Sod Barclays, but where should I go?

sploits
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning,

Like a lot of you fellow caggers I applied to have my bank charges refunded. I done this recently (just before the supreme court ruling) and got a letter back from Barclays saying that they were sorry that I wasn't happy with them and they would get back in touch with me no later than 21st. Well low and behold its the 22nd and I haven't had anything back but I expect a big fat NO when I do eventually get a reply.

At present I am a Barclays Premier customer (I pay £25 a month for additional services) and I am not near my overdraft and haven't been for years. The service I have had from them since I got out my overdraft has been good but its just the fact they "stole" my money. When I do get the letter back saying "sorry but we are keeping your hard earned cash" I will be seriously considering jumping ship.

The only thing is I am not sure which ship to jump on to. There is a few banks in my town but like I said I don't know which one to possibly go with. My choices are:

Abbey

Halifax

Bradford & Bingley

Natwest

Lloyds TSB

The Cumberland (a local building society)

HSBC

Are any of them better than the other? Or is it worth staying with the crooks at Barclays? I thought about The Nationwide and The Co-operative Bank but the closest branch is around 60 miles away :(

Any help would greatly be appreciated and thank you for your time in reading this.

Sploits :p

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

I personally bank with First Direct (HSBC). Touch wood, I have never had any problems with them.

They have a call centre in the UK (which I consider to be a bonus) plus with their online banking you can set it up to view all your other accounts.

I have previously banked with NatWest, Barclay/Woolwich, Citibank and A&L. The service provided by First Direct cannot be compared, for me at least they are in a totally different league.

Before anyone asks, no I don't work for them

Thank you for your input wot2do. Are you able to go into a HSBC bank to access your 1st Direct account? I'm just thinking about if I ever get a cheque to cash or need to speak personally to an advisor etc. I always prefer to go into branch if I can

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p