Car towed this morning!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help! I woke up this morning to my car alarm going off, thinking I had left the window open, I looked out the window and to my suprise my car was on the back of a truck, I threw on my clothes and ran outside, confused as to why it was being towed, they pointed to the sign that does actually say residents only monday-sunday, i normally park on the road next to that which is monday-friday, I didn't look at the other sign and take responsability for that, however I pleaded with the enforcers to let me settle up there and not remove the car, they said there's nothing they can do and i'd have to go and pick upthe car from the compound and it would be £260, I have since been out and looked around and nowhere does it say anything about clamping or towing. What should I do next as I need my car to get back to brighton, it has my college stuff in it too, thanks for any help in advance

Cristiaan

This is the sign and where I was parked

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Did you have a permit, and was it displayed? Next, did you park within the bays marked, or in the roadway outwith the bay? To get the car back fast, your only option is to pay up and argue later (as each day you leave it the storage fee increases).

I'm interested in the Monday-to-Sunday terminology. I'm unaware of any other days in the week, so the sign should read 'at all times' (IMO).

hi buzby, thanks for your help, no i didn't have a permit as i thought it was the same as round the corner, 50 yards away which is no permit required sat or sunday, I only come to my dads for the weekends, I'm pretty sure I was parked in the bay, but even if i wasn't i was not in anyway obstructing the flow of traffic and it's only a single yellow line inbetween bays, how can they remove the car if there's no warning signs of this? surely I have a case? I am about to go pick up the car as I've had to wait till my dad finshes work cause i dont have any ID

Sorry I meant 'all days' :) - As it makes it a nonsense showing a span of days that turns out to be the whole week!

As I see it - you could either have parked within the Resident's bay, and been removed for not displaying a valid permit. If outwith the bay, then is part of a CPZ, the car should not have been there anyway, and the lifting of offending vehicles authorised.

I can only think of checking out the TMO for he locus to see if there is a weakness in the paperwork for the restriction. Unfortunately, what happens round the corner is immaterial, as on other places round the corner could be a red route with all sorts of horrors applying. It's an expensive lesson to read everything, every time you park. (As regulations change, as does the signage).

:(

I am curious about the terminology too. If it says "residents only monday-sunday" then that could mean two things.

If it means all week, surely it should just read "residents only" and not specify any particular days.

As it is, "to Sunday" could be interpreted as meaning until Sunday - but not on Sunday as well.

I wonder if an appeal would succeed on this basis?

Sorry I meant 'all days' :) - As it makes it a nonsense showing a span of days that turns out to be the whole week!

As I see it - you could either have parked within the Resident's bay, and been removed for not displaying a valid permit. If outwith the bay, then is part of a CPZ, the car should not have been there anyway, and the lifting of offending vehicles authorised.

I can only think of checking out the TMO for he locus to see if there is a weakness in the paperwork for the restriction. Unfortunately, what happens round the corner is immaterial, as on other places round the corner could be a red route with all sorts of horrors applying. It's an expensive lesson to read everything, every time you park. (As regulations change, as does the signage).

:(

At this time of year as well...typical! Yeah it's a very expensive lesson to learn, It was deff parked within the bay though so the reason for the removal must be the lack of permit, I was just always under the impression that there should be a sign making you aware they'll remove the car and I've had plenty of parking tickets in the past so why was the car not removed then??? Bad times :(

I am curious about the terminology too. If it says "residents only monday-sunday" then that could mean two things.

If it means all week, surely it should just read "residents only" and not specify any particular days.

As it is, "to Sunday" could be interpreted as meaning until Sunday - but not on Sunday as well.

I completely agree with this viewpoint. There is some ambiguity in the signage. Enough to cause confusion.

i would wait for others opinions first, but in my opinion I would appeal on the basis that the signage is confusing. There are no times, just days. And it says Monday to Sunday. What time on Sunday? If it is indeed all Sunday, then why not just say 'residents only' because that is what it boils down to.

The signage is confusing in that aspect. Whether that is sufficient for a successful appeal I am not so sure. So I would in the meantime look at all other aspects. Are the bays the correct widh and length as per the traffic order? Are ths signs the correct size?

I work mon-fri does that mean I should get fridays off? lol

Did you check the TMO to see if it is valid? If all you have is a signage complaint (because it wasn't pointed at you as a pedestrian) I donlt see any chance of success - but ultimately, it remains your decision.