TheBogyman Vs The Halifax - Some help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hers the Story so far,

Friday June 16th, sent off a letter asking for statements, Not recorded,boobed!!

Wednesday June 21st Called the Halifax, and no record of the letter being send,

Wednesday June 21st Sent a second letter asking for copies, Recorded :D )

Wednesday Aug 2nd Called data protection on 01422332991, spoke to a very nice guy called Mark, who confirmed i was in the system, and that the computers had been giving problems,,,bla bla bla,,,excuses, and confirmed he would make an urgent request,

Saturday Aug 5th (3days later) The statements arrived

Thursday 17th Aug Sent of letter requesting refund of charges, along with a list of details outlining charges,

Monday 21st Aug recieved a letter from the Halifax, saying they were sorry to hear i was unhappy,bla bla lba ....you all know the one by now,,,dung dung dung,,,

Tuesday 5th Sept Recieved a phone call from some poor monkey offering me £180.00,,"chortle chortle" dont think so,,,politely declined, however she went on to explain that the charges being refunded were only for credit card accounts, and the court ruling did not include banks,,,big pinoccio nose there,,,,

Tuesday 5th Sept recieved a letter in writing confirming the offer

Friday 15th Sept Sending off the Letter before action,,,,

And thats the story so far folks,,,so stay tuned for more of this nail bititng saga,,, :o)

Calculated ammount at £1152.00, Now the ?? when i now ask for the money to be refunded, what exactly does the "eclosed a schedule of the charges" intail, do i simply inclued the dates of the charges and ammounts on a spreedsheet, do i include intrest now, or what,,some help please,, want to keep the ball rolling,,,"O" And where do i send it, to my local branch, or head office,,

Hiya

When I made my claim, on the spreadsheet, I wrote Charges as Notified, amount of charge & then the date of charge.

The interest gets added when you file your claim for court. I sent mine to -

Halifax PLC

Customer Relations Manager

Core Business Team

Customer Service

PO Box 548

LeedsLS1 1WU

I then waited about 10 days then gave them a ring on this number Phone 08457 253519

Hope that helps you in what you need to know.

My court claim starts this week, so looking forward to getting my money & going on a spending spree.

Good Luck With Your Claim

Angi x

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Thanks angi, still confused about the intrest side of things, am i right in downloading the spreed sheet from the templates section, then include all the dates, and charges on the spreed sheet, it calulates intrest at the bottom,but do i send it off with the first letter asking for the charges to be refunded, and do i ask for the intrest to be refunded as well in the first letter ??

Hiya

Im sure the spread-sheet is the same for most Banks, I could be wrong, but I have not read any-where about any different spread-sheets being used, only for different cards ie - Credit Cards or Bank Accounts.

I am fairly sure someone else will put us right on this matter.

Good Luck With Your Claim

Angi x

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

The spreadsheets are the same for any bank it just works out your charges and the interest from the day it occured to today

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 1 month later...

Right got there in the end, sent off the letter before action, heard nout, then marched onwards to the court bit, downloaded the NI form off the site, filled it in and took it to the local court, they sent it off, but it bounced striaght back, as the NI form is not valid in North Ireland, so had to transfer all the info to a new form, so i have a copy of it, which i will scan and sent to the site for all Northern Ireland pps to use,how long do the bank have to eply, as it wass sent off a week ago, and i have heard nothing,