littlewoods (barclaycard) Credit Card PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just chased up Littlewoods regarding late payments and charges on behalf of someone, and noticed they had PPI on the account. I had asked for 6 years worth of statements, but what they've sent me is from April 2005, so I guess this is when the account started.

Given the credit limit was £2500, but increased to £3500 a few months in, and the person who had taken out the card was part-time employed, and essentially living off credit cards until their house was sold (which took longer than expected), you can imagine that paying the minimum payments each month eventually took their toll, with interest and PPI payments increasing month on month, so their final account balance when they finally managed to pay it all off was well over £6000.

Having counted up all the PPI payments added to the account, this amounts to almost £4000 of the balance! :eek:

They can't remember actually signing up for the PPI service, so I'm not really sure what grounds they have for claiming it back, but would appreciate some help.

Is the first step to get the CCA request in, and find out what they agreed to to sign up to? In comparison, the late payment/overpayments are chickenfeed compared to the PPI payments on this account, so definitely worth chasing.

pers i'd go for a reclaim anyhow

there are plenty issues regarding mis-selling to go through

have a look at the sticky 'notes for claimants' at the top of this forum.

the CCA would p'haps be a good place to start, you never know, there might be an automated tick in that box. a favourite one that makes many cough.

and don't forget the interest you can reclaim on the PPI payments too, use their rate then add 8% stat.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Interesting outcome here.

Barclaycard took over this account, and have been in touch to say that they can't find any evidence to prove PPI was sold within best practice guidelines, and are therefore refunding the money - however they've only gone back as far as when they took over Littlewoods Finance. This only amounts to roughly half what we originally asked for, with our list of charges showing all dates going back at least 4 years, but their included list only going back 2 years.

They've not given any reason for why they've not included the earlier payments, but I suspect they're hoping we'll just settle with what they've offered, and not question it.

They're asking for bank details so that they can refund the amount they've calculated, but I'm thinking we should write back and demand the full amount, given they've already admitted they have no evidence, so I don't think they can back down now - and even if they did, I'd just move onto the FOS?