

• Hi All, I'm looking for help with a P2G claim for another lost parcel. Given the wealth of information on this site, I'm hopeful that this should be an easy one to fix, but want to be sure I have everything. On the 6th March, I contracted with P2G to send a parcel (a £600 Pioneer AVH-Z7200DAB car stereo which is not on either P2G or EVRi's excluded from compensation or prohibited items list) using EVRi, sent it off, and that was the last I heard of it. The EVRi tracking showed that the parcel had made it to the national sorting hub at 2:12 on the 7th, and then vanished. By Friday, I had started to get nervous, and so, raised an enquiry. And then another, and another - well, they weren't responding, and I couldn't get their telephone one to work, I think in all, it was more than 15 enquiries. I also raised an investigation with P2G as well. EVRi closed the enquiry confirming a loss on the 19th March, and P2G near the end, although P2G closed it claiming that I needed to send photos of the parcel as proof - which I didn't have, and I also do not have an account with P2G so couldn't upload anything (I did test, just in case), and this is why despite receiving advice on the EVRi Fb group to send the letter before claim, I haven't yet acted. I have proof of the eBay listing, and the refund, to demonstrate that which was being sent, but P2G's insistence that I have no photographic proof of the parcel with the label - I have the photo of the goods in their box before sending, but this is for the eBay listing, and so does not show it after the fact. This I fear is what P2G will seek to rely on as a defence, hence my 10 week delay on progressing with this. But, I am more than £600 out of pocket for the loss: £600 for the item and £8.04 for the delivery fee, although my claim will actually be for an initial £611.09 to cover the cost of the loss, their delivery fee, and my 1st Class Recorded stamp for the Letter Before Claim to P2G, rising to £681.09 to cover the additional £70 cost of opening the court case if they fail to respond within 14 days. This question mark surrounding P2G's request for photographic evidence, is this likely to cause me a problem? Steve
    • Had a letter response today dated 12/6/24 from PRA Group re request for information consumer credit act 1974. Confirming they are in receipt of my CCA letter request - and that they are requesting the required information. They returned the £1 postal order. And my CCA letter. Stating that they will contact me with an update ASAP. They attached/included a standard ( non personal ) page about ' what they should provide ' and ' what happens If I don't get this information'.    I need to file my defence by 21 June 24. Any suggestions as to what that defence should be ?   
    • Thanks @dx100uk for responding promptly.    To be quite honest with you, applying for breathing space might not really help except some short term relief. I don’t want to default either as I might lose my job too and I cannot really afford it. Sorry for sounding bit stupid but is there something I can do to stop them charging interest and agree on reduced payments? I am working on information that @BankFodderhas requested and will be sharing it later today.  
    • who said send the sb letter to RC anyway? we said the debt owner not the grease monkey.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dissecting the Manchester Test Case....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This can be proved by someone with their agreement to hand applying for a copy and then checking the wording of the recontructed agreement with the original they have.

quite agree conniff

we need someone to "bait" the creditors with a s77/79 request then if the reconstituted agreement if faulty it needs to be raised through a national media so as to discredit the whole practice

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can u guys kindly advise me on my case :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/239030-mbna-reston-threating-court-5.html

At present both MBNA and Restons asking for my signature to honour my CCA request and Subject access request. I am scared to give them my signature as these guys have spohisticated IT gadgets which can easily copy my signature and paste it on their dodgy agreements.. Please advise what should I do...

Tell them to get lost. Presumably the address you are using for the purposes of the CCA request is the same one that they have been using to send you all manner of abusive letters and financial information which could be seriously embarrassing if it fell into the wrong hands.

This is probably the sort of letter you should send http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/572-debt-letter-when-company-refuse-cca-due-to-no-signature-.

But perhaps this one would be as good (or could be added) if appropriate to your circumstances - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/579-letter-when-dca-refuses-to-comply-with-a-cca-request.

Just a delaying tactic. And in any case, they have worked pretty hard to be as untrusted as they are, why should we trust them now. :mad:

I'm interested what RBS are going to do in my case.

I have a CCJ against them for a small sum (under £500) which was issued Aug 2009. I haven't chased payment, but recently I wrote too them threatening a warrant and they have passed it to their legal dept for 'attention'.

Methinks they might be a bit late for a set aside.:smile:

I'd spend the extra 100 squid and issue third party debtor order........ or really take the pee and send the bailiffs into your local branch :D

So has anyone tried this one in court? Or with lenders? I would guess you have Silverfox.

