Im new and trouble with Currys can you help!?!

kat.regan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have never worked for DSG but what im reading makes me quite sad to think that i may be treated unfairly because it may affect store margins....im sure this is the same for all high street companys. i understand EX DSG MAN that we cant expect quality goods to last for years when paying minimum price for them...but when i purchased my TV 20 months ago, it was voted in the top 3 from stuff magazine for 50" plasmas and when my partner done his research this particular plasma was really up there with the best. I got a cracking deal which was partly due to sale prices and also the salesman doing his best to get the sale at the time.It may be pretty cheap in comparisson to some out there but with the high st stores constantly trying to beat each others prices, i can hardly complain when i can get a £1300 TV for £800;) the fact of the matter is....no matter if i paid £2 OR £2K I should be able to expect a reasonable time out of my products and regardless of price 20 months just isnt acceptable:(

i like your honesty and i am thankful that you have came on here to give consumers the best advise when dealing with DSG and it is helpful that we have the advantage of getting "inside knowledge of procedures" so thankyou for that:D

thanks BSC, as i said originally im new and wasnt sure of the process in relation to this site and just started a new thread...i have since read your posts (which i wasnt aware of before) and find them very useful indeed so thanks so much!

I certainly know now what my rights are...not only with SOGA but other legislation also and its such a great help to the likes of me...who if im honest, if anything else broke down in the past, I would have just bought a new one. :(

i came across this site purely by accident as i was so annoyed that i spent (what i class as alot of money) on a single purchase that went belly up after such a short time...and in truth i was prepared to take on Samsung as i honestly believed, as they were the manufacturer then they were at fault. only to find that it wasnt the case and that it is the actual supplier i had to deal with, SOGA etc

It all ended up good in the end and fortunately for me Currys resolved the matter in a pretty professional manner ( Im aware of the contradiction from a previous post..but i have calmed down now and looked upon the matter with a clear head)

What i am able to do now...(and no im certainly no expert) is now respond to other peoples threads giving them my circumstances and hopefully give others going through the same thing a little hope that all SHOULD be resolved as my case shows and also to make sure people I know are aware of this site as it has a wealth of great advice for any matter of situations and circumstances.:D

so thanks again!!