Weightmans Solicitors

woods23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone give me some advice re ccj's? I have two (one of them I have never received any paperwork for, but have paid it as I didn't know what else to do) which was with Co-Op Bank and when I got the ccj's the solicitor was Heatons. Apparently both debts has been passed to Equidebt and their solicitor was Geoffrey Parker Bourne. I've now received a letter from Weightmans asking me to start paying them. I've asked for the cca's, but they say their client is not the creditor with whom I entered into the original agreement and does not retain copies of the document required. As a courtesy they have requested that Equidebt contact Co Op Bank and request the information. Weightmans say if I don't contact them within 7 days re payment arrangements they will seek instruction regarding enforcement action . Who should I actually be paying?

Can you help us with some questions?

Are there two CCJs for the same debt or did you have two debts with Co-op?

What are the debts for - overdraft, loan or credit card - or even something else?

Were the CCJs for the whole amount of the debt? If not then we'll explain what appears to have happened but we won't complicate things at the moment.

Are you able to scan the judgments you received, edit out your personal details and then post the results up here? We can guide you through that process if necessary (although you do have to have a scanner).

That's enough for the moment.

Cheer up - we'll soon sort out what's going on :)

• Haha 1

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

The 2 debts are for different accounts - both loans. The ccj's weren't for the whole amount as I was paying them until I couldn't afford to pay the full amounts each month. I don't have a scanner, but on the ccj's the solicitor to whom I had to send payment to was Heatons. As I said I never received any paperwork for the 2nd ccj it was only when I received something from the court saying I had to pay or they would use other methods to obtain the money that I rang and queried the ccj. They apoligised saying it may have gone to the wrong address quoted the ref no. so I paid it along with the other ccj.

Actually all Weightman's are doing is threatening to 'seek instructions'. This is a long, long way from going anywhere near legal proceedings so you should put it aside for Christmas and sit back and enjoy yourself.

I'm a bit full of Christmas Spirit at the moment so I'll look at this later. Perhaps others here can look in as well.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

:confused:I would like some advice on the way forward if anyone can help, as I don't want to receive warrents of execution or attachment of earnings threats. I'm interested to know what to do with the ccj that I haven't received any paperwork for - I don't mind paying but I want to make sure I am paying the right people.

Please, please, please can someone help with this. I've now received 2 warrents of execution for the above. Still don't know who I should be paying as I have said one of the ccj's I have never received any court paperwork for, although I have managed to find a letter threatening a ccj from Heaton's dated 2006 and the creditor is Equidebt, but the original debt qwas with Co-Op Bank.