Re the profitability of credit cards, you are spot on. But the other factor was the rush for growth. Working through two steps TOOK LONGER.

I defended a court claim for my OH in May on the basis that her Barclaycard application form was non compliant.

CL Finance were represented at the hearing but the judge struck their claim out after 10 minutes and awarded costs which my honorable OH declined because it was her day off work.

Each case will be judged on fact.

PW

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Not tried it in court but the lender (CAP1) are long over the horizon

I am trying to shake this lot off - well actually crapquest to whom cap1 sold the debt while in dispute. :x Sorry to be a nuisance but can i just get this right, you said in effect "yes that's an application form, now show me the executed agreement with my sig on it?"

I defended a court claim for my OH in May on the basis that her Barclaycard application form was non compliant.

CL Finance were represented at the hearing but the judge struck their claim out after 10 minutes and awarded costs which my honorable OH declined because it was her day off work.

Each case will be judged on fact.

PW

Yes, and well done. I might be able to do with your advice - see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/239319-christmas-card-barclaycard.html

But just to sort of tease this one out, was your case that the only form your OH had signed - the application form - was missing prescribed terms. Or was it that the only form she had signed was an application form and there was no more detailed signed agreement in existence?

Its the idea that there should be an application form first which they consider and if they are going to take it forward THEN they issue an agreement, with all the t&cs set out and signed by them, for you (the debtor) to sign and then send back. Only then do they issue a credit card. That is what I am really trying to get clear here. :?::confused:

Yes, and well done. I might be able to do with your advice - see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/239319-christmas-card-barclaycard.html

But just to sort of tease this one out, was your case that the only form your OH had signed - the application form - was missing prescribed terms. Or was it that the only form she had signed was an application form and there was no more detailed signed agreement in existence?

Its the idea that there should be an application form first which they consider and if they are going to take it forward THEN they issue an agreement, with all the t&cs set out and signed by them, for you (the debtor) to sign and then send back. Only then do they issue a credit card. That is what I am really trying to get clear here. :?::confused:

I stapled their pathetic application form to the AQ and respectfully requested that the DJ give directions that the Claimant produce an agreement which complied with the Act and regs thereunder.....obviously they couldn't BINGO!

Not intending to Hijack the thread...just trying to help peeps.

Worked for me.

Winston Churchill

I normally used a 'modified' sig. - one you can identify but also prove is not your usual. I also usually sign over the date, just to make it even more difficult.;-)

Sign: John Smith

underneath put "For and on behalf of"

They cannot dispute that as it is legal.

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

more or less pathetic than the attached? :?:

an application form can be an executed agreement for the purposes of the act if it is signed by the debtor and contains all of the prescribed terms within the signature document

the doubly good news for you is:_

it does not contain the prescribed terms

even if it did there is no mention anywhere (let alone prominantly) that it is a credit card agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974

it is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard

this document has nothing to do with the "judge lottery" it is 100000000000000% edited. The judge would give them a very serious slap on the wrist if they produced this document in court for any other reason than for the judge to wipe his bottom on!

Edited by slick132
please avoid swearing - this is CAG, not Facebook

Hi

Yes sign it but with alitle distinguishing flourish

The copy you recieve will not be a exact copy of your agreement anyway and cannot be used as the poof,but it could be lifted an put on your agrement.

I generaly scan or photocopy the response before sending it back,

Just in case they get the idea of recreating your orriginal doc for use in court.

Petr

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

an application form can be an executed agreement for the purposes of the act if it is signed by the debtor and contains all of the prescribed terms within the signature document

the doubly good news for you is:_

it does not contain the prescribed terms

even if it did there is no mention anywhere (let alone prominantly) that it is a credit card agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974

it is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard

this document has nothing to do with the "judge lottery" it is 100000000000000% edited. The judge would give them a very serious slap on the wrist if they produced this document in court for any other reason than for the judge to wipe his bottom on!

You think Im talking bollords? I assure you Im not old boy

Edited by slick132
swearing edited

Winston Churchill

quite agree conniff

we need someone to "bait" the creditors with a s77/79 request then if the reconstituted agreement if faulty it needs to be raised through a national media so as to discredit the whole practice

Hi

Wouldnt make a hapeneth worh of differnse the judgement says that it does not have to be an exact copy in form to the orriginal in fact it can be produced without sight of it.Just has to conform with the regs.

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Please don't take this the wrong way but if anyone has to ask the question then you are on a sticky wicket because you will need to be able to convince the judge thats its not and why quoting the ACT/SI and case law...

