Cahoot credit card direct debit

jellybabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

i tried to cancel my Direct Debit to my cahoot Credit card to be able to set up an alternative pament method.

I asked cahoot twice to cancel it, i can't cancel it online myself, as it is not showing on my Online acount manager.

This is the answer i got back:

Thank you for contacting cahoot in Coventry.

As our credit cards terms and conditions state that we need an active direct debit linked to the account we will not cancel the direct debit instruction on your account until we have received new instruction.

To change your direct debit details send us a message using 'contact us' on your personal homepage and include the following:

- Sortcode

- New Account Number

- Account Name

We'll then change your details.

If your monthly direct debit is already due we'll change it after we've received your next payment just to make sure you don't miss one.

Kind Regards,

i always thought i can cancel a direct debit whenever i want?

Is there any way i can make them cancel it and set up a new payment myself?

Thanks,

jellybabe

• 8 months later...
Hi there,

i tried to cancel my Direct Debit to my cahoot Credit card to be able to set up an alternative pament method.

I asked cahoot twice to cancel it, i can't cancel it online myself, as it is not showing on my Online acount manager.

This is the answer i got back:

Thank you for contacting cahoot in Coventry.

As our credit cards terms and conditions state that we need an active direct debit linked to the account we will not cancel the direct debit instruction on your account until we have received new instruction.

To change your direct debit details send us a message using 'contact us' on your personal homepage and include the following:

- Sortcode

- New Account Number

- Account Name

We'll then change your details.

If your monthly direct debit is already due we'll change it after we've received your next payment just to make sure you don't miss one.

Kind Regards,

i always thought i can cancel a direct debit whenever i want?

Is there any way i can make them cancel it and set up a new payment myself?

Thanks,

jellybabe

To cancel your direct debit just login to your bank and not the credit card online account and cancel it their, but notify the credit card company about this aswell.

Thanks for your answer.

I have already managed to do that a while ago. You see the problem was that both my accounts (current and credit card) account are with Cahoot and on the same login. But after updating their accounts my Direct Debits didn't show online no more, that's why i couldn't cancel them at that time. But i've complaint to them, and they started showing again on my online account. And after that i cancelled them.

But thanks for replying :)