I may say its OK someone else may say its not and we had a lot of this over recon agreements prior to Waksman....

Live Life-Debt Free

while there seems to be a bit of dissussion re application forms, would this stand up in court

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p316/Gee-dub-ya/replies/img022-1-1.jpg

How is somebody supposed to be able to check that?! Can hardly read it. Should upload to imageshack and set the settings to 17 or 19in monitor. Then upload.

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

"we need someone to "bait" the creditors with a s77/79 request then if the reconstituted agreement if faulty it needs to be raised through a national media so as to discredit the whole practice"

Well Diddydicky I'm game, cos that's exactly what happened to me with the Halifax - S.78 they sent reconstituted, SAR produced copy of original - not remotely like it, no PT's, no lender signature.

After reading the article in the Mail on Sunday I posted a comment and at the moment I'm feeling like like writing to my MP.

Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooce's success's so far:

Capital One - 15% f & f saving £4,250

Barclaycard - 25% f & f saving £12,000

Blackhorse - reduced loan settlement saving £1,605

Cahoot - 15% f & f saving £2,740

MBNA - 20% f & f saving £26,800

Lloyds TSB 28% f & f saving £7,377

Total written off to date: £54,772!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You think Im talking bollords? I assure you Im not old boy

For a contract to be valid in law, it must be signed by both parties..

A Witness is required if its a document that needs notary witness..ie affidavit, probate so on..

A contract must fill four requirements for it to be a valid contract.

A lawfully binding contract that contains the following 4 mandatory elements for it be deemed a lawfully binding, bilateral contract:

1, Full Disclosure.

2, Equal Consideration. ("Consideration" means: something REAL, TANGIBLE and OF VALUE, e.g. money, or an item of value - something you "insert credit company" are trading for my signature / promise.

3, Lawful Terms and Conditions.

4' 'Wet' (hand signed, in proper ink) signatures of BOTH Parties/Meeting of the Minds.

5: If however they have a single signed agreement and they gain your consent to action (either with or without knowlege..tactic consent or aquisition by silence (i.e. you failed to contact them with your counter claim within the period stipulated)...then you will be found as the debtor by adjudication in a county court.

So first of all we have 1, 2, and 3 above.

4 should be done.

Let us look at 5. A "Single signed agreement". This is where the 2006 Act comes in and once the creditor shows the Court that you have been spending the money and paying then the Court will find in the creditors favour and against you.

So let us move away from the 2006 Act and go to the 1974 Act. That Act is different. Procedure:

Make application. (I want to apply for credit. This is "me", This is what where I live, This is what I earn).

Application approved.

Send terms and conditions to be approved by debtor.

Debtor approves terms and conditions and puts "wet" signature to them.

Creditor sends card and advises of credit limit.

Today, we get a lot of spam put through our letterbox. The local pizza takeaway prices, the local kebab prices, the .............

In the 1980's we used to get credit card forms sent as spam offering all sorts of credit.

So back to the argument of "application form vs agreement".

I apply for a firearms license. It is an application form.

UNLESS on that application form I am advised of ALL the rules and regulations (e.g. what safety I must have in my home such as security so the firearm cannot be stolen, how am I to keep the cartridges away from the firearm, how am I to store the cartridges, what security I have to have in my car when travelling with said firearm etc etc) then it is simply An Application.

It is only once the application is approved, I am given the terms and conditions and I agree to them that we have an agreement.

And that is where the 1974 CCA "kicks in". Because it says "An executed agreement". An application form is not an agreement. It is simply "I have read your basic conditions. I wish to apply for credit".

It IS at the end of the day, the creditors perogative to make sure that before giving credit (lending money) they have themselves protected so they get the money back. IF the creditor decided to "cut corners" (such as for example not keeping copies of the original executed agreements to save on storage space) then the old saying "kicks in" and that saying is: A fool and his money are soon parted. (Doubt that will say that in the House of Lords :D:D )

To reiterate - when a layperson steps into court to challenge their application/agreement it's all down to the "judge lottery"

PW

Winston Churchill

more or less pathetic than the attached? :?:

I thought mine was bad.......yours doesnt even contain "this is a credit agreement regulated by the CCA1974, sign only if you wish to be bound by its terms"

What can they hope to achieve with that

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

There are no prescribed terms on this document, so it would be unenforcable, unless they manage to find the actual document with PT's on the reverse. Even then I have always argued that the signature needs to come after the prescribed terms.